Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MORE TROUBLING NEWS: 2011 GT500 & ALL V-8s

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE TROUBLING NEWS: 2011 GT500 & ALL V-8s

Well,..... more crappy news. I'm going to provide this information for the benefit of those of us with ordered 2011 GT500s and Mustang GTs, as any information is better than nothing. I called Ford Customer Service just a few minutes ago and was told that my Shelby is to be transported by United Road Service and loaded today with an ETA of 05/28/2010 at my dealer. Was told last Monday, by the dealer, that it would arrive today. OK..... another week, what's new, right? Decided to call the trucking company to verify this info, and after going through several layers of administration, I spoke to a rep. who had my VIN and destination, so I know I'm in the right ball-park. Here's the kicker. She advised the car is still at AAI and there was a hold put on all V-8 Mustangs and GT500s as of 05/17/2010!! Of course she does not know why, but definitively said my car is part of that group and will not be loaded on a truck until the hold is lifted by AAI. I do not mean to stir everyone up again, but this is bordering on the insane. Released, then held, released..... Misinformation is flying around Ford like a flock of magpies!! Everyone you call gives a different answer. I'm at the point where if God gave me an ETA I'd say, "Are you sure ?" I apologize for being the bearer of this news, and maybe the URS rep. is wrong, but giving me the 5/17/2010 hold date scares me. Bottom line? Who knows. We're all in the holding pattern and as so many of you have said, "It'll get here when it gets here!"
Old 5/21/10, 08:34 AM
GT Member

Will these threads ever end? I got my sticker today and my car's birthday is next Wednesday. I am optimistic. How can you explain that people have their cars already?

Last edited by Boomer; 5/21/10 at 10:39 AM.
Old 5/21/10, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I hear you that... I'm personally in the "It'll get here when it gets here!" frame of mind, but financially I'm in trouble. I applied for my loan (based on my original ETA) and was given a 30 day window to close. 5/27 is my 30th day! I'm not keen on re-applying for the **** loan (though the rates did drop .15% this week)...

If the hold was put up on 5/17, what's up with all the cars sitting on Ramp 51 since 4/25 like mine.. You'd have thought it would have shipped in the 3 weeks!
Old 5/21/10, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nobody has a straight answer. I think 99% of this is complete BS. Like it or not, some people ARE getting their cars. Others are not. We all need to understand that manufacturing isn't Amazon.com. Building a quality car is not a trivial task. What we are experiencing now is the negative side of the (mis)information age. It's long past time for everyone to chill out.
Old 5/21/10, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WarpdSpazm
I hear you that... I'm personally in the "It'll get here when it gets here!" frame of mind, but financially I'm in trouble. I applied for my loan (based on my original ETA) and was given a 30 day window to close. 5/27 is my 30th day! I'm not keen on re-applying for the **** loan (though the rates did drop .15% this week)...
It is not a big deal. Call the bank. They already have all of your information. Tell them to re-run the loan for another 30 days. If your finances are the same, you have nothing to worry about.

ALSO- if it bothers you that bad, you can ask the dealer of they have the Certificate of Origin for your car. If they have it, they can run the sale right now.
Old 5/21/10, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Mike Morris over on Team Shelby confirmed this hold this morning... He seems to have some information from previous experience on his posts over the years. I hear you on the re-run Coffee. Just wasn't to keen on them hitting my credit again, I'm at the 800 mark... was 810, but after they ran it, that one inquiry dropped me to a 795, still good and I should infact get a LOWER rate than what I had, but it's the principle of the matter. I didn't get to 800 by applying for things freely.
Old 5/21/10, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mike Morris @ Team Shelby
They are on hold. Talked to the plant yesterday. Didnt get any GOOD info, just that they are on HOLD.

Ill send another emails and maybe that wont be so busy!

This happens almost ever year. Ford is NOT going to ship the car if its not RIGHT. Cost to much to have the dealers fix simple problems. Last year it was the airbag cover pealing.

MM
Ok, hold is confirmed. I'm still not worried.
Old 5/21/10, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hmm, I wonder if it's all of them or a series like was said elsewhere and if cars built past the hold date are included (presumably they'd have declared a hold and fixed the production problem, if possible). Now I'm getting curious if my car is included.
Old 5/21/10, 09:22 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here we go again...
Old 5/21/10, 09:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
Ok, hold is confirmed. I'm still not worried.
Because your car isn't even finished being built yet. Let's see how you are when 6/30 comes and goes. I'll remember to quote you back these words (because I'm an a$$hat like that.)
Old 5/21/10, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Because your car isn't even finished being built yet. Let's see how you are when 6/30 comes and goes.
Exactly.
Old 5/21/10, 09:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Why do people act like it's the end of the world. Jesus.
Old 5/21/10, 09:30 AM
Cobra R Member

P.S. We already know the true cause of the delay. This has already been discussed in great detail.

Old 5/21/10, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

This isn't my only car. I plan on keeping it for a long time. I'd rather let the car stay at the factory now than take it back to the dealership later. I put $100 down as a deposit. If it really gets bad, I'll walk. I'll get a used Shelby instead. No big deal.

People keep acting like it's the end of the world. I want my car as bad as the rest of you, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Oh and please do quote me later. They're my words. I'll own them.

Last edited by coffeejolts; 5/21/10 at 09:35 AM.
Old 5/21/10, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

We should hold a candle vigil for our cars in the hopes that they're alright and will be released from Ramp 51 soon. We can get together in a group at AAI and comfort each other in this time of crisis. Perhaps the President (of Ford) will come and say a few words of reassurance.

Also someone needs to buy a freaking Barrett .50 AMR and take out that bleeding T-Rex.

Or we could handle it with more dignity and then laugh at the reactions to the inevitable holds on 2011 Camaros.
Old 5/21/10, 09:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
Why do people act like it's the end of the world. Jesus.
Because we don't have our cars.

This is exactly the kind of enthusiasm a car company NEEDS. Most car companies don't have "fans" they have "buyers". Ambivalence personified. Just buying whatever the company puts out (GM for the last few decades). Ford has a winner with the Mustang and people have jumped on the bandwagon to be early adopters.

The alternative is to just sit around and wait for the dealer lots to get filled with them while other manufacturers build something faster, nicer, more reliable, etc and Ford loses the sale. I WANT this car. I don't NEED this car. Honda makes fine automobiles. And they're on the lot.

Thanks for reminding me though. I need to stockpile more ammo and water.
Old 5/21/10, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wait a minute, CD- your car is a V6, so it isn't affected by this hold.
Old 5/21/10, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, my Dealer gonna be pissed, just picked up a loaner car from them last night til my 5.0 arrives.
Old 5/21/10, 10:13 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is starting to get out of hand. I'm waiting on my car just like the next guy, but goodness you guys are torturing yourselves making threads every 2 sec on hold rumors.

However, this is an enthusiasts forum so I kind of expect this. I propose we create a new section (like the 5.0L Modification section) for hold rumors, window stickers, etc.
Old 5/21/10, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
However, this is an enthusiasts forum so I kind of expect this. I propose we create a new section (like the 5.0L Modification section) for hold rumors, window stickers, etc.

Mods, please create a new sub forum!!!

Quick Reply: MORE TROUBLING NEWS: 2011 GT500 & ALL V-8s