2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My only complaint about the 2011 5.0 is...

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/10, 09:02 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danimal15
My only issue so far is the skip shift. I've had it occur several times in the first week of owning the car. I'm getting better now at avoiding it, but I wish it could be disabled.
It can be disabled with a tune.

I noticed my brother's '07 GT wheel is scratched up pretty good from his watches.
Old 9/16/10, 09:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danimal15
My only issue so far is the skip shift. I've had it occur several times in the first week of owning the car. I'm getting better now at avoiding it, but I wish it could be disabled.
Skip shift can be kind of annoying but after some time with the car you know when to expect it and how to get around it. For now I am living with it but eventually I'll just tune it out.
Old 9/16/10, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

My radio screen (no Electronics Pkg) is already scratched from someone who decided to wipe it off. Ford really needs to fix that. That screen can scratch just by looking at it too hard.
Old 9/16/10, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

It's funny, no matter how much you love your new car, it's not until you're in it a week that you find you miss aspects of your old one:
1. Bottle holders/storage in the doors
2. Locking glove box (at least armrest locks)
3. Stereo sound quality
4. Seats (wish the back rest was power too)

Wow... If that's ALL I have to complain about.... Not bad!
Old 9/16/10, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
My biggest issue is the lack of storage.
Absolutely. A friend of mine has a Mazda 3 and you can fit a 12-pack in the glove box. The door pockets are a joke!
Old 9/16/10, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the steering is pretty much perfect. The door pockets are indeed too small. I can't even put the case for my sunglasses in the door pocket. I'm happy with the center console storage BUT they could have put a light in it when the door is open. Glove box, too. The USB jack should have been moved to the side so that your flash drive isn't sticking out into the middle of the storage space.

I also think it might have been better if the shifter were a couple inches to the left, and the parking brake lever were on the right side of the console, instead of the left. No car is perfect, though. It's still a big leap ahead over the Mustang interiors of yore.
Old 9/16/10, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Skip shift can be kind of annoying but after some time with the car you know when to expect it and how to get around it. For now I am living with it but eventually I'll just tune it out.
I assume it has to be tuned out by someone other than Ford. So if they screw up, or if the transmission doesn't work after they do the fix, it won't be covered by warranty. That's my concern.
Old 9/16/10, 06:49 PM
V6 Member

the Ford performance tune disables skip shift. It's just an expensive tune compared to an SCT tune which can also disable it.
Old 9/16/10, 06:52 PM
Cobra R Member

This is a 2010+ issue.
Old 9/16/10, 07:57 PM

The wheel works fine for me at 9-3... only my thumbs end up touching the aluminum part.
Agreed. I'm having trouble picturing how you'd have to hold the steering wheel if your wedding band scratches it, unless you wear it on your thumb....
Old 9/16/10, 08:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
The wheel is beautiful though. I don't mind taking my jewelry off
Do you remove your waist chain and tongue piercing as well Jason ! Having no isuues with steering wheel since i'm not wearing any jewelry at all. Liberace would've had a hard time driving our 'Stangs.

Old 9/16/10, 09:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'd just get rid of the wife. More money for mods.
That's what I did with my '06.
In less than 3 years, I had enough money to buy a 2nd Mustang and start modding that too.
Old 9/18/10, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Paul_C
Agreed. I'm having trouble picturing how you'd have to hold the steering wheel if your wedding band scratches it, unless you wear it on your thumb....
After I posted that, I drove the car and saw where the band could hit. The silver part wraps around a bit so there's maybe a half inch of area that you might scratch on the sides of the wheel where the plastic wraps around.
Old 9/18/10, 10:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csledd
and the climate control button lights. Why does it all have to be ice blue damnit
?? Is this new on the '11? Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but all I see on the whole front stack on my '10 premium/no nav is that green. Which I would love to be able to change with My Color.
Old 9/18/10, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

My only complaint is I don't have one.
Old 9/18/10, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

My complaints..

1. Cup holder between seats.. I have a habit of resting my arm there and i keep opening it.. It just feels weird..

2. Tilt Wheel lever... Located right where my kneecap is at.. I forget about it sometimes and raise my right leg and OUCH!!

3. No place for sunglasses.. Not that I know of anyway.. looking for some sort of clip to mount on visor..

Pretty much it... I honestly only noticed the skip shift for the first couple of days and now It rarely comes on.. I think it adjusts to your driving habits who knows. No gripes on steering wheel other than how hot those little aluminum pieces on it get in the summertime and you get in and they are hot as h3ll at first....
Old 9/18/10, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
?? Is this new on the '11? Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but all I see on the whole front stack on my '10 premium/no nav is that green. Which I would love to be able to change with My Color.

Mine are blue. Quite nice actually..
Old 9/18/10, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 28.
Mine are blue. Quite nice actually..
That's fine if you like the color. But how stupid of Ford to allow you to change illumination color only for a portion of the dash. I prefer red illumination because it doesn't affect night vision so much but having part of the dash one color while the rest is another just looks stupid.
Old 9/18/10, 02:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
That's fine if you like the color. But how stupid of Ford to allow you to change illumination color only for a portion of the dash. I prefer red illumination because it doesn't affect night vision so much but having part of the dash one color while the rest is another just looks stupid.
Different vendors probably made the different parts of the dash, and no one integrated that feature. I like the ice blue, but I sympathize with those who don't. Then again in the old days we just took whatever we were given and couldn't change anything.
Old 9/18/10, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangFreak
My only complaint is I don't have one.
This. Although I am ordering in Jan and getting a 2012. Is it 2011 yet?

Quick Reply: My only complaint about the 2011 5.0 is...