Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MORE TROUBLING NEWS: 2011 GT500 & ALL V-8s

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 10:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam2004
P.S. We already know the true cause of the delay. This has already been discussed in great detail.
According to Camaro5, the delay was caused by a new superduper Camaro driving past AAI and blowing all the doors off the Mustangs parked there.
Old 5/21/10, 10:20 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please mods, make one thread and move everything in there. This **** has to stop.
Old 5/21/10, 10:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Please mods, make one thread and move everything in there. This **** has to stop.
Do you write letters to the TV and radio stations when you don't like their programming?

WTF, really? If you don't like what you're reading, stop reading!

No offense, but your post isn't any better.
Old 5/21/10, 10:31 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Do you write letters to the TV and radio stations when you don't like their programming?

WTF, really? If you don't like what you're reading, stop reading!

No offense, but your post isn't any better.
Let's look at the big picture here. You can argue my post all you want, but the whole mentality of the sky is falling needs to stop. It's tainting the forums a lot worse than I thought, and I'm speaking for several members. Move it into one thread, make it a sticky, and make sure they're verified from somewhere of value.

So yes, I'm offering a solution, instead of more useless banter. Let's talk about the cars and the important stuff, not all the speculation and freaking out over nothing.
Old 5/21/10, 10:34 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Call the new sub forum

"The Mustang Source > Mustang by Model Year > 2010+ Mustang > "
Old 5/21/10, 10:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Let's look at the big picture here. You can argue my post all you want, but the whole mentality of the sky is falling needs to stop. It's tainting the forums a lot worse than I thought, and I'm speaking for several members. Move it into one thread, make it a sticky, and make sure they're verified from somewhere of value.

So yes, I'm offering a solution, instead of more useless banter. Let's talk about the cars and the important stuff, not all the speculation and freaking out over nothing.
Not a solution as long as new members continue to join and continue to post their own, "where's my car" thread. Perhaps a section specifically for pending orders so that way you can just ignore it.

A proposal that satisfies you is not necessarily a solution. A solution is something that fixes something that's broken for everyone.

I'm sorry you feel so many posts are "useless banter". I truly hope you don't listen to the news, talk radio, have friends, colleagues or family. I understand useless banter occurs among all of these groups from time to time.
Old 5/21/10, 10:51 AM
V6 Member

guess i got my 5.0 just in time hehe
Old 5/21/10, 10:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by JoshuaEIB
guess i got my 5.0 just in time hehe
Did that check engine light just come on?

Old 5/21/10, 10:55 AM
GTR Member

Not a solution as long as new members continue to join and continue to post their own, "where's my car" thread. Perhaps a section specifically for pending orders so that way you can just ignore it.

A proposal that satisfies you is not necessarily a solution. A solution is something that fixes something that's broken for everyone.

I'm sorry you feel so many posts are "useless banter". I truly hope you don't listen to the news, talk radio, have friends, colleagues or family. I understand useless banter occurs among all of these groups from time to time.
When I see numerous posts similar to my own thought, I start to wonder if my idea is in fact a solution. Tell me, do you really want to keep reading uneducated hold posts without any merit?

I feel like some posts are useless, whether or not people didn't search and/or posted without taking a second to look around, as many posts are repeats, instead of continuations of an existing thread.

And yes, I avoid everything, TV, internet, and friends because useless banter is the devil and I can't have that in my life. I sleep in a cave on the side of a mountain and wear tinfoil on my head so the government can't read my brainwaves.
Old 5/21/10, 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Did that check engine light just come on?

I wonder if I will get a letter at some point saying there is a recall for something. I've gotten them for pretty much all the cars I've owned, so no big deal - unless it leaves me stranded on some dark desolute highway....

Or maybe the hold just means they are fixing them as they get shipped. That would explain why some are getting their cars. They ship them as they get the "fix" - whatever it is.

I feel everyones pain though it was torture waiting for mine, not knowing when it would ship.

Last edited by IT_Guru; 5/21/10 at 11:01 AM.
Old 5/21/10, 10:58 AM
Cobra R Member

When I see numerous posts similar to my own thought, I start to wonder if my idea is in fact a solution. Tell me, do you really want to keep reading uneducated hold posts without any merit?

I feel like some posts are useless, whether or not people didn't search and/or posted without taking a second to look around, as many posts are repeats, instead of continuations of an existing thread.

And yes, I avoid everything, TV, internet, and friends because useless banter is the devil and I can't have that in my life. I sleep in a cave on the side of a mountain and wear tinfoil on my head so the government can't read my brainwaves.
I KNEW IT!

I skip a lot of posts/threads. No problem for me. Heck, I enjoy the terrible spelling, lack of punctuation, bad grammar, and silly ninny ideas (that's what Pete says I should write.)

In a public forum, you're going to have public discussion.
Old 5/21/10, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe they should be moved to the rumor thread, there is one on this site.

You could start a poll to see if people want one started
Old 5/21/10, 11:01 AM
GTR Member

Threads like this are all the more reason that I haven't ordered yet.
Old 5/21/10, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 03reptile
Well,..... more crappy news. I'm going to provide this information for the benefit of those of us with ordered 2011 GT500s and Mustang GTs, as any information is better than nothing. I called Ford Customer Service just a few minutes ago and was told that my Shelby is to be transported by United Road Service and loaded today with an ETA of 05/28/2010 at my dealer. Was told last Monday, by the dealer, that it would arrive today. OK..... another week, what's new, right? Decided to call the trucking company to verify this info, and after going through several layers of administration, I spoke to a rep. who had my VIN and destination, so I know I'm in the right ball-park. Here's the kicker. She advised the car is still at AAI and there was a hold put on all V-8 Mustangs and GT500s as of 05/17/2010!! Of course she does not know why, but definitively said my car is part of that group and will not be loaded on a truck until the hold is lifted by AAI. I do not mean to stir everyone up again, but this is bordering on the insane. Released, then held, released..... Misinformation is flying around Ford like a flock of magpies!! Everyone you call gives a different answer. I'm at the point where if God gave me an ETA I'd say, "Are you sure ?" I apologize for being the bearer of this news, and maybe the URS rep. is wrong, but giving me the 5/17/2010 hold date scares me. Bottom line? Who knows. We're all in the holding pattern and as so many of you have said, "It'll get here when it gets here!"
Quit your crying! You want your $50k car to be okay don't you?
Quality Alerts and parts being placed on hold are a regular thing in this type of business.
Old 5/21/10, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Go to Google's home page for the next 48 hours to relieve some of the wait time with a good game of Pacman!
Old 5/21/10, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Gad! Sorry I started all this sniping and discontent! I was only trying to keep you guys abreast of what I felt was some accurate information provided by the trucking company responsible for my car's delivery. Also, this info has since been reaffirmed by a respected Ford salesman on the TS site. I look at this thread as a vehicle for " psychological venting " over our ordered cars. I trust most of our wives or signifigant others are about ready to get a "contract" on us because of the obsessing. I know mine is!! Thus, this thread provides an avenue to "let off steam". Its natural for us to ***** to each other about our collective frustration and this specific thread provides that outlet. It is a stress reliever, when no one else wants to listen or cares. For those complaining about our lamintations, I would respectfully suggest you not click on this specific thread, therefore, avoiding the aggravation of our collective moaning and groaning. Hope we all get our cars sooner than expected!
Old 5/21/10, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WarpdSpazm
...wasn't to keen on them hitting my credit again, I'm at the 800 mark... was 810, but after they ran it, that one inquiry dropped me to a 795, still good and I should infact get a LOWER rate than what I had, but it's the principle of the matter. I didn't get to 800 by applying for things freely.
I thought I'd read somewhere that the bureaus are smart enough to know you may apply at two or three different places for a mortgage or car loan and it doesn't hurt anymore than just one inquiry. I'm curious as to why you even applied ahead of time with an 810 score...
Old 5/21/10, 11:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Hey you wear tinfoil too?!? [see Tracking Info thread ]...

And Jason I suggested the "wahhhh my car is late" section first!
Old 5/21/10, 11:34 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
This is starting to get out of hand. I'm waiting on my car just like the next guy, but goodness you guys are torturing yourselves making threads every 2 sec on hold rumors.

However, this is an enthusiasts forum so I kind of expect this. I propose we create a new section (like the 5.0L Modification section) for hold rumors, window stickers, etc.
Just put all of these in the Rumor Mil sub forum.
Old 5/21/10, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
I thought I'd read somewhere that the bureaus are smart enough to know you may apply at two or three different places for a mortgage or car loan and it doesn't hurt anymore than just one inquiry. I'm curious as to why you even applied ahead of time with an 810 score...
I work for Chase and get a break on the APR which I can only get if I do the app with the bank... can't get it through the dealer.. So I needed to do it and close at a local branch and bring the check to Jeff... Also as that jeff is about 100 miles from me. I was trying to plan ahead since the check will take 24 hours from when i close on the loan (rediculous). It was fine within 30 days, but since the car looks to be more like a June baby, I will be expired. Seems to be working in my favor with the rates having dropped a bit this week, but it's just the hassle. Chase is a big pain even to their employees. If not for this, I wouldn't be worried either... The Shelby is a 30th birthday gift to myself, I don't actually turn 30 until end of June.

Last edited by WarpdSpazm; 5/21/10 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: MORE TROUBLING NEWS: 2011 GT500 & ALL V-8s