2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MORE TROUBLING NEWS: 2011 GT500 & ALL V-8s

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 11:51 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im in line with the rest of you guys, how long, time will tell. You know i would rather be inline waiting for a car that is better then the other pony cars out there. I come from a long line of Camaro ownership. I hunted down Mustangs in my younger days with my IROC 5.7, and LT1. The Camaro i looked at buying in December in town, is still there. I see it most days as i head off to work. I really thought i would buy the SS, and keep the line of ownership going. But for some reason, i went to the Ford dealer in Kalamazoo, and looked at the Mustangs that were on the lot. I said wow, the inside is really nice! Also all the press on the 2010s being a better car in the handling department, got me thinking. Do i dare buy a Mustang, hmmmm, you bet. The new Mustang may not be perfect, but i have seen problems with BMWs too. So here i am in line waiting to get my new toy. Hoplefully soon Lol Ron.
PS dont flame me too much for hunting Mustangs in my younger days.
Old 5/21/10, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WarpdSpazm
Chase is a big pain even to their employees.
I mentioned in my earlier post that the dealer can run the deal once they have the certificate of origin. They usually get one soon after your car is built. So, if you are willing to make a leap of faith, you can sign the paperwork and close the deal before you actually take delivery. I'm sure your dealer won't mind, since it "seals the deal" for them. The question is whether you are willing to do it.
Old 5/21/10, 12:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Go to Google's home page for the next 48 hours to relieve some of the wait time with a good game of Pacman!
I already wasted 30 minutes on that... LOL!

Today is the BEST DAY EVER! Thanks, Google. Of course, I feel old now.
Old 5/21/10, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
I mentioned in my earlier post that the dealer can run the deal once they have the certificate of origin. They usually get one soon after your car is built. So, if you are willing to make a leap of faith, you can sign the paperwork and close the deal before you actually take delivery. I'm sure your dealer won't mind, since it "seals the deal" for them. The question is whether you are willing to do it.
Yeah, meant to respond to that sooner... I'm not looking to begin paying for a car I don't have yet... Also, on the slim chance something drastic changes between now and the day it shows up (employment, trade-in value drops huge, etc...), I like the idea of being able to walk away...

Besides, the wife would put my little friend in the blender on liquify if I pulled a stunt like that.
Old 5/21/10, 12:30 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

And Jason I suggested the "wahhhh my car is late" section first!

Old 5/21/10, 12:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 03reptile
Gad! Sorry I started all this sniping and discontent! I was only trying to keep you guys abreast of what I felt was some accurate information provided by the trucking company responsible for my car's delivery. Also, this info has since been reaffirmed by a respected Ford salesman on the TS site. I look at this thread as a vehicle for " psychological venting " over our ordered cars. I trust most of our wives or signifigant others are about ready to get a "contract" on us because of the obsessing. I know mine is!! Thus, this thread provides an avenue to "let off steam". Its natural for us to ***** to each other about our collective frustration and this specific thread provides that outlet. It is a stress reliever, when no one else wants to listen or cares. For those complaining about our lamintations, I would respectfully suggest you not click on this specific thread, therefore, avoiding the aggravation of our collective moaning and groaning. Hope we all get our cars sooner than expected!
Please keep posting this kind of information and just ignore the asshats that can't seem to resist trolling every delivery thread.
Old 5/21/10, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Not only does my dealer NOT have my car yet, they don't even have any brochures yet.

I searched for a "The sky is falling, no dealer brochures" thread, so please don't flame me!
Old 5/21/10, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Not a solution as long as new members continue to join and continue to post their own, "where's my car" thread. Perhaps a section specifically for pending orders so that way you can just ignore it.

A proposal that satisfies you is not necessarily a solution. A solution is something that fixes something that's broken for everyone.

I'm sorry you feel so many posts are "useless banter". I truly hope you don't listen to the news, talk radio, have friends, colleagues or family. I understand useless banter occurs among all of these groups from time to time.
This.
Old 5/21/10, 01:26 PM
GT Member

Mustang

I guess I can live with my POS car that I have driven for 5yrs for somemore time -sigh- Hopefully the last car payment I made was today on my pos; and not next month or the month after, it's been built; god only knows where it's at
Old 5/21/10, 02:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 03reptile
Well,..... more crappy news. I'm going to provide this information for the benefit of those of us with ordered 2011 GT500s and Mustang GTs, as any information is better than nothing. I called Ford Customer Service just a few minutes ago and was told that my Shelby is to be transported by United Road Service and loaded today with an ETA of 05/28/2010 at my dealer. Was told last Monday, by the dealer, that it would arrive today. OK..... another week, what's new, right? Decided to call the trucking company to verify this info, and after going through several layers of administration, I spoke to a rep. who had my VIN and destination, so I know I'm in the right ball-park. Here's the kicker. She advised the car is still at AAI and there was a hold put on all V-8 Mustangs and GT500s as of 05/17/2010!! Of course she does not know why, but definitively said my car is part of that group and will not be loaded on a truck until the hold is lifted by AAI. I do not mean to stir everyone up again, but this is bordering on the insane. Released, then held, released..... Misinformation is flying around Ford like a flock of magpies!! Everyone you call gives a different answer. I'm at the point where if God gave me an ETA I'd say, "Are you sure ?" I apologize for being the bearer of this news, and maybe the URS rep. is wrong, but giving me the 5/17/2010 hold date scares me. Bottom line? Who knows. We're all in the holding pattern and as so many of you have said, "It'll get here when it gets here!"
This hold is supported by a conversation I just had with someone in the middle of the food chain. There is a desire to get these cars out and they're working diligently to do it but yes, there was a second hold after the volcano/PCM hold. Even if Shaun got his car. Or IT_Guru. Or Source. Cars HAVE gotten out. But that doesn't mean there isn't a hold (or wasn't a hold anyway.)
Old 5/21/10, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Not sure anymore if my ETA was April 2010... or 2011...
Old 5/21/10, 02:28 PM
GT Member

Mustang

Old 5/21/10, 02:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by RickyD
Not sure anymore if my ETA was April 2010... or 2011...
Optimistic, eh?
Old 5/21/10, 02:31 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronn
PS dont flame me too much for hunting Mustangs in my younger days.
What is important my son, is that you have repented from your ways.

Say 5.Oh's and your penance will be complete.

Welcome aboard!
Old 5/21/10, 02:38 PM
lou
GT Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
P.S. We already know the true cause of the delay. This has already been discussed in great detail.

Old 5/21/10, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, at least this hold means they aren't shutting down production.

Right?

Right?
Old 5/21/10, 02:51 PM
V6 Member

Question?
If I ordered a 2012, would it be here before my 2011.

Sorry, I can't help it!
Old 5/21/10, 03:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Well, at least this hold means they aren't shutting down production.

Right?

Right?
All VINs serialized before 120xxx are fine. After that, they're on hold until after the July break.

JUST KIDDING! (I hope).
Old 5/21/10, 03:26 PM
V6 Member

After multiple phone calls and emails to Ford asking for information about my car I guess I finally got someones attention at Ford.

Ford finally contacted my dealer and had a conversation with them, probably about me and how big of a pain in the *** I am, or maybe my car not sure.

I now have an email back from Ford saying someone From Ford's Customer Care Solutions Team will be calling me to discuss my issue.

Now maybe I can get some answer to what the hell is going on and if winter or my car will get here first.

Old 5/21/10, 03:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mfbris
After multiple phone calls and emails to Ford asking for information about my car I guess I finally got someones attention at Ford.

Ford finally contacted my dealer and had a conversation with them, probably about me and how big of a pain in the *** I am, or maybe my car not sure.

I now have an email back from Ford saying someone From Ford's Customer Care Solutions Team will be calling me to discuss my issue.

Now maybe I can get some answer to what the hell is going on and if winter or my car will get here first.

I predict, "Your car has been produced and is awaiting shipment. Thank you for buying a Ford. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Quick Reply: MORE TROUBLING NEWS: 2011 GT500 & ALL V-8s