2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

New 5.0 owner, manual to auto convert...

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/11, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 5.0 owner, manual to auto convert...

Hey guys, ever since news of the 5.0 coming back Ive been lurking the forums and told myself I wasnt going to join until I got one. Well here I am! I just traded in my 04 Bmw 545i (6speed manual) for a new 2011 5.0. I was able to get the 1.9% financing and was blown away how great the dealership experience was at Sandy Springs Ford here in Atlanta.

Im a mustang guy, Ive had quite a few. First one was a 92 lx 5.0 then a 95gt, 92gt, 99gt, 94gt vert, 90lx, and 97 cobra. All modded one way or the other and of course all manuals. Then I went the Bmw route for awhile, 328i, 540i, and the recently traded 545i.

It feels good to be back in a stang and I never, ever thought I would be driving an automatic. But let me say this, this new auto is sweeeet! Could not be happier. After seeing the performance and all the issues cropping up with manuals it was a no brainer to me. If I were considering autocrossing the car I would have def got the manual. But at this point Im not into autocrossing or road racing a near 40k sticker car. Now I can putt around in traffic and not worry about rush hour all while knowing the auto is ready to take names when I want too. Speaking of taking names, I already yanked my buddies 2000 camaro ss 6 speed that has a tune, catback, and lid on the interstate over the weekend!

Life is good, Im back in a 5.0 and couldnt be happier....even if it is an 'auto' lol.
Old 6/8/11, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cmstang
...If I were considering autocrossing the car I would have def got the manual....
Hmmm... The dude leading the Atlanta Region in points for SCCA SOLO in E Street Prepared is driving a 2011 GT auto.

P.S. I'm the dude.

Welcome to the club. Hit me up if you want to go for a cruise up in North Georgia or want to ride-along at one of the autocross events.
Old 6/8/11, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys, ever since news of the 5.0 coming back Ive been lurking the forums and told myself I wasnt going to join until I got one. Well here I am! I just traded in my 04 Bmw 545i (6speed manual) for a new 2011 5.0. I was able to get the 1.9% financing and was blown away how great the dealership experience was at Sandy Springs Ford here in Atlanta.

Im a mustang guy, Ive had quite a few. First one was a 92 lx 5.0 then a 95gt, 92gt, 99gt, 94gt vert, 90lx, and 97 cobra. All modded one way or the other and of course all manuals. Then I went the Bmw route for awhile, 328i, 540i, and the recently traded 545i.

It feels good to be back in a stang and I never, ever thought I would be driving an automatic. But let me say this, this new auto is sweeeet! Could not be happier. After seeing the performance and all the issues cropping up with manuals it was a no brainer to me. If I were considering autocrossing the car I would have def got the manual. But at this point Im not into autocrossing or road racing a near 40k sticker car. Now I can putt around in traffic and not worry about rush hour all while knowing the auto is ready to take names when I want too. Speaking of taking names, I already yanked my buddies 2000 camaro ss 6 speed that has a tune, catback, and lid on the interstate over the weekend!

Life is good, Im back in a 5.0 and couldnt be happier....even if it is an 'auto' lol.
I'm waiting on my 2012 automatic 5.0. It's on a railcar headed my way. Can't wait.
Old 6/8/11, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
one recommendation, A tune... you will **** yourself once it is tuned.. I have bama tunes and the firmness of the shifts is just amazing now over the stock tune.. i can bark 3rd gear if i do a wot run..
Old 6/8/11, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by jsnyng
Hmmm... The dude leading the Atlanta Region in points for SCCA SOLO in E Street Prepared is driving a 2011 GT auto.

P.S. I'm the dude.

Welcome to the club. Hit me up if you want to go for a cruise up in North Georgia or want to ride-along at one of the autocross events.
Thats awesome. The auto decision just gets better and better lol. And to any of you stick guys reading this dont take offense bc I know what a stick brings to the table. Just nice for a change, with a capable auto!

I may take you up on that offer. I live in Buford so Im not far from the so called mountains haha. Thanks for the offer buddy
Old 6/8/11, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
I'm waiting on my 2012 automatic 5.0. It's on a railcar headed my way. Can't wait.
You're gonna love the auto
Old 6/8/11, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneGT
one recommendation, A tune... you will **** yourself once it is tuned.. I have bama tunes and the firmness of the shifts is just amazing now over the stock tune.. i can bark 3rd gear if i do a wot run..
Yes a CAI and tune will be the first mods. But Id like to get some miles on her first! Sitting at about 300 now lol. Everything Ive read, the CAI and tune just transforms these things. But for now Im enjoying my 'smooth' auto lol. That will change though...

I know its hot down there, I used to live in mandeville when I was younger, 100% humidity 100% of the time lol.
Old 6/8/11, 02:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats!! I love my auto 5.0. Please post up pics of it, @ least specifics.
Old 6/8/11, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Yes a CAI and tune will be the first mods. But Id like to get some miles on her first! Sitting at about 300 now lol. Everything Ive read, the CAI and tune just transforms these things. But for now Im enjoying my 'smooth' auto lol. That will change though...

I know its hot down there, I used to live in mandeville when I was younger, 100% humidity 100% of the time lol.
o yeah.. it just dropped from 97 degrees to 69.. and it looks like its about the hail...