Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Need some advice on 2011 purchase

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/10, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice on 2011 purchase

Just great, called Capone and my blank check expires tommorrow. I'm sure it's not that big of a deal to get re-approved but it just took them so long to verify my info in the first place, literally two weeks of them approving me to shop then requesting me to refax the same paystubs over and over again.

Called Ford CS and my GB GT/CS is still awaiting shipment but it was updated on Monday reading it was sent offsite to autoalliance, not what I was hoping to hear.

My Dealer is working on a possible dealer trade for a prem GB GT but I really don't want to ditch my order after waiting so long and I have a loaner car so i'm not worried about putting too many miles on my 85 5.0.

So, should I just contract now and just wait for my orginal order, pursue the dealer trade or ignore the impulse to make a rash decesion and re-apply for my loan accordingly.
Old 6/9/10, 11:08 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I say you wait. If you have your heart set on that GT/CS then wait. I know I'm not spending $35k to settle. But if you could take or leave the GT/CS package then buy the prem GT
Old 6/9/10, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I say you wait. If you have your heart set on that GT/CS then wait. I know I'm not spending $35k to settle. But if you could take or leave the GT/CS package then buy the prem GT
For the GT/CS l really like the wheels, front fascia and grill, not so sure about the carbon inserts or spolier.
I know for certain I won't compromise on the color though, it has to be Grabber Blue but Sterling Gray is not bad either.
Old 6/9/10, 11:23 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Brandon if the front fascia and grill is all you care about from the GT/CS package then definitely by the GT now! You can add all that stuff easily for under $500 (One member here dhmines has already done it). And the wheels you could find for pretty cheap on ebay once more cars start showing up
Old 6/9/10, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I mean I do the idea of a special edition, I was orginally hoping a gt350 would be priced between a GT and Gt500but it didn't work out. I think the black accents on the GT/CS especially in GB really look awesome, the only exterior mods I had planned for the GT/CS was widening the stock rear wheels and having them painted black.

I'm leaning to just contracting today for my GT/CS.
Old 6/9/10, 11:50 AM

I honestly don't really consider the GT/CS a "special edition" at this point. I think anymore it takes more then a bodykit and a couple of accents to make a true special edition. There's not really gonna be any extra value in the future for a GT/CS vs a car where you added the parts. That's just my take on things though, I think if you want a true special edition you should wait for a BOSS, GT500 or something that has more then just fluff.
Old 6/9/10, 11:50 AM
MOTM Committee Member

sounds like a good plan
Old 6/9/10, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs08GT
I honestly don't really consider the GT/CS a "special edition" at this point. I think anymore it takes more then a bodykit and a couple of accents to make a true special edition. There's not really gonna be any extra value in the future for a GT/CS vs a car where you added the parts. That's just my take on things though, I think if you want a true special edition you should wait for a BOSS, GT500 or something that has more then just fluff.
Yea but the Bullet and Shelby GT were also mostly appearance with only slight hp gains. I don't think the Gt/Cs is a major special edition thats why I could live without it but I do like the package and besides the engine its the only really "new" addition over the 2010.
Old 6/9/10, 12:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by super6stang
Yea but the Bullet and Shelby GT were also mostly appearance with only slight hp gains. I don't think the Gt/Cs is a major special edition thats why I could live without it but I do like the package and besides the engine its the only really "new" addition over the 2010.
Yes, but unlike the Bullitt or Shelby, the GT/CS is not plaqued specially in the car with a build number or special edition moniker with all the car information. That's what sets those editions apart besides the add ons and specialy made name plates on the car.
Old 6/9/10, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

If it were me and you do still want what you ordered, I would hold out for that.

Plus people who are test driving these cars are getting on them pretty rough. So if that dealer has been letting people test drive it then The dealer I chose not to buy from told me he did burnouts in the only GT they have and then tried to sell it to me
Old 6/9/10, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by csledd
If it were me and you do still want what you ordered, I would hold out for that.

Plus people who are test driving these cars are getting on them pretty rough. So if that dealer has been letting people test drive it then The dealer I chose not to buy from told me he did burnouts in the only GT they have and then tried to sell it to me
You can write that again! I test drove two GT's pretty hard myself, floored them before the engine temp was even warm.

Last edited by super6stang; 6/9/10 at 12:50 PM. Reason: missed a word
Old 6/9/10, 12:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Yes, but unlike the Bullitt or Shelby, the GT/CS is not plaqued specially in the car with a build number or special edition moniker with all the car information. That's what sets those editions apart besides the add ons and specialy made name plates on the car.
“We did the Bullitt, we did a Mach 1, we did the C/S. I can’t tell you what the next special edition Mustang will be, but I can give you a hint.”

Mark Fields

I like the GT/CS as is, the regular GT could use a few mods but I can have the GT now but would have to wait for the GT/CS. That's my issue not if the GT/CS is a special edition.
Old 6/9/10, 12:48 PM
GT Member

This is the reason I order my cars- nobody is going to beat on them except me.

I test drive cars whenever possible, but never have I ever come close to beating on one. I will
drive it to "get the feel" of it somewhat, but don't think it's right to abuse what will be someone else's car ( unless of course I have permission) !
Old 6/9/10, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Update

Well, I bit the bullet and contracted for my GT/CS with 1day left on my loan, got $1250 in rebates at 500 over invoice, hope this car arrives before my first payment.