Search this Thread

Old 8/20/14, 08:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New part available on CJPP

Old 8/20/14, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see it listed anywhere on their site though Definitely my next investment in the Stang. I should have gotten in on the first batch which was offered at a nice discount. Still worth 3 beans though.
Old 8/20/14, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks like its on backorder until October...

Perhaps this would get rid of the notchiness of the shifter?
Also, wondering if there would be increased transmission noise in the cabin.

Definitely on my "watching" list- its a product that makes a lot of sense! Even with the Ford Racing short throw shifter installed, changing gears just isn't as smooth as it should be in my '14.
Old 8/21/14, 01:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Varilux

Definitely on my "watching" list- its a product that makes a lot of sense! Even with the Ford Racing short throw shifter installed, changing gears just isn't as smooth as it should be in my '14.
All the beta testers seem to have loved them. If you are interested in the product you might want to check out the original thread on BMO. I started reading at the CAD drawings which really cleared up for me why this "should" work.

http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7918.125
Old 8/21/14, 07:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

As berzerk said read the thread on BMO about it and see if you think it is something you would want. There are threads here too about it, one in the 5.0 mods section so I won't go into great detail, however I can tell you that everyone but myself have had no increased NVH into the cabin, I believe I installed the beta product pushing it against the trans tunnel so tight that it does transmit some noise. If you install it correctly though you won't get this. As for the shifting, unless you have damage already in the trans from missed shifts or what have you this should fix any issue you have.
Old 8/21/14, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

The explanation at the link makes perfect sense, and the problem they describe with just stiffening up the bracket at the stock location exactly mirrors what I experienced with the FR bracket.

I have a '65 Mustang into which I've installed a T-5. As you can imagine, it is always a bit annoying to notice my 50 year old restored classic shifts better than my 1 year old "modern" car.

I will just keep watching the Blowfish site till I see this come off backorder. Then it will be going under my Stang.
Old 8/21/14, 09:18 AM
GT Member

I will just keep watching the Blowfish site till I see this come off backorder. Then it will be going under my Stang.
You could always fab one from hotel key cards.
Old 8/21/14, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by K.A.I.N
You could always fab one from hotel key cards.
I'm laughing even though I don't get it.
Old 8/21/14, 10:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I'm laughing even though I don't get it.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-piece-528988/
Old 8/21/14, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
As berzerk said read the thread on BMO about it and see if you think it is something you would want. There are threads here too about it, one in the 5.0 mods section so I won't go into great detail, however I can tell you that everyone but myself have had no increased NVH into the cabin, I believe I installed the beta product pushing it against the trans tunnel so tight that it does transmit some noise. If you install it correctly though you won't get this. As for the shifting, unless you have damage already in the trans from missed shifts or what have you this should fix any issue you have.
Presuming the NVH is your install, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want it, unless they'd rather keep the money.

Speaking of your install, I have seen this reply from you multiple times and keep wondering why you haven't attempted to fix it? Is it just lack of free time or is there no way to fix it now?
Old 8/21/14, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Brilliant and even funnier now.
Old 8/21/14, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

...heh, heh- I use hotel key cards in a lot of situations in the garage (shims, patching plastic, etc.). As the link indicates, when I installed my Roush front splitter I didn't feel like hacking up the original spoiler (as per the instructions). The "edges" of the splitter are secured (and remain nicely so) with hotel key cards from Le Parker Meridien.

As for the bracket, once you think about it attaching the shifter to the body (which is what the stock shifter bracket does) independently from the transmission is just plain stupid. Even when I was replacing the shifter, I kept looking at the set up thinking "something about this just doesn't seem right." Now I realize its because every other transmission I've seen has had its shift body as an integral piece (which is what this kit does).

The '14 GT is just too good of a car to suffer from such a poor shifter set-up. I just wish this had been around when I got my short-throw (I installed then removed the FR bracket, because it solved one issue and exacerbated others- currently I have a slightly "firmed up" stock bracket installed).

Can't wait to order this!
Old 8/21/14, 10:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Presuming the NVH is your install, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want it, unless they'd rather keep the money.

Speaking of your install, I have seen this reply from you multiple times and keep wondering why you haven't attempted to fix it? Is it just lack of free time or is there no way to fix it now?
It will get fixed when I get the production piece and remove the beta unit I have, I can only hear it at light throttle with the windows up which happens all of once in a blue moon.
Old 8/21/14, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Have they said about how much the part will cost?
Old 8/21/14, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I believe the price on the Blowfish site was $299. Worth every penny if it fixes the shifting once and for good!
Old 8/21/14, 01:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I believe the price on the Blowfish site was $299. Worth every penny if it fixes the shifting once and for good!
299 is correct, both on Blowfish's site and CJPP.
Old 8/21/14, 05:02 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I cant see it working with the MGW shifter.
Old 8/21/14, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fawls
I cant see it working with the MGW shifter.
All you do is take the MGW bracket that attaches the rear of the shifter to the body and turn it upside down to mount it to the Blowfish bracket. I have the MGW and I have the Blowfish bracket on pre-order.
Old 8/21/14, 08:12 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Good, I hope it works this bracket looks the business.
Old 8/22/14, 02:12 PM
GT Member

do you know if the one from CJ will also come with the bracket for the MGW? only shows the one on their site.

Quick Reply: New part available on CJPP