2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New mustang v6 has arrived but........

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/10, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One other possibility here. A couple of years ago another TMS member had this exact problem. And he found a company out there that makes nice flush mount flat plugs for many brands of automobiles that are also paintable. And once installed you really had to get close to even note them. His pictures proved that! Anyone remember who makes those, if Kev would like to consider going that route? CalStang
Old 6/13/10, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow for all those fast replies !!!! I'll keep in mind all of your ideas but I'll see what my dealer has to say monday , maybe it will turn out good( i hope) if not well we'll see. I dont to make a big story either because it should be a happy day!!!! I guess I could accepte grabber blue plug. Yes the car is a DD all year long with snow and stuff.
Old 6/13/10, 03:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Kevin, i would definately not accept the car that way, try working it out with the salesman. See what he says about a bumper change and are not willing to complete the transaction if he cannot resolve the issue in a timely matter . What's the dealership you got it from ? Maybe i can help you.
Old 6/13/10, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
dont think that looks as good in canada
Exactly why I suggested it. I know how Canadians are about their hockey.
Old 6/13/10, 04:00 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I made it very clear to the dealer on my 2006 that there would be no front plate.
I knew that it had to be written into the deal to prevent it from happening.
To the salesman it is just another car.
"Sorry buddy but they are build this way"
That proves their point of view.
He didn't even say, "Sorry you didn't tell us. We always do that."
I vote for letting them have an expert fix it and see how it looks before demanding anything else.
Myself, I was ready to take the car with holes if they "screwed up".
My salesman did an excellent job though and I always give him recommendations now.
Old 6/13/10, 04:22 PM
GT Member

i'm in california and front license plates are required, but whenever i decide to order and take delivery, i will not accept a car with the holes.

i think someone screwed up seeing as how normally they have that whole front license plate bracket attached.
Old 6/13/10, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't even say anything to my salesperson (forgot all about it) and he had the foresight to call me up and ask me if I wanted them installed when the car came in.
Old 6/13/10, 04:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I WOULD NOT take it .... Do they have another Grabber Blue V6 in stock? Just have them swap the bumper covers ... takes all of 30 minutes. They could swap with another dealer if they don't have a Grabber Blue.

When I bought my 2010 it did not have the bolts in the front bumper ... we don't need them in Georgia ... rear tag only.

While I did the paper work they pulled the car across the street to their prep shop to get it ready for me to take home.

I told the salesman they better not install the license plate holder on the front bumper ... and I know I had seen it in the trunk when I was going over the car on the lot. He said the normally don't but he ran across the street and made sure they didn't anyway. It still has the stupid dimples but I can deal with that.

Last edited by dmhines; 6/13/10 at 04:54 PM.
Old 6/13/10, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I just thought of this...I'm not sure if Mustangs do, but many cars have VIN stickers on the backside of the bumper covers. If so, I doubt the dealer would swap one from another car.
Old 6/13/10, 09:21 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
We don't have front plates. No holes in my bumper. My V-6 didn't come with screws for a front plate.
Old 6/13/10, 11:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by topfuelkev
Hahaha no way for those front plates guys! I guess i'll try the " change the bumper of the deal is off " it sucks but I can wait. **** so close to have it.......she's not even a mile from my house
You didn't answer the question. Did you specifically ask for it to not have the front bumper drilled?
Old 6/14/10, 12:00 AM
Cobra R Member

this seems pretty simple

a-did you have verbal agreement to not have holes in front bumper?

b-do you have written agreement to not have holes in front bumper?

c-neither

=if a (then dealer should make good)
=if b (then dealer must make good)
=if c (sol)
Old 6/14/10, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by ireallycare
You didn't answer the question. Did you specifically ask for it to not have the front bumper drilled?
Nope , but the dealer never mentionned that option either.
Old 6/14/10, 06:39 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ireallycare
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
this seems pretty simple

a-did you have verbal agreement to not have holes in front bumper?

b-do you have written agreement to not have holes in front bumper?

c-neither

=if a (then dealer should make good)
=if b (then dealer must make good)
=if c (sol)
Originally Posted by topfuelkev
Nope , but the dealer never mentionned that option either.
Well, if you took a quick walk around the lot and saw ALL the cars with front plates (or screws) they can claim it was not an option anyway.
It is standard procedure and you needed to specify anything different.
I know this all sucks, but that is kinda what I did.
Old 6/14/10, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

I got lucky, I even had to ask my dealer to drill for the rear plate. They just handed me my new plate and said "here ya go!" I had to ask them for the rear plate screws and to drill them for me!
Old 6/14/10, 06:11 PM

Quick update, the dealer called me this evening and everything has been taking car of!!!!! I cant wait to see the job they done at the bodyshop . I didnt even whine that much to get that so im pretty happy now. Im taking the car tomorow afternoon Yeah!!!!!!!
Old 6/16/10, 03:42 AM

Seriously..I understand the frustration and esp. if you suffer from mild case of OCD, Just be happy with that car.. you never know if the replacement might have something else wrong with it or the bumper fix might come across worse.

Try http://www.bumperplugs.com.

It will look great with those on. Don't try the other drastic attempts of replacing the bumper or a new car just b/c of some small holes.

You can always complain after or on the form. Congrats on the new car.. love the color in person.
Old 6/16/10, 05:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Its already fixed. Most dealers realize the anguish that this can cause, but that sentiment isn't relayed down to the detail/prep guys very well.
Old 6/16/10, 05:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Its already fixed. Most dealers realize the anguish that this can cause, but that sentiment isn't relayed down to the detail/prep guys very well.
Why do they call them "detail" guys if they never pay attention to the details? You'd think if they spend their days prepping cars they'd be more in tune with the buyers. Instead it seems more like an assembly line of automatons who don't care if you're buying a Mustang, Focus, or Ferrari.

One thing I can't stand is the dealer "decal" that gets put on the back. I'm HOPING my dealer doesn't put it on top of the black MCA applique. That would be more difficult to remove than from the paint. And you can bet I intend to remove it.
Old 6/16/10, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Why do they call them "detail" guys if they never pay attention to the details? You'd think if they spend their days prepping cars they'd be more in tune with the buyers. Instead it seems more like an assembly line of automatons who don't care if you're buying a Mustang, Focus, or Ferrari.

One thing I can't stand is the dealer "decal" that gets put on the back. I'm HOPING my dealer doesn't put it on top of the black MCA applique. That would be more difficult to remove than from the paint. And you can bet I intend to remove it.
They clean cars for a living, not much more needs to be said. I would simply let them know to not put the sticker on or if they insist they do, that you show them where. And then remove it at your discretion.

Quick Reply: New mustang v6 has arrived but........