2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New 2013 GT owner with questions!

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/12, 12:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hear Hear!! Great looking car Mike. I have the same except the Spoiler and color as well. This is like a mini BOSS for less like what was said before.
Old 8/31/12, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for a point of reference. This EXACT car: 300A with Track Pack and Recaro options would have a net X-Plan price of $30,867 including xplan, current $1500 rebates, and a Ford $750 brochure coupon. All of which i personally would qualify for. Thats a HELL of a car for that price. Mine would be black though with the spoiler. And thats exactly $15 grand cheaper than the net price of the Boss with recaros which would not qualify for xplan, rebates, or coupon. This car at this price would put out the most performance stock of ANY stock 2013 5.0s out there at any trim level including ones at 40k. It has 3.73 gears, brembos, even recaros. Amazing to me, truly, and it looks damned good to boot.

Last edited by SeattleStang; 8/31/12 at 01:41 PM.
Old 8/31/12, 06:13 PM
TMS Editor

Exactly - I got one helluva deal on this car and I know it. The best part - I can get the bolt-in suspension from the BOSS 302 from Ford Racing for $1399.00. Then presto... Budget BOSS with suspension install for under $35k... simply amazing.
Old 8/31/12, 07:02 PM

You can also buy the Boss quad exhaust setup for around $700 and simply bolt it in place of your stock H-pipe, giving it Boss 302 sound in addition to your handling upgrades.

I'll confess that I am a bit of Mopar guy myself, but when it comes to the current generation of pony cars that Mustang gets my vote. The Challenger is a nice car, but the Mustang gives you more go for your money. That and sequential tail lights. I freekin' love those sequential tail lights.
Old 8/31/12, 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

+1 on the sound tube delete, and the GT500 mufflers. See how you like the stock shifter after you miss your first wide open open throttle shift into 3rd gear... Doesn't happen to everyone, but there are many better shifters out there if it does.
Old 8/31/12, 08:10 PM
TMS Editor

Auto426... don't worry. I'm a MOPAR guy as well - these are my two "other" drivers. Actually, I just came out of a Magnum SRT8. The simple truth is that Dodge does not make anything that compare to the Mustang in anyway. The Challenger and Charger are simply too fat and heavy. Yes, the power is there with the 392, but that's it. That's why I went with the Mustang. It was simply too good not to buy.

As for the shifter... yeah - I'll most likely be replacing that after the break-in period.
Attached Images  
Old 8/31/12, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Car looks awesome! The wing delete looks great. With those options its like a mini boss
Old 8/31/12, 09:31 PM
V6 Member

The Mustang looks GREAT and thanks for the info.....
Old 9/1/12, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
Congrats Mike on a beautiful Mustang !

Mine is just about an identical twin, except for color and spoiler ... plus the few little things I've already done to it since I got it ... lol

A must-do mod: '11-'12 GT500 mufflers. Easy to install and a Bullitt-movie-Mustang soundtrack to die for !

I just got my 2013 GT 2 days ago and it is too quiet! I had Magnaflows on my 2010 4.6 and it sounded great. So yesterday I ordered a pair of GT500 mufflers. Can't wait to get them put on. I got them for a great price, $299 with free shipping and my local dealer will install for $60. (I have to bring the car to him anyway as it needs a NYS inspection, I bought in PA).

Next mod will be a shifter, not sure Barton or MGW.

Joe C.
Old 9/1/12, 04:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jocatch
I just got my 2013 GT 2 days ago and it is too quiet! I had Magnaflows on my 2010 4.6 and it sounded great. So yesterday I ordered a pair of GT500 mufflers. Can't wait to get them put on. I got them for a great price, $299 with free shipping and my local dealer will install for $60. (I have to bring the car to him anyway as it needs a NYS inspection, I bought in PA).

Joe C.
Sorry to hijack for a moment here, but where did you get the GT500's for $299 and free shipping? If somewhere is having a sale I need to jump on said sale haha.

Back to this thread all the rides look great!
Old 9/1/12, 04:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bandit79
Sorry to hijack for a moment here, but where did you get the GT500's for $299 and free shipping? If somewhere is having a sale I need to jump on said sale haha.

Back to this thread all the rides look great!
PM sent

Joe C
Old 9/1/12, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

MrAngry, I am pretty much an equal opportunity classic car guy, so I don't mind saying, your Chargers are BAMF
Old 9/1/12, 08:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Looks great, congrats! I wish the Recaros had been an option in 2012...
Old 9/1/12, 08:30 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MrAngry
Auto426... don't worry. I'm a MOPAR guy as well - these are my two "other" drivers. Actually, I just came out of a Magnum SRT8. The simple truth is that Dodge does not make anything that compare to the Mustang in anyway. The Challenger and Charger are simply too fat and heavy. Yes, the power is there with the 392, but that's it. That's why I went with the Mustang. It was simply too good not to buy.

Old 9/1/12, 09:49 PM

As for the shifter... yeah - I'll most likely be replacing that after the break-in period.
Now you done went and made me jealous over those two beauties.

I like pretty much all of the Detroit muscle from back in the 60's and 70's, but I like the Mopars just a tad bit more. I had considered buying a new Challenger as I like their retro looks, but after looking at the specs I realized that the new Mustang GT is nearly equivalent to the older SRT8 Challenger, and for a good deal less. The Mustang also has lots of features that I desire, and it seems that every day I find out it has something else that I just can't live without. I love the 2013 facelift they received, and the snarly high revving 5.0 just sealed the deal.
Old 10/30/13, 03:46 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jocatch

Joe C.
Did you get gt500 installed. Thinking of these for my new ride. Want the sound but not them over powering. Just want to see if these are what you expected vs. the magnaflows.
Old 10/30/13, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking car! Love the Recaros and good choice on getting the track pack. I rented the same color (in automatic) on vacation last year. Looks even better in person. Good luck with it!
Old 10/30/13, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll love the GT500's. They're not much different that stock cruising around in 6th gear but get the revs up and it sounds like a stock car. I drive the Pa turnpike home and I love rolling the window down and hammering it off the on ramp - the sound coming off the K rail is great. You also can't go wrong with the MGW shifter. Mine is just starting to loosen up now and there's no comparison to the stock shifter. My next upgrade is going to be the FR adjustable suspension kit. I already have the Track Pack so i gave Ford Racing a call and they said the improvement won't be as dramatic as upgrading from a stock suspension but there will be a noticeable improvement plus I can tune it the way I want it. I got my Premium for $34K and i'm slowly building a Boss with the exception of the engine internals. I'm a little sorry i didn't get the Recaro's but i wanted the heated leather seat and power adjustments. I guess I'm just spoiled. I figure after adding the Boss intake i'll still be under $40K where as I wouldn't have been able to touch a Boss for under $45 plus the only color they had around here was School Bus Yellow and i wanted Ruby Red.

Scott
Old 10/30/13, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you have awesome ride buddy!!
Old 10/31/13, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Wel, I have had the Gt500s on for a long time now and even though they are very nice, I wish they were a little bit louder. Also, they are not as depp sounding as some other Mustangs I have heard. If I were to do it again, I would go with something louder.

JC

Quick Reply: New 2013 GT owner with questions!