2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Looking for AM Dan or AM Shane

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/14, 10:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for AM Dan or AM Shane

I want to place an order today, could one of you guys please provide me with a forum discount code? Thanks
Old 5/9/14, 11:47 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You should probably send one or both of them a PM; its much more likely that they'll see a private message vs the offchance they are online when your threads are at the top. They've always gotten back to me fairly quickly

Also, sweet avatar and quote lol
Old 5/9/14, 12:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sent them both PM's yesterday, no reply yet, thought I would try a post here and see if that gets their attention. They may be out of the office, or extremely busy.
Thanks. Most don't know either the symbol or the quote.
Old 5/10/14, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Try contacting Jay at hypermotive. If he stocks what you want, chances are he will get you a better deal and way better service.

Jay@Hypermotive
Old 5/10/14, 05:22 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ exactly. Welcome to AM customer service. If it takes them that long to give you a "secret" discount code for a measly 10%, imagine how they're actual customer service is. A year or so ago, I too, tried to "ask" for a discount code… took a week or so for a PM response. I responded back and said thanks but no thanks, already bought my stuff from somewhere else. Be proactive rather than reactive.

With places like hypermotive, you don't even need a code, and you already get an even bigger discount.

Don't waste your time.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/10/14 at 05:24 PM.
Old 5/10/14, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ exactly. Welcome to AM customer service. If it takes them that long to give you a "secret" discount code for a measly 10%, imagine how they're actual customer service is. A year or so ago, I too, tried to "ask" for a discount code… took a week or so for a PM response. I responded back and said thanks but no thanks, already bought my stuff from somewhere else. Be proactive rather than reactive. With places like hypermotive, you don't even need a code, and you already get an even bigger discount. Don't waste your time.
6%****
Old 5/10/14, 05:35 PM
I Have No Life

^ lol… thanks for correcting me… 6%.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/10/14 at 05:38 PM.
Old 5/11/14, 09:29 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^ exactly. Welcome to AM customer service. If it takes them that long to give you a "secret" discount code for a measly 10%, imagine how they're actual customer service is. A year or so ago, I too, tried to "ask" for a discount code… took a week or so for a PM response. I responded back and said thanks but no thanks, already bought my stuff from somewhere else. Be proactive rather than reactive.

With places like hypermotive, you don't even need a code, and you already get an even bigger discount.

Don't waste your time.
Actually I've found AM to have pretty great customer service. Whenever I've actually needed to return or exchange something it gets handled pretty quickly and easily. Obviously everyone will need to decide for themselves as to whether the 6% is enough of a deal for them or not, but the people I've dealt with have all been pretty good.
Old 5/11/14, 09:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by future9er24
Actually I've found AM to have pretty great customer service. Whenever I've actually needed to return or exchange something it gets handled pretty quickly and easily. Obviously everyone will need to decide for themselves as to whether the 6% is enough of a deal for them or not, but the people I've dealt with have all been pretty good.
same here, never had a bad experience with them
Old 5/11/14, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree, my vote goes to Hypermotive.

I find it ridiculous that you have to have a certain number of posts to get a 6% discount.

Plus Jay and the Hypermotive team will do whatever it takes, whenever it takes it, to take care of you. I've talked to Jay at 11 at night before and he's been helpful.
Old 5/11/14, 01:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't waste your time.
Your getting 10%? What the fack bro. I'm getting 6 percent off? Great *****. Your da man Mr. 10%. How many posts do you need for 10%? Ha ha ha

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 5/11/14 at 01:11 PM.
Old 5/12/14, 03:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Okay, went a different route, never mind AM guys.
Really sucks that it is so difficult to get this advertised special. I see what the AM bashing threads have been talking about.
Old 5/12/14, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the TMS/AM forum reps I sent a PM to on 4/24/2014 never replied. So I ended up spending the $6,000 purchase order with another company. Otherwise AM has been a good vendor to deal with for the past 2+ years, and I never had a problem.
Old 5/12/14, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

It's like they don't even care. They have enough customers buying **** off the website, they don't need to worry about a small base of customers in one forum.

I view them the same way I view Wal-Mart...they've got what you need but you feel dirty buying from them. I'd rather support the small guy that gives a **** about EACH customer.
Old 5/12/14, 07:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
It's like they don't even care. They have enough customers buying **** off the website, they don't need to worry about a small base of customers in one forum.

I view them the same way I view Wal-Mart...they've got what you need but you feel dirty buying from them. I'd rather support the small guy that gives a **** about EACH customer.
Omg, ha ha ha ha! Wow!
Old 5/12/14, 10:25 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by silverstate777
One of the TMS/AM forum reps I sent a PM to on 4/24/2014 never replied. So I ended up spending the $6,000 purchase order with another company. Otherwise AM has been a good vendor to deal with for the past 2+ years, and I never had a problem.
Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
It's like they don't even care. They have enough customers buying **** off the website, they don't need to worry about a small base of customers in one forum. I view them the same way I view Wal-Mart...they've got what you need but you feel dirty buying from them. I'd rather support the small guy that gives a **** about EACH customer.
Yep. That's how it is. What's ironic is they're all active on this forum, even today, yet still no response to an actual pm. Sigh. Customers lost...again.
Old 5/13/14, 12:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yep. That's how it is. What's ironic is they're all active on this forum, even today, yet still no response to an actual pm. Sigh. Customers lost...again.
No other vendor works harder than Dan or Shane from American Muscle to try and make customers on here happy. Dan, goes 150 % out of his way to make things right for the forum members and customers of AM.

Has anyone even tried to PM Shane or Dan asking for assistance with a situation they are having? I'm guessing, nope! Its just easier to take cheap shots, smack AM around and project negativity on the forum about AM. There are certainly other good mustang part stores out there but AM is at the top and is always my first go to store for my mods.

I also ordered from CJ pony and there good too. I purchased my Boss 302 Strut Tower brace from them because AM was just not able to price match it. No big deal, if you can't, then they can't but I love AM and always roll to them first for my mods.
Old 5/13/14, 02:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
No other vendor works harder than Dan or Shane from American Muscle to try and make customers on here happy. Dan, goes 150 % out of his way to make things right for the forum members and customers of AM.

Has anyone even tried to PM Shane or Dan asking for assistance with a situation they are having? I'm guessing, nope! Its just easier to take cheap shots, smack AM around and project negativity on the forum about AM. There are certainly other good mustang part stores out there but AM is at the top and is always my first go to store for my mods.

I also ordered from CJ pony and there good too. I purchased my Boss 302 Strut Tower brace from them because AM was just not able to price match it. No big deal, if you can't, then they can't but I love AM and always roll to them first for my mods.
Well said! Never had a problem with AM. It's annoying the way that certain people feel the need to invade every AM thread to hawk HM.
Old 5/13/14, 04:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yes, I PM'd both Dan And Shane with my problem and have not heard anything. I tried to call, but they are in a different location that where the phone gets answered. So, then, I started this thread to try and resolve my issue. I just wanted them to answer the pm. No big deal for me, I'll take my business somewhere that honors their promises. If you are going to advertise a discount, then give that discount. I think that if AM won't answer a request for the code then I can't see as how any of the other customer service will be any better. You only have one chance for a first impression. AM has failed over and over.
Old 5/13/14, 05:04 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
No other vendor works harder than Dan or Shane from American Muscle to try and make customers on here happy. Dan, goes 150 % out of his way to make things right for the forum members and customers of AM. Has anyone even tried to PM Shane or Dan asking for assistance with a situation they are having? I'm guessing, nope! Its just easier to take cheap shots, smack AM around and project negativity on the forum about AM. There are certainly other good mustang part stores out there but AM is at the top and is always my first go to store for my mods. I also ordered from CJ pony and there good too. I purchased my Boss 302 Strut Tower brace from them because AM was just not able to price match it. No big deal, if you can't, then they can't but I love AM and always roll to them first for my mods.
Can you not read what the op just posted he tried to do? Have you also not read what many others have experienced either? And if that's "150%", as you claim, other vendors must give "1500%". Your sense of scale must be severely skewed.

Threads like this pop up for a reason. These aren't just random folks poking at AM for fun. These are annoyed, frustrated, and pissed off customers (including myself) based on experience. What gives you the right to judge my/our experience based on your own?

I chimed in on this thread because I resonated with the op. I had the EXACT same experience with AM with a measly discount code that somehow never appeared in my pm box. Oh sorry, it appeared 1 week later. Too late. This is one terrible experience, of a few others, that I personally had with AM.

So quit assuming things you don't know. You continually troll this forum with your useless rantings. If you do respond to this post, stop referring to me or others as your "bro". I'm not, nor ever will be, your "bro". Please use another term of verbiage to address individuals. It will give you more credibility.

If you love AM, good for you. Just respect other people who don't.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/13/14 at 10:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for AM Dan or AM Shane