2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Looking for AM Dan or AM Shane

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/14, 05:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott
Yes, I PM'd both Dan And Shane with my problem and have not heard anything. I tried to call, but they are in a different location that where the phone gets answered. So, then, I started this thread to try and resolve my issue. I just wanted them to answer the pm. No big deal for me, I'll take my business somewhere that honors their promises. If you are going to advertise a discount, then give that discount. I think that if AM won't answer a request for the code then I can't see as how any of the other customer service will be any better. You only have one chance for a first impression. AM has failed over and over.
Well, if you tried that's all one can do. I know Shane and Dan are great about getting back with people. Perhaps Shane and Dan are not working this week. I know for a fact Dan will be attending a large car show cruise down in Ocean City Maryland and it starts this Wednesday through Sunday , so he may not even be at work. He could be preparing his 633 rwhp for the show. Lol
Old 5/13/14, 06:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to place an order today, could one of you guys please provide me with a forum discount code? Thanks
Hey Scott,

I'm sorry for the delay. I was out of the office last week when you shot me a PM. We were visiting our 2014 AmericanMuscle Car show venue! Between now and your PM was also the weekend, so you can see why the delay seems longer than it actually is. Either way, I do apologize. Believe me I have no interest in making you wait for the code I was just a bit tied up!

That's no excuse, I'm just letting you know why there was a delay. I've shot you a PM with the discount code. Thanks to 2011 Kona Blue I was notified of this thread and hopped in immediately. I can only be in one place at a time.

You should be in good shape now. Please understand I was not ignoring you it's just that time of year and everyone is very busy!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance or if you have any questions I can help with. Here is my direct email. This will go to my Cell phone even if I'm out of the office. I'd like you to have it!

dan[dot]bailer[at]americanmuscle[dot]com

-Dan
Old 5/13/14, 07:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also PM'd Dan and Shane for a code awhile back. It took a couple of days for them to get back to me. They both did and I got my code.
Old 5/13/14, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Toad 185
I also PM'd Dan and Shane for a code awhile back. It took a couple of days for them to get back to me. They both did and I got my code.
We do our best to respond to all customers within 24 hours (during the work week). Sometimes it does go a day or so over. I do apologize for that.

I'm glad to hear you got your code, though!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 5/13/14 at 08:44 AM.
Old 5/13/14, 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you for the reply and the code Dan. How long is the code valid? I have already gone a different route for what I was going to order, but If I find something else on the site in the next few month, will this code still work?
I think that what frustrates people the most (it did me) is when we see that you or Shane have posted somewhere on this site while the PM goes unanswered. I know and understand that you can't work all the time and that you have other commitments to attend to and that you can not spend all day everyday looking at internet forums.
Old 5/13/14, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Can you not read what the op just posted he tried to do? Have you also not read what many others have experienced either? And if that's "150%", as you claim, other vendors must give "1500%". Your sense of scale must be severely skewed. Threads like this pop up for a reason. These aren't just random folks poking at AM for fun. These are annoyed, frustrated, and pissed off customers (including myself) based on experience. What gives you the right to judge my/our experience based on your own? I chimed in on this thread because I resonated with the op. I had the EXACT same experience with AM with a measly discount code that somehow never appeared in my pm box. Oh sorry, it appeared 1 week later. Too late. This is one terrible experience, of a few others, that I personally had with AM. So quit assuming things you don't know. You continually troll this forum with your useless rantings. If you do respond to this post, stop referring to me or others as your "bro". I'm not, nor ever will be, your "bro". Please use another term of verbiage to address individuals. It will give you more credibility. If you love AM, good for you. Just respect other people who don't.
you act like these guys at American Muscle have nothing else to do than to sit on these forums and watch when they receive a pm for a code. AM is a larger company and may take a little while longer, and maybe have a few more problems with errors in things. And the fact that your pissed because AM will give you 6% off, and Hypermotive will give you 7% off, is childish, and bull****.
Old 5/13/14, 04:18 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by MDkid92
you act like these guys at American Muscle have nothing else to do than to sit on these forums and watch when they receive a pm for a code. AM is a larger company and may take a little while longer, and maybe have a few more problems with errors in things. And the fact that your pissed because AM will give you 6% off, and Hypermotive will give you 7% off, is childish, and bull****.
Sean, you're way off base and lost me on your point.

Though 7 is greater than 6, at what point did I say hyper or anyone else gives 7? Lol.

How long a vendor chooses to responds to a customer's requests is their prerogative, the same how we customers choose to react to those responses. Is one week or longer "too long" for a vendor to respond? I sure think so. Do you? If you don't, that's your choice. So many other vendors respond the same day, in an hour, even late at night. There's something to be said about that right?

And lastly, I'm not "pissed" because of AMs 6%. Don't interpret what I say wrongly. I'll summarize it: the way AM handled me as a potential customer and now others, is disappointing to say the least. Period.

In the end, we all have the freedom to choose who we buy things from. If you're happy with what I believe to be "poor" customer service, then so be it.

I can pm you further details of my experiences with AM. The discount thing is just one of a few. I don't want to further clutter this thread.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/13/14 at 04:29 PM.
Old 5/13/14, 05:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sean, you're way off base and lost me on your point. Though 7 is greater than 6, at what point did I say hyper or anyone else gives 7? Lol. How long a vendor chooses to responds to a customer's requests is their prerogative, the same how we customers choose to react to those responses. Is one week or longer "too long" for a vendor to respond? I sure think so. Do you? If you don't, that's your choice. So many other vendors respond the same day, in an hour, even late at night. There's something to be said about that right? And lastly, I'm not "pissed" because of AMs 6%. Don't interpret what I say wrongly. I'll summarize it: the way AM handled me as a potential customer and now others, is disappointing to say the least. Period. In the end, we all have the freedom to choose who we buy things from. If you're happy with what I believe to be "poor" customer service, then so be it. I can pm you further details of my experiences with AM. The discount thing is just one of a few. I don't want to further clutter this thread.
I definitely understand the points you make and agree with some of them. I know people view things different, as that's life lol. And I like you, will buy from places until that Vendor has problems and poor customer service. Thanks Z.
Old 5/13/14, 05:09 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
I received my 2nd order from American Muscle today, in good shape and right on time.
I had asked Dan for a promo code before placing the order. He didn't get back to me right away but I placed the order knowing that he would get back to me and issue a credit. He did exactly that. I'm a happy AM customer…AGAIN
Old 5/13/14, 07:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sean, you're way off base and lost me on your point.

Though 7 is greater than 6, at what point did I say hyper or anyone else gives 7? Lol.

How long a vendor chooses to responds to a customer's requests is their prerogative, the same how we customers choose to react to those responses. Is one week or longer "too long" for a vendor to respond? I sure think so. Do you? If you don't, that's your choice. So many other vendors respond the same day, in an hour, even late at night. There's something to be said about that right?

And lastly, I'm not "pissed" because of AMs 6%. Don't interpret what I say wrongly. I'll summarize it: the way AM handled me as a potential customer and now others, is disappointing to say the least. Period.

In the end, we all have the freedom to choose who we buy things from. If you're happy with what I believe to be "poor" customer service, then so be it.

I can pm you further details of my experiences with AM. The discount thing is just one of a few. I don't want to further clutter this thread.
Its unfortunate for AM you had experienced issues with them and lost a good bit of your business or all for that matter. I personally have been ordering with AM for approximately 3 1/2 years and its been flawless. Never any issues, fast delivery and quality products. I have probably spent 3,500 plus dollars with AM and will continue to spend with them on my mods.

Even if an order were to get mixed up, I know Dan or Shane would help get it straight. I personally feel AM's customer support and customer service is excellent. Mistakes happen, things break , manufactures have bad batch products from time to time but its how AM handles it and they are awesome.

As stated numerous times by me, nobody works harder and is more active on the forums than Dan and Shane from AM! Dan and Shane are regularly participating in threads on the various forums and try keeping the animals happy all while getting poked dry with no lube by assorted members of various mustang forums.

Dan and Shane go above and beyond to make things right when mistakes happen. Dan and AM wouldn't leave its customers out to dry and gladly give the 6 % discount code to those who qualify.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 5/13/14 at 07:20 PM.
Old 5/13/14, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
No other vendor works harder than Dan or Shane from American Muscle to try and make customers on here happy. Dan, goes 150 % out of his way to make things right for the forum members and customers of AM.

Has anyone even tried to PM Shane or Dan asking for assistance with a situation they are having? I'm guessing, nope! Its just easier to take cheap shots, smack AM around and project negativity on the forum about AM. There are certainly other good mustang part stores out there but AM is at the top and is always my first go to store for my mods.

I also ordered from CJ pony and there good too. I purchased my Boss 302 Strut Tower brace from them because AM was just not able to price match it. No big deal, if you can't, then they can't but I love AM and always roll to them first for my mods.
He told me to PM him after this thread. PM'd him three times and never got a response.

Have a really sour taste in my mouth...
Old 5/13/14, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by narphenal

He told me to PM him after this thread. PM'd him three times and never got a response.

Have a really sour taste in my mouth...
I'm confident Dan will get back with you. I know Dan is going to be attending a huge car show down my way in Ocean City , MD which starts tomorrow. Not sure when he is going down but pretty sure AM doesn't have employees working 24 hours daily and 7 days week.

I know some people live all day and night long on the forums but not everybody does so perhaps Dan doesn't watch the forums when he is off. Plus what other job duties and responsibility's does Dan have at work besides being AM's forum's liaison.
Old 5/13/14, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I'm confident Dan will get back with you. I know Dan is going to be attending a huge car show down my way in Ocean City , MD which starts tomorrow. Not sure when he is going down but pretty sure AM doesn't have employees working 24 hours daily and 7 days week. I know some people live all day and night long on the forums but not everybody does so perhaps Dan doesn't watch the forums when he is off. Plus what other job duties and responsibility's does Dan have at work besides being AM's forum's liaison.
Too bad that was a few weeks ago...
Old 5/13/14, 08:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Agreed, too bad a few weeks ago. Perhaps Dan was out of work that week your talking about. Not saying he was but Dan will not leave you hanging. I'm confident Dan will handle the situation for you!
Old 5/14/14, 06:19 AM
Former Vendor

Thank you for the reply and the code Dan. How long is the code valid? I have already gone a different route for what I was going to order, but If I find something else on the site in the next few month, will this code still work?

I think that what frustrates people the most (it did me) is when we see that you or Shane have posted somewhere on this site while the PM goes unanswered. I know and understand that you can't work all the time and that you have other commitments to attend to and that you can not spend all day everyday looking at internet forums.
Hey Scott,

Yes that code is valid for all of your future orders. You can use that in a week or a month etc.. Definitely let me know what I can do to help. Please drop me an email when you're ready for your next purchase and I'll insure that you're taken care of.

dan.bailer@americanmuscle.com

I completely understand the frustration and I do apologize for that. I do my best to get to everything I possibly can in a single day. Believe me the last thing I want to do is have any customers waiting on something. I'm working on a few other projects and I'm actually out of the office this week on the first Vacation in a long time. So if anything in here goes unanswered by me I do apologize ahead of time. I gave you my email because my phone will be with me!

Hope this helps and clears things up.

-Dan
Old 5/14/14, 06:27 AM
Former Vendor

I really am sorry for the delay. I just looked back into my PM's and located your PM. 2011 Kona Blue is correct. We were prepping and leaving for the 50th Birthday Celebration in Charlotte that week. Not that that is an excuse, because it's not. But unfortunately it slipped through the cracks.

I want nothing more then to make sure you're taken care of. I've sent your information over to my CS team, again and they're going to reach out to you today. I'm going to check with them and get to the bottom of this. Considering you weren't contacted a few weeks ago.

Hang in there. You'll be taken care of and this won't happen again.

-Dan
Old 5/14/14, 06:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Hey Scott,

Yes that code is valid for all of your future orders. You can use that in a week or a month etc.. Definitely let me know what I can do to help. Please drop me an email when you're ready for your next purchase and I'll insure that you're taken care of.

dan.bailer@americanmuscle.com

I completely understand the frustration and I do apologize for that. I do my best to get to everything I possibly can in a single day. Believe me the last thing I want to do is have any customers waiting on something. I'm working on a few other projects and I'm actually out of the office this week on the first Vacation in a long time. So if anything in here goes unanswered by me I do apologize ahead of time. I gave you my email because my phone will be with me!

Hope this helps and clears things up.

-Dan
Dan, you get a vacation? So, you don't actually work 365 days a year, 24-7. Wow. Ha ha ha! You enjoy your vacation bro!