2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

More speculation

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/06, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05SatinGT @ February 21, 2006, 9:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

That's easy -- it would be slower by at least a second and a half in the quarter mile and cost 40% more.
[/b][/quote]
Most of us don't live a 1/4 of a mile at a time. Most of us have to make turns, and negotiate over uneven pavement. But I won't get into another IRS vs SRA debate.

BTW, even if it cost 40% more, I for one would be willing to pay it for a world class car...and I'm sure many others would too. heck, I would've paid for a light in the trunk and heated seats for cripes sake.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05SatinGT @ February 21, 2006, 9:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Higher quality?? It would likely be more refined and soulless = higher quality?? Not to me.
In Europe Ford markets the Focus RS for performance --- The Mustang is uniquely American and designed expressly for North America -- no apologies necessary!
[/b][/quote]
See, to me...that's just marketing bull. Why does a car built purposely for the US market have to necessarily compromise world sales? People in America love buying German cars cuz of their German character. Likewise, people the world over would love to buy an American Mustang that is a world class car...problem is, that Ford decided not to build a world class car. And it's decisions like that why the company is where it is today: Junk rated bond status.

Failed miserably? Ford gave you the best looking, fastest, highest quality $25000 car money can buy .. it is a tremendous effort and a tremendous value and a tremendous car.. period!!
[/b][/quote]

I'm beginning to think this whole '300 hp for $25K' did a great disservice to the Mustang.

It gives Ford an easy excuse for the inexcusable...such as no heated seats, trunk lights, cheap interior workmanship and sketchy suspension.

Like I said, the margins on the Mustang must be really thin...cuz the barn busting sales sure didn't help their bottom line.

One or two stellar years of Mustang sales is not going to save this company. Again, only time will tell if the desired effect of the Mustang was a success: bringing in new buyers that would trade up to more premium Ford products. For the short term, this doesn't seem to be happening considering Ford's ever decreasing market share.

Only time will tell.
Old 2/22/06, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Uh going back to the Zeypher thing...it is now Lincolns best selling car and well in yet another typical Ford bumbling...its getting renamed in the Fall, the MK Z, with AWD and the new 3.5L V6, good for about 250HP. If it stays at its current price point, its the Entry luxury level car to beat, with AWD the new 6 in it.

I'm thinking about getting one to replace the Mustang, down the road...
Old 2/22/06, 11:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most of us don't live a 1/4 of a mile at a time. Most of us have to make turns, and negotiate over uneven pavement. But I won't get into another IRS vs SRA debate.

BTW, even if it cost 40% more, I for one would be willing to pay it for a world class car...and I'm sure many others would too. heck, I would've paid for a light in the trunk and heated seats for cripes sake.

<span style="color:#3333FF">Why not just go buy an Infiniti G35 coupe or BMW 330i. You'll have all the amenities you crave, including IRS. But a Mustang will out-accelerate, look better and YES! take the curves as well -- it might even be more fun doing it! for $10K -20K Cheaper. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] No one else - German or Japenese - can make a car this good at this price point. I understand your point about paying more to get some nicer amenities. I traded an SVT Focus with Heated Recaro seats, HID headlights and a really buttoned down suspension. It was a blast to drive but I like my Mustang GT much better. </span>

See, to me...that's just marketing bull. Why does a car built purposely for the US market have to necessarily compromise world sales? People in America love buying German cars cuz of their German character. Likewise, people the world over would love to buy an American Mustang that is a world class car...problem is, that Ford decided not to build a world class car. And it's decisions like that why the company is where it is today: Junk rated bond status

<span style="color:#3333FF">For performance, Americans tend to favor V8 rear drive cars. I know I do. The Mustang has been selling well 150,000 + units for the last 20 years! Give Ford some credit. </span>
Old 2/22/06, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Frost @ February 22, 2006, 11:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

See, to me...that's just marketing bull. Why does a car built purposely for the US market have to necessarily compromise world sales? People in America love buying German cars cuz of their German character. Likewise, people the world over would love to buy an American Mustang that is a world class car...problem is, that Ford decided not to build a world class car. And it's decisions like that why the company is where it is today: Junk rated bond status.
I'm beginning to think this whole '300 hp for $25K' did a great disservice to the Mustang.

It gives Ford an easy excuse for the inexcusable...such as no heated seats, trunk lights, cheap interior workmanship and sketchy suspension.

Like I said, the margins on the Mustang must be really thin...cuz the barn busting sales sure didn't help their bottom line.

One or two stellar years of Mustang sales is not going to save this company. Again, only time will tell if the desired effect of the Mustang was a success: bringing in new buyers that would trade up to more premium Ford products. For the short term, this doesn't seem to be happening considering Ford's ever decreasing market share.

Only time will tell.
[/b][/quote]

Harald, by the way you sound in these posts, may I ask, why did you even buy a Mustang GT, if your not happy with it? And if your not happy with it, why didn't you sell it? I know that there are ALOT of people who love their cars (myself included), and wouldn't give them up. I waited over 5 months for mine, and it is amazing for the money. This was my 1st car, and I couldn't be happier with it.

About having it cost 40% more. It it had, that higher base price ($25K x .40 = $10K more for a base of $35,000) at that price, I wouldn't have been able to afford a deluxe, let alone a premium GT, and I'm sure others would have been in the same boat. Not all of us GT owners are rolling in money to pay $35K base had the price been more. The whole concept of a Mustang has been "bang for the buck" It always will be. If it wasn't as good as it is, every car publication would have trashed the car, instead of praising it. And a few of the national mags are pro-import.

About the "300 hp for $25,000 being an excuse". So the car doesn't have heated seats. It it were an option, I wouldn't have ordered it, and I live in PA. It gets down right cold in the winter (wind chill of -2 this past Sunday). The leather in my car was fine, not cold at all. A trunk light? To let you know, there is a light. It's on the trunk lid. I put my gym bag in the trunk, and at night, there is plenty of light to see things in there.
Cheap interior? So the plastics are hard. What were you expecting, the leather dash, and door panels from the Shelby to be standard? My friend saw my car, loved it, and he is not into Fords at all. He has a WRX, and his car is nice, but he really liked the interior of mine, and he was shocked at the price of it (MSRP $29K). If you want to complain about interiors, have you even looked at the EVO lately. Him, myself, and another friend (not a car guy) went to the Philly auto show, and we checked out the EVO IX. If you want to talk about cheap interiors, that car takes the cake. Even my WRX friend, as we walked up to it, says, "EVO looks great, but inside, it just looks and feels really cheap." And that car was the MR at $37K [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] . So for the money, you can't knock them on this. Could the inside of the car be a little more plush, sure, but I'm not sitting on a computer complaining, I'm driving my car!

Nobody said that this car will singlehandedly save Ford. That's impossible, but it being a huge sales hit helped more than it hurt. It will take more nice products like the Fusion, and new Edge to help turn things around. These new products will draw customers who have never considered the Ford brand, With these new cars, Ford is getting in a segment that they haven't been in before (Edge) or haven't been in for some time (Fusion). With the Mustang, that car brought in alot of people who were regularly import buyers, but this car pulled at their heartstrings, as alot of the buyers, now middle-aged, may have had a 60's Mustang when they were young. This car is exactly what Ford needed, and the Edge will only add to the assistance.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I couldn't stand quiet while someone was constantly bashing the Mustang. Is the car perfect, absolutely not, but tell me what car really is? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 01:43 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ February 22, 2006, 11:25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Harald, by the way you sound in these posts, may I ask, why did you even buy a Mustang GT, if your not happy with it? And if your not happy with it, why didn't you sell it? I know that there are ALOT of people who love their cars (myself included), and wouldn't give them up. I waited over 5 months for mine, and it is amazing for the money. This was my 1st car, and I couldn't be happier with it.

About having it cost 40% more. It it had, that higher base price ($25K x .40 = $10K more for a base of $35,000) at that price, I wouldn't have been able to afford a deluxe, let alone a premium GT, and I'm sure others would have been in the same boat. Not all of us GT owners are rolling in money to pay $35K base had the price been more. The whole concept of a Mustang has been "bang for the buck" It always will be. If it wasn't as good as it is, every car publication would have trashed the car, instead of praising it. And a few of the national mags are pro-import.

About the "300 hp for $25,000 being an excuse". So the car doesn't have heated seats. It it were an option, I wouldn't have ordered it, and I live in PA. It gets down right cold in the winter (wind chill of -2 this past Sunday). The leather in my car was fine, not cold at all. A trunk light? To let you know, there is a light. It's on the trunk lid. I put my gym bag in the trunk, and at night, there is plenty of light to see things in there.
Cheap interior? So the plastics are hard. What were you expecting, the leather dash, and door panels from the Shelby to be standard? My friend saw my car, loved it, and he is not into Fords at all. He has a WRX, and his car is nice, but he really liked the interior of mine, and he was shocked at the price of it (MSRP $29K). If you want to complain about interiors, have you even looked at the EVO lately. Him, myself, and another friend (not a car guy) went to the Philly auto show, and we checked out the EVO IX. If you want to talk about cheap interiors, that car takes the cake. Even my WRX friend, as we walked up to it, says, "EVO looks great, but inside, it just looks and feels really cheap." And that car was the MR at $37K [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] . So for the money, you can't knock them on this. Could the inside of the car be a little more plush, sure, but I'm not sitting on a computer complaining, I'm driving my car!

Nobody said that this car will singlehandedly save Ford. That's impossible, but it being a huge sales hit helped more than it hurt. It will take more nice products like the Fusion, and new Edge to help turn things around. These new products will draw customers who have never considered the Ford brand, With these new cars, Ford is getting in a segment that they haven't been in before (Edge) or haven't been in for some time (Fusion). With the Mustang, that car brought in alot of people who were regularly import buyers, but this car pulled at their heartstrings, as alot of the buyers, now middle-aged, may have had a 60's Mustang when they were young. This car is exactly what Ford needed, and the Edge will only add to the assistance.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I couldn't stand quiet while someone was constantly bashing the Mustang. Is the car perfect, absolutely not, but tell me what car really is? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Funny thing is, I see both your points. I think what he is trying to articulate - that most on this board will never get - is that Ford could have stepped up to the plate and made the Mustang more of a world-class car with a few simple steps: better quality plastics inside (let's call a spade a spade, they're cheap); a proper IRS suspension...and then offered some sort of an amenities package that might include heated seats and stuff like that. It's unforgiveable that the latch mechanism for the passenger front seat in the new Stang doesn't even have an auto swing forward function. Again, an example of a greater emphasis on cost-cutting rather than a competitively specified car.

I think several things are at play here. First, I do think American automakers have a "good enough" mentality that has been fostered over the past three decades (which has gotten them in serious trouble, by the way), which revolves around farming out the manufacturing of parts to the lowest bid suppliers. I mean, how many people here have complained about their Shakers crapping out...or their carpets wearing out prematurely? Even the Lincoln Zephyr interior is an inexcusable mess of design and textures. But it is comparatively inexpensive.

But we also don't do detail well here in North America. The Japanese are much better at attention to detail, ergonomics, and frankly, manufacturing overall. They're masters at it - so much so that within 15 years Lexus has managed to build automobiles that in most key respects are now SUPERIOR to the once-mighty Mercedes Benz.

Secondly, I think Ford has positioned itself as a company that primarily caters to the middle-American proletariat, and builds cars for that demographic. What's sad is that so many of these middle class heartland manufacturing jobs are disappearing as they're outsourced overseas, and I think Ford would be wise to begin building products that can appeal to a broader base. I mean, the Ford Focus RS interior in Europe looks great, but we're stuck with substandard materials here in North America. That's because Europeans would never tolerate it...they'd just buy something from a fully European manufacturer instead. So in Europe, Ford does what it must to compete.

Why not here?

Well, our problem is that we've been fat and lazy for too long in our isolationist existence. For the longest time, all Ford had to worry about was GM and Chrysler. We didn't take global competition seriously enough here in North America during the 70s oil crisis when the Japanese began to gain a foothold in our market. It's not their fault, it's ours. Failed trade policies combined with a lazy-arsed unwillingness to adapt or change (and the UAW must be accounted for here as well) has sewn the seeds of our fate.

Finally, North American automobile companies are indeed trying to fight for their very existence, slowly realizing - like an old Lion - that they must change or die. Problem is, they have to basically reinvent EVERYTHING, throw out the old methodologies and ways of thinking, and start fresh - all the while trying to catch up to foreign competitors who are way ahead in most respects. That's why so many investment experts think it's all too little too late.

To give you an idea of how hard it is to change your way of thinking or doing business, look at GM. They're making improvements in several key respects, yet they STILL refuse to do what is absolutely necessary to their survival: get rid of the redundant model lines and brands.
Old 2/22/06, 03:19 PM
Cobra Member

It amazes me how be complain about the quality of the Mustang and how FORD dropped the ball. My brother has an $80,000 BMW 740IL with all the bling. He loves my Mustang I paid $26,000 for. Yes it has some cheap material on the interior, but it's a $26,000 car. I don't believe you can find anything more fun to own or drive at this price. If so, please post and let me know what car.
Old 2/22/06, 04:47 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Frost @ February 21, 2006, 7:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If it were in the hands of the Japanese or Germans, I'm absolutely certain the Mustang would be a world class car with true *international* demand.

[/b][/quote]

If the Mustang was in the hands of the Japanese or Germans, a GT would cost you $40,000 and it would be next to impossible to order one with the options & color you wanted. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GT98 @ February 22, 2006, 1:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Uh going back to the Zeypher thing...it is now Lincolns best selling car and well in yet another typical Ford bumbling...[/b][/quote]

Don't get carried away, the Zep has held the Lincoln sales title for all of 1 month.

The Zeph has been on sale for 4 months.
In the 1st 4 months that the LS was on sale its sales were 45% higher.
We have a long way to go before we'll know if the Zeph will pass the test of time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Frost @ February 22, 2006, 11:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

The Mustang is VERY profitable.

But at 150,000 Mustangs sold per year the Mustang represents only 4.7% of Ford's N American sales and 3% of Ford's world wide sales. No matter how much money Ford makes off the Mustang, it has a small impact on Ford's overall profitability.

Finally, the Mustang is NOT selling all that well.
It had 4 months of great sales, March - June 05, but for the last 7 months S-197 Mustang have been LOWER than what the old SN-95 sold.
Old 2/22/06, 06:47 PM
FR500 Member

If the speculation pans out, let's hope the DOD that Ford is finally (maybe) adding to its V8's is more seamless than the electronic throttle on the current model. And if My Color is out, too bad - I kind of liked the idea. Regarding the other posts about quality and performance, I would only like to add my .02 (a penny for my thoughts and the other one for taxes) - I notice way more G35's than Mustang GT's being driven around here, they seem to outnumber 350Z's as well. This despite the higher cost and lesser performance (in a straight line). If it is about having V8 performance, the Camaro/Firebird had the Mustang covered in that area as well and we all know what happened to those cars. What I see with the complaints about the content/quality of the Mustang is more along the lines of wishing Ford could have done more - especially the "little things" - which do indeed add up for a potential customer who may consider the Mustang as a possible choice to fit their need(s) for a sporty 2 door coupe and couldn't care less about the number of cylinders it has or at which end the power is transmitted to the road. The cheapness of the interior, SRA suspension, and lack of a 6spd manual won't make me want the car any less (maybe that's a bad thing?), but it would be nice if Ford would address things like that - it can only make owning one that much sweeter.
Old 2/22/06, 07:33 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 22, 2006, 3:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It had 4 months of great sales, March - June 05, but for the last 7 months S-197 Mustang have been LOWER than what the old SN-95 sold.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, I see hardly ANY 05 Stangs on the road anymore, and I live in a large metro area with a notoriously strong car culture where you see just about everything everyday.

It does seem like sales are dwindling off rather rapidly - which is another reason I think dealers are overestimating the long-term desirability of the Shelby.

It gets back to what I said before. I, too, see WAY more G35s on the road than Mustangs. Why? Because even though it is a more expensive car - by a significant margin - it is perceived as better quality, more reliable...and certainly it offers the creature comforts and attention to detail that an increasing percentage of today's buyers want.

I strongly suspect that Ford made a mistake by not making the Mustang a little bit more upscale vehicle. Building a "cheap" powerful car has its appeal to core enthusiasts like us, but does NOTHING to build wider market share.
Old 2/22/06, 07:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 22, 2006, 5:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The Zeph has been on sale for 4 months.
In the 1st 4 months that the LS was on sale its sales were 45% higher.
We have a long way to go before we'll know if the Zeph will pass the test of time.
The Mustang is VERY profitable.
[/b][/quote]

One question (and I'm asking because I honestly don't know the answer): was the LS being heavily discounted due to dealers trying to clear them from the lots? I'm interested to know if that's the cause of the higher sales or was it simply because the LS is a more desirable car? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ February 22, 2006, 8:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, I see hardly ANY 05 Stangs on the road anymore, and I live in a large metro area with a notoriously strong car culture where you see just about everything everyday.

It does seem like sales are dwindling off rather rapidly - which is another reason I think dealers are overestimating the long-term desirability of the Shelby.

It gets back to what I said before. I, too, see WAY more G35s on the road than Mustangs. Why? Because even though it is a more expensive car - by a significant margin - it is perceived as better quality, more reliable...and certainly it offers the creature comforts and attention to detail that an increasing percentage of today's buyers want.

I strongly suspect that Ford made a mistake by not making the Mustang a little bit more upscale vehicle. Building a "cheap" powerful car has its appeal to core enthusiasts but does NOTHING to build wider market share.
[/b][/quote]

Not around here. I'm seeing more now than I ever saw in the previous twelve months. I've also noticed that the V6 Pony package seems to very popular here as well. G35s are rare but 350Zs are fairly common but no more than the Mustang.
Old 2/22/06, 07:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 22, 2006, 6:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

But how many of those SN95 where sold due to discounts and incentives? I'm sure that even though that S197 is selling less...Ford is making more $$$ off them. Well have to see the long term sales year to year of the S97 before we say the car sucks in sales or not...lets also remember that there is still long wait for GT's if you want one..helll it be 4 months before I get mine!!

Also Mustang Sales for 2005 where up 24% over 2004

Another thing to consider about how "bad" the S197 sales are...2002 the sales where 138K and in 2003 only 140K units...so going by those numbers, the new mustang is doing fine
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Route 66 @ February 22, 2006, 5:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It amazes me how be complain about the quality of the Mustang and how FORD dropped the ball. My brother has an $80,000 BMW 740IL with all the bling. He loves my Mustang I paid $26,000 for. Yes it has some cheap material on the interior, but it's a $26,000 car. I don't believe you can find anything more fun to own or drive at this price. If so, please post and let me know what car.
[/b][/quote]

Does your brother have the "I have to stop the car to figure out the dashboard screen option".? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 22, 2006, 5:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

One more question (I love playing devil's advocate): have coupe sales dropped overall or have they remained steady with Mustang's sales dropping? The first would indicate softness in the coupe market and would not be an indication of declining Mustang popularity. The second would indicate declining Mustang popularity.
Old 2/22/06, 07:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ February 22, 2006, 3:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Funny thing is, I see both your points. I think what he is trying to articulate - that most on this board will never get - is that Ford could have stepped up to the plate and made the Mustang more of a world-class car with a few simple steps: better quality plastics inside (let's call a spade a spade, they're cheap); a proper IRS suspension...and then offered some sort of an amenities package that might include heated seats and stuff like that. It's unforgiveable that the latch mechanism for the passenger front seat in the new Stang doesn't even have an auto swing forward function. Again, an example of a greater emphasis on cost-cutting rather than a competitively specified car.

[/b][/quote]

The biggest problem is that Ford is saddled with a 1-2K per vechicle cost that goes towards legacy costs, IE UAW and retirement payments that the Japanese dont have to worry about..thus why the lower quaitly materials and what not. I dont see what the big deal is...ever see the dash on a G35? Its cheap as $%&# lookingwith its painted silver stack. The Leather on the Seats are nice, but otherwise its kind of underwhelming..my friend had one and I find his TL to have a much nicer interior.
Old 2/22/06, 08:04 PM

It is ridiculous to here people say that Ford should make there cars more like the Germans or other European car manufacturers most average Europeans are riding bikes or driving little boxes. Henry Ford made it a point that every American could afford a car and to me they are sticking to there tradition. So if you don't like the Stang for what it is then go buy a Jag,Volvo,Land Rover,Aston Martin,Mazda that should give you your European and Japanese taste and put money in Fords pocket.
Old 2/22/06, 08:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ February 22, 2006, 9:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
One more question (I love playing devil's advocate): have coupe sales dropped overall or have they remained steady with Mustang's sales dropping? The first would indicate softness in the coupe market and would not be an indication of declining Mustang popularity. The second would indicate declining Mustang popularity.
[/b][/quote]

Mustang sales in 2002 where 138, in 2003 140K and in 2004 (with some 05 Mustang Sales added in) 130K. In 2005, the total was 160K

I went back to 1998 and the best sales for the Mustang was in 2000 with 177K sales
Old 2/22/06, 08:49 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RICVA05 @ February 22, 2006, 7:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It is ridiculous to here people say that Ford should make there cars more like the Germans or other European car manufacturers most average Europeans are riding bikes or driving little boxes. Henry Ford made it a point that every American could afford a car and to me they are sticking to there tradition. So if you don't like the Stang for what it is then go buy a Jag,Volvo,Land Rover,Aston Martin,Mazda that should give you your European and Japanese taste and put money in Fords pocket.
[/b][/quote]
Huh?
Old 2/22/06, 09:14 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(karman @ February 22, 2006, 8:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Does your brother have the "I have to stop the car to figure out the dashboard screen option".? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yes,
I can't stand the twirly thing between the seats that's suppose to control everything. Very confusing.
Old 2/22/06, 09:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GT98 @ February 22, 2006, 9:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mustang sales in 2002 where 138, in 2003 140K and in 2004 (with some 05 Mustang Sales added in) 130K. In 2005, the total was 160K

I went back to 1998 and the best sales for the Mustang was in 2000 with 177K sales
[/b][/quote]

That's good information but it didn't really answer my question.
Old 2/23/06, 04:31 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ February 22, 2006, 10:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Huh?
[/b][/quote]

What I am trying to say is if people are complaining about the fact that Ford might use some plastic in there interior and does not have IRS the reason for that is to keep the cost down for the average American. If you read through some of the posts ford is constantly being bashed for making an affordable car for the average man and all the extras that some people have said they want will drive the cost of the Stang up.

Quick Reply: More speculation