Magnum T56 swap kit for the 3.7 Mustang is now a reality

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/13, 08:50 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Magnum T56 swap kit for the 3.7 Mustang is now a reality

Just recently completed, more to come.

From V6mustangperformance;

Rejoice my fellow 3.7L brothers. A Transmission option is truly here. The install on my car is complete and it went well. Here are the first pics. I will have the car back in about a week. They are very happy with the install and the way it drives. I can not wait to dive it myself.

More data coming soon. Pics, video, and a magazine article and where you can order your kit.

Old 10/28/13, 11:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Why ?
Old 10/28/13, 06:00 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Why ?
Why what?

Why swap?

Same reason a GT owner might swap, to handle higher HP, to have a transmission with a direct mounted shifter.

Car in the pics is the original ProCharger V6 development car, it puts 461 HP to the ground.

Lots of boosted V6 owners have expressed a lot of interest in this swap.
Old 10/28/13, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much would this swap cost? i would love to do the swap. wish i could have put one in mine when my crappy mt-82 went out with only 16k on it and i feel sure it wont be long before this new one goes out too. when it does this is what i will do though.
Old 10/28/13, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Why what?

Why swap?

Same reason a GT owner might swap, to handle higher HP, to have a transmission with a direct mounted shifter.

Car in the pics is the original ProCharger V6 development car, it puts 461 HP to the ground.

Lots of boosted V6 owners have expressed a lot of interest in this swap.
Seems like a waste of money to me. There's plenty of 5.0 MT-82's running over 650 HP.
Old 10/29/13, 09:14 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
how much would this swap cost? i would love to do the swap. wish i could have put one in mine when my crappy mt-82 went out with only 16k on it and i feel sure it wont be long before this new one goes out too. when it does this is what i will do though.
I would imagine it will be about the same cost as the one for the GT, about $4K or a little more, pricing hasn't been finalized.

Seems like a waste of money to me. There's plenty of 5.0 MT-82's running over 650 HP.
Well then, aren't you fortunate that nobody is trying to force you to buy one.
Old 10/29/13, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why ?
Because you already have a auto
Old 10/29/13, 06:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by slostang
This is my first auto.
Old 10/29/13, 09:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first auto.
Right, and you asked why someone would swap the tranny. He's trying to say that if you had an MT-82 you'd know.
Old 10/29/13, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jmaStang
Right, and you asked why someone would swap the tranny. He's trying to say that if you had an MT-82 you'd know.
That's why I got an auto.
Old 10/30/13, 05:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here we go again...another good thread turned into the "automatic verses standard" bash.

Can't you guys go troll somewhere else?
Old 10/30/13, 05:47 AM
GT Member

How did this thread turn ugly??
Anyway, nice pics OP, it looks like it belongs in there.
I'd be interested to get your impression of the swap, and more pics of course
Old 10/30/13, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
Here we go again...another good thread turned into the "automatic verses standard" bash.

Right? Really getting sick of posting anything on TMS, just to get bashed. Too many negative people here. If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!
Old 10/30/13, 08:37 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
Right? Really getting sick of posting anything on TMS, just to get bashed. Too many negative people here. If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!
It's not like that. Many of us have built multiple mustangs in the past and speak from mistakes made in the past. If someone says there's no point or just a waste of time, it's not meant to bash. Too many people can't handle constructive criticism and take offense to it. If someone thinks an idea is dumb, it might be. I for one won't cheer on a bad idea just to be considerate. This is not directed towards you Mama, just trying to explain that's its nothing personal.
Old 10/30/13, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It's not like that. Many of us have built multiple mustangs in the past and speak from mistakes made in the past. If someone says there's no point or just a waste of time, it's not meant to bash. Too many people can't handle constructive criticism and take offense to it. If someone thinks an idea is dumb, it might be. I for one won't cheer on a bad idea just to be considerate. This is not directed towards you Mama, just trying to explain that's its nothing personal.
My opinion is that if you've been there and done that and are tired of seeing it...ignore the thread. Don't post something that sounds like your sh!ting on someone's idea. If you must comment, then do so with a little more info than just "why?" or "waste of time". There are many peeps out there and not all of them have been there done that.
Old 10/30/13, 09:05 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Azure
My opinion is that if you've been there and done that and are tired of seeing it...ignore the thread. Don't post something that sounds like your sh!ting on someone's idea. If you must comment, then do so with a little more info than just "why?" or "waste of time". There are many peeps out there and not all of them have been there done that.
So just sit back and ignore the stupid right? I could always tell them what a great idea they have and encourage it. C'mon man. Don't start a thread unless you want all opinions. This is not a feel good support group. And for the most part, it's not a troll site.
Old 10/30/13, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
So just sit back and ignore the stupid right? I could always tell them what a great idea they have and encourage it. C'mon man. Don't start a thread unless you want all opinions. This is not a feel good support group. And for the most part, it's not a troll site.
I didn't say ignore the stupid. There's always somebody faster, more HP, better driver mod, more engine knowledge, etc the list goes on. I'm saying there's no reason to be a horses *** when you want to state your opinion. Of course, if OP is being a horses ***, know-it-all, etc then they get what they deserve. I agree basically though, if you are posting up, be prepared to ignore some folks. And true, we shouldn't have to hold everyone's hand.
Old 10/30/13, 10:23 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by dcottrell61
How did this thread turn ugly??
Anyway, nice pics OP, it looks like it belongs in there.
I'd be interested to get your impression of the swap, and more pics of course
Car belongs to a friend of mine. He will be doing a write up on it and there is supposed to be a magazine article in the works.

So, there will be plenty more to come.
Old 10/30/13, 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by slostang
I was refering to this.
Old 10/30/13, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bucko

I'm not bashing anything. My 2007 GT was a manual and my next Mustang will be a manual 6 or 7 speed or what ever Ford offers at the time.

Quick Reply: Magnum T56 swap kit for the 3.7 Mustang is now a reality