2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Hoodscoop...Grille

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/08, 04:36 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is with these non-functioning hood scoops that only serve to create lift and drag?
Old 11/30/08, 05:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkCandy08GT
When is the last time you seen the eye Dr. dude?
People make fun of ricers and their tacky add ons , go figure. It looks like we are entering the rebirth of the early 70's stangs again.

Ever hear of SEMA?????????? The aftermarket industry is massive! Why shouldn't Ford have a piece of the pie? If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Judging by the huge aftermarket industry for Mustangs, there are people that will buy much tackier stuff than anything you see here. My point is the design of these parts ( hood scoop, trunk panel, stripes, etc. ) integrate nicely with the 2010 design, especially the hood scoop versus today's. It now actually works with a stripe- who would have thought????

You have a hood scoop, rear wing, and quarter window louvers on your car, which are also non-functional add-ons that many people find tacky. I really don't see a difference in your car other than your exercise of restraint. That was my other point- the accessories taken individually are just fine. When you throw the whole accessory line on one car, it looks jumbled and mismatched. It seems like they wanted to put at least one of every item from the Mustang Garage on this one car. That's the problem.

BTW, that's my definition of ricers- lack of taste. I have seen both crappy and well-done Civics, and crappy and well-done Mustangs. There are ricers of each. I saw a guy in a Legend Lime GT with neon tubes, washer nozzle lights, Buick fender louvers, green flames, a huge ricer wing, and the nastiest chrome 20" spinner wheels you ever saw. You need to know 1 ) what to add and 2) when to stop. But you need to deflect your anger to the chef and what ingredients they used together, not necessarily the ingredients themselves.
Old 12/1/08, 03:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TampaBear67

Oh and this Grill is Black, Black Chrome as opposed to the Chrome or Siver one posted further up. This car doesn't look too bad, until you look closely at the Fake Carbon Fiber decal stuck on the Hood, right in front of the Real Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop.

And how do you know that the hood scoop is real carbon fiber?
Old 12/1/08, 12:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mwilson7
And how do you know that the hood scoop is real carbon fiber?

The Same Way You Know It's Not I Suppose. I might be wrong, all I know is looking at it sitting on top of that OBVIOUSLY FAKE Carbon Fiber Stripe makes it Look like the Genuine Article to me. It looks as if it has the Depth and Gloss of a Clear Coat Over the Fiber Weave, the same as the Mirror Skull Caps and Rear Pedestal Spoiler.

Attached Thumbnails New Hoodscoop...Grille-faux-fiber.jpg   New Hoodscoop...Grille-faux-fiber-1.jpg  

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/1/08 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12/1/08, 12:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Nope, she's actually wearing cut off jeans, tall socks, and boots.
thats all I see in the picture also
Old 12/1/08, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

The Same Way You Know It's Not I Suppose. I might be wrong, all I know is looking at it sitting on top of that OBVIOUSLY FAKE Carbon Fiber Stripe makes it Look like the Genuine Article to me. It looks as if it has the Depth and Gloss of a Clear Coat Over the Fiber Weave, the same as the Mirror Skull Caps and Rear Pedestal Spoiler.

I was at the LA autoshow and saw the parts so that's how I know. I will admit that they really look like CF but definitely aren't.

I think that the rear spoiler looks GREAT on the car and would recommend that you wait until you see the parts on the car before making judgement. It seems that this car looks better in person vs. pictures.
Old 12/1/08, 02:39 PM
Cobra R Member

I stand corrected. mwilson7 You must admit that the contrast between the stripe and the scoop are rather obvious though. The Scoop, Skull Caps, and Spoiler Look like the Genuine Article. I Envy You being able to go to the LA Show. I would have loved to have been able to go.
Old 12/1/08, 04:05 PM

Am i the only one that wishes that they would have waited till 09 to buy a mustang I love this new grill(p-package)....love the new headlights & taillights as well(Might be a stupid question-Will they fit on a 06)

[/quote]
Old 12/1/08, 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

NOPE! Sorry the Only Thing the 2010 Shares with the 05-09's is the Roof Panel.
Old 12/1/08, 04:30 PM

NOPE! Sorry the Only Thing the 2010 Shares with the 05-09's is the Roof Panel.
well then that sucks....so do i have any takers that wanna buy me a bithday gift next year
Old 12/1/08, 05:25 PM
JRT
V6 Member

WOW, so many nice accessories!
Ford is taking over the aftermarket arena from the factory, is that an oxy-moron?
Where is the black plastic delete option, it would nice if they offered a body color kit to replace it?
Old 12/1/08, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't be so sure about that. Just about everyone who's said that has taken it back after seeing how it would look.