Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New '13 Brembo Rims Cleaning Question

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/12, 01:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
+1, do your wheels first. That way, as soon as you finish washing the paint, you can go to drying it.

To clean the wheels, I recommend the following:
-EZ Detail Brush
-Swissvax Wheel brush
-Microfiber cloth

These will get you around 99.9% of the cleaning on the wheels. Couple that with a bucket of soap and a good, pH balanced wheel cleaner and you'll have some clean shiny wheels.
I do wheels last because when you rinse the quarter panels all the water flows over the rims, I clean them last and drive away without drying them..

i love how brembo wheels dont show dirt like chrome does..
Old 4/20/12, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't think it was a problem to use that, but the owner manual had it in big bold letters not to use chrome cleaner on the "tires" in the section after the part that said to use it. At first I thought that meant just don't get it on the rubber compound. The next section though about the tire wash seemed to imply both tire and rims so was just a little confusing.

I wash the car about once a week, so I'll take the other recommendations just to use some tire and rim cleaning spray if needed. The "metal cleaner" I'll just keep around but not really use. Better safe than sorry, and the cleaning spray alone has great results no need to even risk it for something I can't tell if its even making a difference.
Old 4/21/12, 11:01 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I clean my car with a new sponge. But my tires and rims i clean with my wifes cars sponge.