Is it my throttle body???? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

2010-2014 Mustang News on the Previous Generation Mustang
Sponsored by: CARiD

Is it my throttle body????

Old 11/13/17, 08:57 AM   #1

Is it my throttle body????

Ok, so I bought a 2014 Mustang in September, has 34k miles. (Manual transmission)
Started noticing the rpms dropping during idle a couple weeks ago then Thursday, while shifting between 2nd and 3rd gears, the rpms jumped up to 7000! I shut it down and restarted, went straight back to 7000rpm.
I had it towed to the Ford dealer I bought it from (bought the best warranty I could) They couldn't get it to duplicate the problem but said the throttle body was dirty so they cleaned it.
Drove about 400 miles over the weekend (mostly interstate going about 80mph) and noticed last night that the idle rpms were dropping again but it's not done it yet this morning.
It hasn't thrown a single code during any of this either.
Thanks for reading and for any insight you may have.
stoml003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 11/14/17, 06:56 AM   #2
Bullitt Member

So the first comes in mind is a software issue. The RPM acting up like that could be tune related. Any chance the previous owner loaded aftermarket tunes.

Not very knowledgeable in regards but what I understand is they change parameters. Maybe it was not done properly. How about try and have dealership check, reset back to default under extended warranty?
PonyMuscletang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/17, 10:44 AM   #3

tunes

Yeah, it had a tuner control in the glove box when I bought it and the company said that it had had 2 tunes put on it. I don't know which tune it is currently set to or even whatever of them do. Starting to wish I had just bought a new one instead.
stoml003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/17, 01:15 PM   #4
Shelby GT500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoml003 View Post
Yeah, it had a tuner control in the glove box when I bought it and the company said that it had had 2 tunes put on it. I don't know which tune it is currently set to or even whatever of them do. Starting to wish I had just bought a new one instead.
What kind of tuner control is it? If it is a SCT, you can 'return to stock' and see if that works. Unless you have a lot of modifications and you can't run the factory tune
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote