2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

MyColor- any way to activate it during the daytime?

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/13, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MyColor- any way to activate it during the daytime?

It may be a bit gimmicky, but being able to change the colors of the gauges is pretty cool IMO. However, I notice during the daytime you cannot get the gauges to be any other color than the ice blue (even if you turn on the marker lights).

Is there any way to "trick" the system into allowing you to change the color during the daytime? I'm thinking perhaps if I covered the light sensor... Would there be any unintended side effects to doing that?

If there is a way to activate the MyColor during the daytime, I missed it when I red the manual.

While we're on the subject of gauges, why didn't Ford put the speedo on the RIGHT side and the tach on the left? In a manual, you're usually going to hold the wheel with your left hand (which puts your arm right in front of the speedo)...
Old 6/11/13, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i look at the tach just as much as speedometer if not more.
Old 6/11/13, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by erouch
i look at the tach just as much as speedometer if not more.
+1 i rarely find myself looking at the speedo mainly at the tach.
Old 6/11/13, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
It may be a bit gimmicky, but being able to change the colors of the gauges is pretty cool IMO. However, I notice during the daytime you cannot get the gauges to be any other color than the ice blue (even if you turn on the marker lights).

Is there any way to "trick" the system into allowing you to change the color during the daytime? I'm thinking perhaps if I covered the light sensor... Would there be any unintended side effects to doing that?

If there is a way to activate the MyColor during the daytime, I missed it when I red the manual.

While we're on the subject of gauges, why didn't Ford put the speedo on the RIGHT side and the tach on the left? In a manual, you're usually going to hold the wheel with your left hand (which puts your arm right in front of the speedo)...
Cover the sun sensor. It will make the car think its dark/night out and activate the MyColor gauges. Well mine does anyway.

Matthew
Old 6/11/13, 10:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Varilux

I agree with you Varilux! I was wondering the same thing! Why would Ford put the spedo on the right? It's really hard to see, especially at 55mph..... I don't look at the tach much, I just listen for my shift points. If I am gassing on it THAT MUCH I'm NOT looking at the tach! lol
Old 6/12/13, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I actually wish there was a way to get the bright white lights on during night. MyColor is literally half the intensity
Old 6/12/13, 08:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks like they should install an option to toggle MyColor on or off during day night...

As for the Tach, it looks like opinions vary there as well. Happily enough, 2,000 RPM puts me just a tick above 60 in 6th, so its relatively easy to figure out how much I'm exceeding the speed limit without moving my arm.
Old 6/12/13, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rando
I actually wish there was a way to get the bright white lights on during night. MyColor is literally half the intensity
This. White is my preferred color, and SO much darker than blue.
Old 6/12/13, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
This. White is my preferred color, and SO much darker than blue.
Yup. Never understood that.

Matthew