2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My new ride... '14 GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/13, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My new ride... '14 GT

I took delivery of my factory ordered GT on Tuesday (only took 40 days from order to delivery, but it felt like eternity )! My son had the chance to watch the service department peel the plastic and prep the car for delivery- which he enjoyed immensely. I ordered every package available, plus the glass roof... I think the only options I left unchecked were the Recaros (looked awesome but the wife wanted heated seats and I wanted a red interior), the Shaker 1000 (loving the sound of the "base" Shaker system), and the rear sensor/security system (ordered the rear camera instead).

So far, its probably the most "complete" car I've ever driven- everything just feels effortless. The Sterling Gray is still growing on me, as is the 3.73 rear (I'm still trying to figure out how to perfect the launch through 1st gear)- but overall what's not to love (suspension is amazing, glass roof just really opens up the car, and the SYNC system and ambient lighting are too cool).

Now, if I can just get the feel for launching in 1st and figure out how to load some custom pics into the nav screen... Oh, and figure out if I want to add stripes (and if so, in flat black or metallic silver)!
Attached Thumbnails My new ride... '14 GT-mustangext-800.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-mustint-800.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-mustroof-800.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-mustmust-800.jpg  
Old 5/23/13, 04:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real nice ride, and loving the color.

I have 3,73's as well and rarely use first gear. I prefer launching in second.

As far as stripes are concerned, i've seen some really nice SG Shelby's with the matte black stripes. But to each their own. Do some research and get what you like most.
Old 5/23/13, 04:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 213 Likes on 146 Posts
that's really nice! Love the red seats.
Old 5/23/13, 05:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great. Congrats.
Old 5/23/13, 05:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats!!! It would have been a great feeling to check all the box.....wish I did that....
Old 5/23/13, 05:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shiazv@gmail.com
Congrats!!! It would have been a great feeling to check all the box.....wish I did that....
Actually check them all except AUTOMATIC ... I did the same.
Old 5/23/13, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice!
Old 5/23/13, 06:08 PM

Nice looking ride! The red works well.
Great color too
Old 5/23/13, 07:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't do the matte stripes, nothing ruins a nice shiny car more than to have a big gob of flat color running down the middle. IMO of course.
Old 5/23/13, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't do the matte stripes, nothing ruins a nice shiny car more than to have a big gob of flat color running down the middle. IMO of course.

My main concern with the matte stripes would be not being able to get wax on them. I already have the matte black overlays for the heat extractors- giving myself some time to think about it (or I can remove the extractors and plasti-dip them). Speaking of wax, I'm assuming they don't wax the car from the factory- do I need to wait any length of time before laying down a coat?

The Sterling Gray has a ton of metal flake in it, which does make me lean towards choosing a medium silver metallic stripe (close enough color to be subtle- but there).

For now, I'm giving myself some time to get used to the factory appearance before doing anything. The foglights are tough looking with the LEDs in the corners (is it just me, or do those LEDs give the appearance of the corner insets on the '70 Boss?).

The Sirius radio is pretty cool- I might just have to renew the membership before my 6 months expire!
Old 5/23/13, 10:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats! She's a beaut! I hear ya on the glass roof. My car is a sunny day car so I didn't need the heated seats and I went with the Recaros. Love the 3.73's - lots of pull in every gear. I'm not a stripe guy - at least not on the newer cars - but I love them on my '66.

Enjoy!
Old 5/23/13, 10:19 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
[COLOR=blue]

The Sirius radio is pretty cool- I might just have to renew the membership before my 6 months expire!
They'll call you trying to sell you on renewing the subscription before the 6 months are up.

Don't let them talk you into paying their normal full price. If you act like you might just let it expire they will start coming down on the price. Have heard of people getting a full year for like $70 compared to like $170 that they normally get for a year.
Old 5/24/13, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the advice on the Sirius- sounds like playing a little hardball can save some $$$.

These are the only stripes I have on my '65. If I had ordered the Ingot Silver, I would just install matching red rocker stripes and call it a day. Unfortunately, Ford doesn't make a silver that matched Silver Smoke (Sterling is much darker, and Ingot is quite a bit lighter).
Attached Thumbnails My new ride... '14 GT-must-door.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-must-qtr04.jpg  

Last edited by Varilux; 5/24/13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 5/24/13, 10:30 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the advice on the Sirius- sounds like playing a little hardball can save some $$$.

These are the only stripes I have on my '65. If I had ordered the Ingot Silver, I would just install matching red rocker stripes and call it a day. Unfortunately, Ford doesn't make a silver that matched Silver Smoke (Sterling is much darker, and Ingot is quite a bit lighter).

I let my sirius expire, got a letter yesterday 6 months for 24.99 - I signed up but will not renew... I think I can keep playing that game.
Old 5/24/13, 10:44 AM

I got a year for $84. My dad has gotten that deal for 3years so far just threaten to cancel
Old 5/24/13, 11:31 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

is it just me, or do those LEDs give the appearance of the corner insets on the '70 Boss?
Not just the Boss........all '70 Mustangs had them. It's a superb signature lighting element on the current cars, and I'd love to see them keep this for the '15MY and beyond.

As for your new ride? Gorgeous! Please post more photos of the two of them together. They make great bedfellow!
Old 5/24/13, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Not just the Boss........all '70 Mustangs had them. It's a superb signature lighting element on the current cars, and I'd love to see them keep this for the '15MY and beyond.

As for your new ride? Gorgeous! Please post more photos of the two of them together. They make great bedfellow!
This styling cue is exactly why I fell in love with the '13 refresh.
Old 5/24/13, 12:50 PM

Sick ride... Both of them!
Old 5/24/13, 03:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
That's a beauty.
Old 5/24/13, 07:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Xar
I let my sirius expire, got a letter yesterday 6 months for 24.99 - I signed up but will not renew... I think I can keep playing that game.
Sirius has been hounding me to subscribe for 6 years now. I get mailers at least monthly. The '07 GT came with the normal 6-month trial, I let it expire and they continued to mail me. The '11 Ranger worked for only a month because, the dealership turned it on 5 months prior to sale. The new '14 has not been turned on, in compliancee with my delivery instructions. I expect Sirius will persist in sending me mailers and they'll continue to be ripped in half and trashed.

Quick Reply: My new ride... '14 GT