2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

This is my favorite Mustang purchase

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/11 | 10:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Thumbs up This is my favorite Mustang purchase

BANGuard Wall Vehicle Door Protectors. $34 for the pair. You don't actually need two, since they're pretty long you could just cut one in half. Although, it's kind of nice that they're longer so you can back the car up a couple feet and still have coverage. Demo video. They are a lifesaver.
Attached Thumbnails This is my favorite Mustang purchase-doorguards.jpg  

Last edited by Adam; 7/5/11 at 10:36 PM.
Old 7/5/11 | 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Adam
BANGuard Wall Vehicle Door Protectors. $34 for the pair. You don't actually need two, since they're so long you can just cut one in half. Demo video. They are a lifesaver.
I have been looking for something exactly like this! Thanks posting!
Old 7/6/11 | 01:03 AM

Thanks for posting.

That is nice and something to consider

My garage houses two cars, but with the Mustang being a coupe and a pretty wide vehicle, I usually have to contort myself to get in and out. This will just make it easier and less "risky"

It's also nice that they didn't overprice it for what it actually is (not its function, but its material)
Old 7/6/11 | 05:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, my garage is a "two car garage" that will fit two cars fine if I don't need to open the doors. I only have the Mustang in the garage now but I'm trying desperately to reorg the garage so that I can fit two cars in there.
Old 7/6/11 | 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
Yeah, my garage is a "two car garage" that will fit two cars fine if I don't need to open the doors.
I hear you. My wife pulls her Durango in head first and pulls up close to the right side, letting any passengers out first. I back the Mustang in, close to it's right side, again after shedding any passenger. That way both driver's doors can be opened without hitting the other car or a wall.
Old 7/6/11 | 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like a great product to protect the Stang.
Contractors build small garages to keep the price down and compete in a tough market. We hate them every day we live in the house. Luckily my 2-stall has 9' doors that are 2' apart and plenty of room on the side.
I'm going to build another 3.5 stall later this summer. It will be a 20' double door, 10' single with 2' between them, and plenty of room on both sides. Will cost a little more, but I'm living in this house for quite a while, so I'm building it right. Contractor said he's never been chewed out for building too big of a garage!
Old 7/6/11 | 11:24 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by RandyW
I hear you. My wife pulls her Durango in head first and pulls up close to the right side, letting any passengers out first. I back the Mustang in, close to it's right side, again after shedding any passenger. That way both driver's doors can be opened without hitting the other car or a wall.
Thats what we do as well. my garage is wide enough or her mazda cx7 is thin enough to let passengers in and out while inside the garage but the mustang backed in only can open the drivers door.
Old 7/6/11 | 02:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
Same situation & procedures here. I just need something (plastic clip?) on the edge of my Mustang's driver's side door so I don't ding up the tender sheetmetal of my wife's Odyssey's door.
Old 7/6/11 | 06:02 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I made a similar device on my own (using dryer lint and masking tape lol). This looks much better but my solution was free.

Ever since I dinged my door opening it in the garage I couldn't take the risk. Thanks for sharing