2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Mustang vs camaro

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/11, 11:32 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only area where the Camro is better than the Mustang IMO is in the colors offered. I absolutely love their Red Jewel color - so much better than our Red Candy. They also have a green and gray. I wish Ford would freshen up the Mustang color palette.
Old 4/27/11, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The 2013 GT will have 1,112 hp and titty pink and nipple brown. Take that back to Camaro5.

Here's a good quote from Camaro5.

One last note we talked about the group here and how we all help each other out and love the car, he liked that and he said, and his opinion of course, not only do alot of Mustang people hate Camaro's and Chally's but worse they hate each other more! Always out to get each other or race all the time but I guess not in a good way, been seeing that since the 80's
Old 4/27/11, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Lol... yall ran the poor man off I hope he comes back so he can know the truth
Old 4/27/11, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new camaro is a great looking car, outside that is. It's got a great motor and no doubt it's one of the reasons the mustang will continue to improve. Competition is good for the consumer.

Beyond this, I get more thumbs ups from Camaro drivers than from from Stangers. Ultimately I'm a fan of ALL AMERICAN MUSCLE/PONY CARS. No doubt in my mind that the Mustang is the best of the breed today. I've been driving mustangs most all of my life, but only a dope wouldn't acknowledge that the other guys are improving their products and that is good for all of us.
Old 4/27/11, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't know how many they sold due to the transformers movie, but for me, all I can see is bumblebee and I'm not driving around in bumblebee.
Attached Images  
Old 4/27/11, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I don't know how many they sold due to the transformers movie, but for me, all I can see is bumblebee and I'm not driving around in bumblebee.
That what we are all thinking. Its really funny how almost every camaro you see is transformers yellow
Old 4/27/11, 07:54 PM
V6 Member

Camaros are built in Canada. That is reason enough not to buy one or accept a free one.

I'm from Detroit area and the mustang is made right down the road from me. My engine was manufactured in Romeo, hometown of my wife. For me, the mustang isn't just a pony car, it's Detroit muscle! It's heritage! In a struggling economy especially here in Michigan, I really enjoy cruising around in such a great machine made right here at home!!!
Old 4/27/11, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I like buying American, when we can be the best, but with as much potential as we have, if we are not the best at auto manufacturing, I really do not feel that we deserve to sell the car at all. It is a shame that Japan and other countries had to act as such stiff competition. If Canada can build a much better car, then they deserve the sales. They did not though and the Mustang proves that American design still wins (Even though a good portion of the car is not from this country). I hope the next Camaro actually can really compete with the Mustang. Competition forces everyone to step up their game.
Old 4/27/11, 08:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
Camaros are built in Canada. That is reason enough not to buy one or accept a free one.

I'm from Detroit area and the mustang is made right down the road from me. My engine was manufactured in Romeo, hometown of my wife. For me, the mustang isn't just a pony car, it's Detroit muscle! It's heritage! In a struggling economy especially here in Michigan, I really enjoy cruising around in such a great machine made right here at home!!!

Where's the LOSER emoticon? Saying you wouldn't buy or accept a free car because it's built in Canada is such an ignorant thing to say.
Old 4/27/11, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

LOL Guess where the best part of the mustang (Coyote) is built, eh?
Old 4/27/11, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Canada doesn't even count as a foreign country, unless you're John Candy and Rita Perlman.

The camaro might make slightly more power, but it is still a fat, ugly, cartoonish claustrophobic pig.
Old 4/27/11, 09:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Jott

LOL Guess where the best part of the mustang (Coyote) is built, eh?
He thinks Romeo
Old 4/27/11, 10:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
He thinks Romeo
This
Old 4/28/11, 03:45 AM
V6 Member

I have a 5.4 liter......which is built in Romeo.

Since when did wanting to buy american and support my state and country become ignorant??? Perhaps the word u meant to write was PATRIOTIC.

Last edited by 2012 Black 5.0; 4/28/11 at 04:55 AM.
Old 4/28/11, 07:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I love the Camaro, I'm crazy about the Challenger...

...but the Mustang spanked them both.

Next generation, I'll give each of them another shot at my wallet but I suspect that the design priorities of the Mustang will continue result in the car I like the best.

Aside from skyrocketing gas prices, it's a great time to be a Muscle Car fan. Not quite 1969 but things are much better than I ever dared to hope for.
Old 4/28/11, 07:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Since when did wanting to buy american and support my state and country become ignorant??? Perhaps the word u meant to write was PATRIOTIC.
Well said.
Old 4/28/11, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Here's a good quote from Camaro5.

One last note we talked about the group here and how we all help each other out and love the car, he liked that and he said, and his opinion of course, not only do alot of Mustang people hate Camaro's and Chally's but worse they hate each other more! Always out to get each other or race all the time but I guess not in a good way, been seeing that since the 80's
I don't think there's any more in-camp fighting for Mustang than there is for Camaro. Some Camaro people will tear you apart if you don't have a V8 just as fast as some Mustang guys will. Which is beyond stupid, no matter which camp you're in.

As far as wanting to race each other all the time... I thought that's just cause we enjoy seeing what these cars can do and in action. :P

Last edited by Rjaniz; 4/28/11 at 07:54 AM.
Old 4/28/11, 12:19 PM
GT Member

Nope, ignorant is definitely the correct word.
Old 4/28/11, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd say not sending your money over seas to buy an overpriced sedan is about as Americana as you can get, it's about keeping what little manufacturing we have left in this withering economy. I live in Minnesota and I drive a ranger as well because it's made here I know it's not the best small truck but I like it

Last edited by hahnsolo78; 4/28/11 at 12:39 PM.
Old 4/28/11, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Rjaniz
I don't think there's any more in-camp fighting for Mustang than there is for Camaro. Some Camaro people will tear you apart if you don't have a V8 just as fast as some Mustang guys will. Which is beyond stupid, no matter which camp you're in.

As far as wanting to race each other all the time... I thought that's just cause we enjoy seeing what these cars can do and in action. :P
The Camaro5 guys need to look in the mirror sometimes.

Quick Reply: Mustang vs camaro