2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

NEW MUSTANG OWNERS - KM's/Miles Count

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/11 | 05:49 AM
V6 Member

NEW MUSTANG OWNERS - KM's/Miles Count

Hello Fellow Mustang Owners .....

Just wondering how many KM's/Miles you have put on since you got the car.

I have only had my 2012 Mustang Premium V6 for about a month now and I've put on 4,000 Km's (I live in Canada). At this rate, I am on pace for 52,000 Km's a year .... assuming I can get 250,000 Km's out of the engine .... my car will only last about 5 years LOL

I need to slow down .... but I LOVE this car.... and its TOO MUCH fun to drive .... ESPECIALLY when you get those ricers trying to race you ... MUHAHAHAHA .... I can only imagine how fast the GT must be ......

Looking forward to modding up the car once warranty is over ....

Am I the only one who has been racking up the Km's/Miles ? ? ?
Old 8/23/11 | 06:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Enjoy the kilometers. Life is too short to do what I do- leave the car in the garage for 5 days a week in the summer, 7 days a week in the winter.

I picked my 2011 up one year and two weeks ago, I have 7,500 miles (12,100 Km) on it. I can only imagine how many I would have on it if I didn't drive it only when I felt like it! :O
Old 8/23/11 | 06:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Enjoy the kilometers. Life is too short to do what I do- leave the car in the garage for 5 days a week in the summer, 7 days a week in the winter.

I picked my 2011 up one year and two weeks ago, I have 7,500 miles (12,100 Km) on it. I can only imagine how many I would have on it if I didn't drive it only when I felt like it! :O

Thanks, OH I have been enjoying it .... your definately right ... Life is too short .... This is my first muscle car ... actually this is my first car !!!! lol

I just have to control myself with all these km's .... i wish i had the patience and will power to just leave it in the garage .... the only time i feel like i can do it... is when it rains outside lol

my car is black and it gets dirty WAYYYY too easily
Old 8/23/11 | 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

3500 miles here.
Old 8/23/11 | 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

.11 GT/cs.....10,000 miles since Nov. 29, .10.
Old 8/23/11 | 07:09 AM
V6 Member

Nice, I was about to ask if you guys drive in the winter but realized last minute your from Florida lol

Must be nice not to have to park it up in the winter .... speaking of which, I need to get myself a winter beater
Old 8/23/11 | 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

March 6th 2011, only 1300 miles...
Old 8/23/11 | 07:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fake
March 6th 2011, only 1300 miles...
WOW .... how do you do it?

Maybe the reason why I seem to be driving so much is because i don't have another daily driver car ....
Old 8/23/11 | 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flip
WOW .... how do you do it?

Maybe the reason why I seem to be driving so much is because i don't have another daily driver car ....
Because it's a toy and I have other vehicles to drive. I put 4K miles a month on my "work" vehicle.

Last edited by fake; 8/23/11 at 07:45 AM.
Old 8/23/11 | 07:47 AM
V6 Member

Must be nice .... I need to get myself a 2nd vehicle .... I was hoping to keep this car at least 10 years ....

The sad part about my 4000 Km's is that I haven't even taken it on the Highway/Freeway yet.
Old 8/23/11 | 07:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Must be nice .... I need to get myself a 2nd vehicle .... I was hoping to keep this car at least 10 years ....

The sad part about my 4000 Km's is that I haven't even taken it on the Highway/Freeway yet.
Getting this mustang, was not a fun ordeal. This is my 5th mustang to own. Only reason I got it, was because an 18 year old little girl who was texting and driving made a left and turn in front of me on my motorcycle. This happend on Christmas Eve 2010. F'ed me up pretty good. Hence the reason for other cars. And no, the GT is not fully paid for.

No more motorcycles for me, so I got back into Mustangs.
Old 8/23/11 | 08:00 AM
V6 Member

Getting this mustang, was not a fun ordeal. This is my 5th mustang to own. Only reason I got it, was because an 18 year old little girl who was texting and driving made a left and turn in front of me on my motorcycle. This happend on Christmas Eve 2010. F'ed me up pretty good. Hence the reason for other cars. And no, the GT is not fully paid for.

No more motorcycles for me, so I got back into Mustangs.

Sorry to hear that man .... hope you get better soon .... i've heard numerous stories about young teens txting and driving and causing accidents .... well im sure this latest mustang was the most heavily equipped stock ... minus the mods ...

I guess my situation is a little different since this is one of my first cars and my first mustang .... your probably in the "been there done that" stage of mustangs now ... but at least it allows you to not feel the need to go out there and show off the car

I regret driving so much too because i cant even count the number of stone chips and scratches on the paint work already ... plus the ones on the beautiful performance package rims ...that are not so beautiful anymore
Old 8/23/11 | 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear that man .... hope you get better soon .... i've heard numerous stories about young teens txting and driving and causing accidents .... well im sure this latest mustang was the most heavily equipped stock ... minus the mods ...

I guess my situation is a little different since this is one of my first cars and my first mustang .... your probably in the "been there done that" stage of mustangs now ... but at least it allows you to not feel the need to go out there and show off the car

I regret driving so much too because i cant even count the number of stone chips and scratches on the paint work already ... plus the ones on the beautiful performance package rims ...that are not so beautiful anymore
I'm good now, just a bunch of scars. I would guess you're in your early 20's. I got my first mustang when I was 20 (almost 35 now) and drove the heck out of it. Don't regret driving it so much. Have fun, be safe and enjoy life! You never know when it can be taken away from you.
Old 8/23/11 | 08:17 AM
Cobra R Member

2012 GT/CS. 21 miles since 9pm last night. That includes the 7 it came with
Old 8/23/11 | 08:17 AM
V6 Member

I'm good now, just a bunch of scars. I would guess you're in your early 20's. I got my first mustang when I was 20 (almost 35 now) and drove the heck out of it. Don't regret driving it so much. Have fun, be safe and enjoy life! You never know when it can be taken away from you.

Very good guess ... yes I am in my mid 20's (25) .... i guess its a phase or something that has to get out of my system .... thanks for the advice. .... i definately agree with you

I hope one day i can add more mustangs to my collection but for now i am slowly learning the feel and drive of the car and hopefully adding more to the car (mods) later on ....
Old 8/23/11 | 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Very good guess ... yes I am in my mid 20's (25) .... i guess its a phase or something that has to get out of my system .... thanks for the advice. .... i definately agree with you

I hope one day i can add more mustangs to my collection but for now i am slowly learning the feel and drive of the car and hopefully adding more to the car (mods) later on ....
As for helping your black car from scratches. Hand wash the car with a new wool mitt. Use dawn liquid soap this one time only to strip any wax or other junk on your paint. Clay bar the car then get some Blackfire Wet Diamond, which is a paint sealant.

Old 8/23/11 | 08:31 AM
V6 Member

Fake - I love your last pic! My car will never look like that again!

I have 21k as it is my daily driver/commuter car. Along with all the scratches that come with parking in public parking lots.
Old 8/23/11 | 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Purchased the car in December 2010. It has 9300 miles on it now.
Old 8/23/11 | 08:35 AM
GT Member

I have about 360 miles on mine.
Old 8/23/11 | 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

2011 GT - Purchased July 2010, 3700 Miles. I work 2 miles down the street from home and she is a garage queen

Quick Reply: NEW MUSTANG OWNERS - KM's/Miles Count