2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New 2013 GT owner with questions!

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/12, 08:46 PM
TMS Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2013 GT owner with questions! NEW PICS!

Hey guys -

Well after over two months of waiting my 2013 GT has finally arrived. The car is an ingot silver base GT with the track pack, spoiler delete and Recaro seats and that's it. Thus far I love it, however I haven't taken it above 4k yet. I do however have some questions.

1. Being a base GT means no track apps, however there is a setting when scrolling through the menus to adjust the steering settings, however when I try to adjust them via the manual it stays on the "STANDARD" setting. Are the adjustable steering settings for Premium models only?

2. Ambient light settings - again, is this only for Premium models.

I'm sure I'll be posting more questions in the future and wanted to say thank you in advance for any help and or advice that is given.

Cheers - Mike
Attached Thumbnails New 2013 GT owner with questions!-imag0618.jpg  

Last edited by MrAngry; 8/30/12 at 09:31 PM. Reason: More Info.
Old 8/29/12, 08:58 PM
V6 Member

Questions

Congrats on the new car! Beautiful!

I believe that you are correct in assuming that your questions are only for the premium model. I am guessing that it is a "one size fits all" kind of thing from Ford in that the setting screens all have the same options, whether or not you actually can change the settings.

Kind of like in some vehicles that have "caps" over the holes where the more premium models have actual buttons/switches.

I am just going off experience and what I have read, so I could be totally wrong.

Good luck with the new car!
Old 8/29/12, 09:09 PM
V6 Member

Yep, the following is standard on the Premium mustangs (V6 or GT)

"Four-gauge cluster with 4.2" LCD message Center, Track Apps and MyColor"
Old 8/29/12, 09:26 PM
V6 Member

Love love LOVE the spoiler delete. Great choice.
Old 8/29/12, 09:26 PM
GT Member

You can adjust the steering feeling, press reset to cycle between sport, comfort, and standard when you get to steering feel setting and see standard.

I haven't read my manual, but thats how you change the setting, if it doesn't work than you need to bring that to the dealers attention.

Last edited by Tapakegovagnaps; 8/29/12 at 09:31 PM.
Old 8/29/12, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Deadly car! Post some more pics!
Old 8/29/12, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MrAngry
when scrolling through the menus to adjust the steering settings, however when I try to adjust them via the manual it stays on the "STANDARD" setting. Are the adjustable steering settings for Premium models only?
Nope you can choose between the 3 settings. Changed it to Sport 1st day.
Old 8/29/12, 09:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have the Track Pack you can put the AdvanceTrak in Sport as well. It will lock the steering into Sport and turn the Traction Control off but leave the Stability control on so you get the most out of the LSD in the rear. You have to depress the brake and then hit the traction control button twice rapidly. You can even do it on the fly while you are driving. The brake light circuit has to be activated though. And take the two foam plugs out of the sound tube on the intake. You will want to get above 3K all the time though. The sound is addicting.Have fun.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 8/29/12 at 09:46 PM.
Old 8/29/12, 11:19 PM
TMS Editor

Awesome! Found out how to change it up - thanks so much gents and will post more pics tomorrow. Looking forward to contributing as much as I can in future posts.

Also, where are these two plugs you speak of? Any pics of this?

Cheers - Mike

Last edited by MrAngry; 8/29/12 at 11:21 PM.
Old 8/30/12, 05:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tapakegovagnaps
You can adjust the steering feeling, press reset to cycle between sport, comfort, and standard when you get to steering feel setting and see standard.
+1. I had to actually look at the manual to figure out how to change it. I have mine set to Sport, feels great.
Old 8/30/12, 05:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome! Found out how to change it up - thanks so much gents and will post more pics tomorrow. Looking forward to contributing as much as I can in future posts.

Also, where are these two plugs you speak of? Any pics of this?

Cheers - Mike
Here's a link from a thread here with a YouTube video that walks you through it. Piece of cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbJFl...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Bucko; 8/30/12 at 05:32 AM.
Old 8/30/12, 06:20 AM
GT Member

I'm not sure if you set it to sport if it resets when you turn the car on and off??? Haven't tested that...

Also if you have the sport advance track setting it will automatically go to sport steering and not allow you to change it so long as sport advance track is engaged...
Old 8/30/12, 07:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever you select manually will stay there until you go to Advance Trac Sport or change it to Sport.
Old 8/30/12, 07:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tapakegovagnaps
I'm not sure if you set it to sport if it resets when you turn the car on and off???.
No it doesn't. It stays on Sport.
Old 8/30/12, 08:00 AM
GT Member

Good to know
Old 8/30/12, 10:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice choice on color and spoiler delete. I chose the same for my 2011 GT. The Recaro seats weren't available then, unfortunately.
Old 8/30/12, 10:36 AM

Good looking car!! These base GT 5.0 track packs with recaros go down on my list as one of the greatest muscle car VALUES ever. I mean literally 100% of the power and abilities of GTs costing 7 grand more, and i would say 95% a boss 302 with the almost exact same interior and differential and gears for about 15 grand less.
Old 8/30/12, 09:22 PM
TMS Editor

Hey guys -

Finally took some more pics today. So far I absolutely love the car even though I've only put about 200 miles on it (breaking it in properly). Truth be told I'm an automotive journalist so I knew exactly what I was getting when I ordered this car (sans my original questions). My car is pretty simple - base GT, Track pack and Recaro's and as mentioned it IS the best value for your performance dollar, BAR NONE. I've been lucky enough to drive just about everything on the market in a performance setting so I feel confident saying that. My feeling is the less electronics, the less to eventually go wrong. I know everyone is into modding, but this car is going to stay bone stock.

Hope you like the pics.

Cheers - Mike
Attached Thumbnails New 2013 GT owner with questions!-front.jpg   New 2013 GT owner with questions!-right_1.jpg   New 2013 GT owner with questions!-interior.jpg   New 2013 GT owner with questions!-right_2.jpg   New 2013 GT owner with questions!-side.jpg  

Last edited by MrAngry; 8/30/12 at 09:27 PM.
Old 8/31/12, 12:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just cut myself, that car is so sharp, I love the spoiler delete. Congrats. But seriously, delete the sound tube too. http://www.cooltechllc.com/Boss/Boss_SPD_Kit.shtml (makes checking oil easier) and get some axleback exhaust. I think you could still pretend its bone stock.
Old 8/31/12, 07:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Hey guys -

Finally took some more pics today. So far I absolutely love the car even though I've only put about 200 miles on it (breaking it in properly). Truth be told I'm an automotive journalist so I knew exactly what I was getting when I ordered this car (sans my original questions). My car is pretty simple - base GT, Track pack and Recaro's and as mentioned it IS the best value for your performance dollar, BAR NONE. I've been lucky enough to drive just about everything on the market in a performance setting so I feel confident saying that. My feeling is the less electronics, the less to eventually go wrong. I know everyone is into modding, but this car is going to stay bone stock.

Hope you like the pics.

Cheers - Mike
Congrats Mike on a beautiful Mustang !

Mine is just about an identical twin, except for color and spoiler ... plus the few little things I've already done to it since I got it ... lol

A must-do mod: '11-'12 GT500 mufflers. Easy to install and a Bullitt-movie-Mustang soundtrack to die for !

Quick Reply: New 2013 GT owner with questions!