Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Member Question: What Do You Think About This Price for a New 2014?

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/14, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member Question: What Do You Think About This Price for a New 2014?

Hello: I've been lurking on this site for awhile as I'm interested in getting a new Mustang. Like alot of people, I've always wanted a Mustang but never pulled the trigger on getting one. However, when I saw pictures of the 2015 redesign, I began to seriously consider getting a 2014 as I didn't really like how the redesign looked. Just to make sure, I went to an auto show where they had a 2014 Mustang and a 2015 Mustang on display.

I just like the current body style better. The new design is nice, it should sell well, but it just doesn't do it for me like the current body style. So, I began looking in earnest for a 2014 model.

Here's what I'd like: 2014 Mustang GT Premium, manual tranny, 401A, Navigation Package, Comfort Package, Backup Camera, Deep Impact Blue, and one of the 19 inch wheels (not sure which).

The local dealership can order this for me and has given me a quote of $35,178 including all incentives. This is $300 more than a vehicle they have on the lot that has all that I want but for the backup camera, and it's in black (an acceptable colour).

So, is this a decent price for what I want? It seems so based on what I've seen online. I will be trading in a 2012 VW GTI Autobahn Edition that's in great shape. I hope to get appx 20k for it.

I've read about a $750 coupon, but don't have one. How do I go about getting one?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 4/30/14, 10:49 AM
GT Member

Not your color but a representation of what we can get around here:

http://www.koons.com/new/Ford/2014-F...b76b5ddd26.htm
Old 4/30/14, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That's about right. Most of the dealers around me are doing $3000 off. Id imagine with all the options its about $38k. There is a used 13 with all of those options selling for $29k by me. That would probably be the best price for one with Nav
Old 4/30/14, 02:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jhawk12345

The local dealership can order this for me and has given me a quote of $35,178 including all incentives. This is $300 more than a vehicle they have on the lot that has all that I want but for the backup camera, and it's in black (an acceptable colour).

I've read about a $750 coupon, but don't have one. How do I go about getting one?
I looked at your profile for your location, but didnt see anything.

Since you are using the "Queen`s English". Are you in Canada?, and is that price in Canadian Dollars?
Old 4/30/14, 06:09 PM

Thanks for your replies. No, I don't live in Canada...but close! I'm in North Dakota. The "Queen's English" comes from old fashion Catholic schooling. The car I'd like to order is around 38k before incentives. I really like the car in Virginia that Scott9050 posted. Too bad I'm about 1500 miles away! I used to live in Harrisonburg, VA., and love the state. Very beautiful. I maybe in the Norfolk area this summer touring historic sites thru the state. I wonder if they'd hold the car for me until then....lol.
Old 5/1/14, 06:08 AM
GT Member

I checked last summer and could have a Mustang shipped for about $650 from Wyoming to Minnesota. (1000 miles). Ended up driving halfway, giving them my truck and driving the other half in the Stang. Actually worked out pretty good. Give them a call.... dicker a little bit and see if they will make it work. It certainly shocked me.
Old 5/1/14, 06:19 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What I did was I joined the Mustang Club of America for $50. Just so I can use the X plan pricing. The dealer has no choice in the matter but to honor the x plan.

You get the x plan price plus all the rebates are subtracted from that. You will find that you can order the exact car you are wanting and a good price for it without the hassle of having to deal with negotiations.

For your $50 you get to save money and the hassle of the dealership.

Do a google search and you will be able to get to the site that will show the x plan price and see what you will pay for the car.
Old 5/1/14, 02:04 PM

I think that's pretty good. I paid $30,300 for a 2014 GT base with automatic. The dealers around here were offering $3k off. I don't drive enough to need the nav system and not a big fan of leather.
Old 5/1/14, 08:45 PM
GT Member

Thanks for your replies. No, I don't live in Canada...but close! I'm in North Dakota. The "Queen's English" comes from old fashion Catholic schooling. The car I'd like to order is around 38k before incentives. I really like the car in Virginia that Scott9050 posted. Too bad I'm about 1500 miles away! I used to live in Harrisonburg, VA., and love the state. Very beautiful. I maybe in the Norfolk area this summer touring historic sites thru the state. I wonder if they'd hold the car for me until then....lol.
Blah! Buy the car, jump on a low fare red eye flight and drive the stang cross country back home.

It`s guaranteed you`ll have more fun than a 4th grader on a school cancelled snow day. When you get home you`ll have a smile so big that people will think you stuck duct tap on both ends of your mouth and pulled it back as far as you could.

It`s North Dakota, what are you going to miss for a few days? Melting snow and moose migrations?

That should be more than enough convincing.
Old 5/1/14, 09:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
If you can find it get the DIB. If that is your primary color choice than you should go for it.
Just go for the car you want and take the incentives. I agree that a road trip would be great.
Old 5/2/14, 12:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
To get the $750 coupon (but it not a sure deal), go to www.ford.com. Under "Shopping Tools" look for "Brochures & Guides" in the left of the drop down. Fill out the form, and hope you get a coupon as not every one comes with the 750 discount. If your buying soon, check the "asap" area. The coupons do have an expiration, so it's a timing thing. You can fill out a form in your significant others name also as it's good for anyone in the household. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed you get one.
Old 5/2/14, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd love a road trip to VA but can't take the time off from work, and also have to trade in my GTI. I'll see if I can get the coupon from Ford, thanks for the tip. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to see what they'll give me for my GTI. They also have a car on the lot that is close enough to what I want that I'm still considering just getting that one.

It doesn't have a rear camera, something that I woul like. I've looked online and it appear to be pretty hard to add an OEM camera. Aftermarket setups look easier, but might be mounted too low. I'm going to ask if the dealership can install a camera on the car they have on the lot, and how much it would cost.
Old 5/2/14, 07:05 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the car you describe you should be able to find one for 7,000 off sticker as in an earlier post. I used the Ford site to search for dealers and the specific car I wanted and kept expanding the zip codes until what I wanted popped and was very aggressively priced well below x plan plus the incentives of 2,500 at that time. My 35,275 window sticker turned into 28.900. I flew from NH to MD and saved over 3,000 for the road trip vs my local dealer.
Great deals to be had if you make the effort. For three thousand dollars I would have even travelled further.
I also went to the Ford site and requested information and they emailed me a 750 coupon but that was months ago. My guess is they still do it.
Old 5/6/14, 08:14 PM
GT Member

Your dealer could probably do a dealer trade with the other one. I know they used to do that. Good luck!
Old 5/6/14, 11:38 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That seems like a good price to me. I got a 2014 about a year ago - has everything yours has except for navigation/electronics package and i paid $34,000. This was X-plan pricing plus my dealer also gave me the $750 rebate even without the coupon. He looked it up and said i'd be getting a coupon in a few days so he just took it off. The car listed for about $39K.

Scott
Old 5/8/14, 08:50 AM

Right now I'm looking at a new 2014 race red California special with 3.73 gears and comfort package that priced just below 31k. I currently have a 2011 base GT that I'm shopping around to get a good price so I don't get too crushed be depreciation. It would be awesome to have a new CS, but it's basically the same car with interior upgrades...
Old 5/8/14, 06:56 PM
GT Member

Looked at a white 14 CS Vert today , 51,000 cdn. Almost fell over.
Old 5/8/14, 07:25 PM

Something else to keep in mind jhawk. Most of us waited two to three months to take delivery on our special orders (for various reasons) according to the dealer. I waited three months even though I was told it would be six to eight weeks. The point being, if you're not a patient man, that wait time can take a little joy out of the purchase (at least for me). Maybe finding the right car, at the right price, on a dealers lot would put you in that 2014 before the 2015 hits the streets.
Old 5/10/14, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
New member here, didn't want to start a new thread, but just would like to hear your opinions.

I'm in the mist of getting a new 2014 GT in DIB, manual with tech and track package, just want to hear if you guys think this is a fair price. The MSRP is $35,725, with rebates included, the dealer is agreeing to 33.3K with tax and all the other fees. I live in NY, the market value is around $32,910 for the car around here.
Old 5/12/14, 08:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kanine
New member here, didn't want to start a new thread, but just would like to hear your opinions.

I'm in the mist of getting a new 2014 GT in DIB, manual with tech and track package, just want to hear if you guys think this is a fair price. The MSRP is $35,725, with rebates included, the dealer is agreeing to 33.3K with tax and all the other fees. I live in NY, the market value is around $32,910 for the car around here.
Way too high.

Quick Reply: New Member Question: What Do You Think About This Price for a New 2014?