Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Mods installed - BOSS Intake, Xpipe, and more

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/12, 12:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mods installed - BOSS Intake, Xpipe, and more

Received some awesome stang gifts from the fiancee for Christmas.

JLT intake
Lund 93 octane cammed tune
Lethal Offroad Xpipe
Boss 302 Intake manifold

Xpipe
Installation of the Xpipe was a breeze. Did it on simple jackstands and had a buddy to help. The only thing I'm concerned about is I might have an exhaust leak. When I really get on it, I hear a rapid tick sound coming from the mid/back of the car. To anyone who has done this install, what was your trick to getting the rear part of the xpipe and the over axle pipes to join together with the sleeve clamps? That part was a PITA and I am concerned maybe I didn't get them together all the way.

Sound is unreal. Combined with the Bassani axlebacks...the car purrs under light/moderate driving and roars like a lion over 4.5k rpm.

JLT and BOSS 302 Intake Manifold
This was probably the most advanced work I've ever tackled on a car. I took my time (about 4 hours). I ran in to an issue with the coolant hose that runs to the heater core. In order to remove the stock intake manifold, it appeared that I needed to remove this hose from the block. When I did so, coolant sprayed all over me, the dog, the engine and hood. It was a mess. I spent a lot of time cleaning it up, but it's still not clean.

After re-reading the directions from LRS for the BOSS 302 intake, it never says to remove this hose. I guess I was supposed to push it out of the way. although at the time that didn't seem possible.

Relocating the purge valve from the stock intake manifold was a PITA. There didn't seem to be a good place to mount it on the block (as the directions stated) that would allow for the electrical connector to reach as well as the stock purge line. I ended up just leaving the valve "hanging" by zip tying it to other lines.

I went from basically a stock car to a JLT intake, BOSS mani, Tune, and OR xpipe beast.

The car is totally different now. Throttle response and the amount of power increase is ridiculous. My tires (stock pirellis with 23k miles) can't hook up. Down low, I do not notice any torque loss at all. Improved power all around, mostly at higher RPMs.

Hoping to get on a dyno soon. Anyone have a similar set up with HP/tq numbers?

Old 1/9/12, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the mods! These these are wicked once you start to modify them.
As for the exhaust leak you can probaly get back under the car and see where it's been leaking (it does sound like you have a leak). I would loosen everything back up and start tightening where you have your leak.