Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Locking Gas Cap for our 2010-2014's...

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/14, 03:54 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by 88lx50
I can't say I am really concerned with the warranty on a 12 dollar part. But since it appears to be the same cap, I think it will last for me with the limited use the car sees.
Unless you're like Patrick, who goes through two sets, and has problems with each one. And then he also dropped the keys from the visor to Beneath seat and has to remove the seat to get to it. Holy bad day Batman. Loll loll
Old 8/20/14, 04:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Unless you're like Patrick, who goes through two sets, and has problems with each one. And then he also dropped the keys from the visor to Beneath seat and has to remove the seat to get to it. Holy bad day Batman. Loll loll
It is when your gas light is on and you're at the pump and can't open your fricken fuel door....
Old 8/20/14, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
It is when your gas light is on and you're at the pump and can't open your fricken fuel door....
Old 8/20/14, 06:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
You know have an extra key to worry about and cap to unlock every time you go to get fuel. youre vehicle is garaged no? you are near your vehicle at shows, and nobody does this kind of stuff at shows, not to mention theyd need a special nozzle to pour what ever sugar or milk into the tank. i know you like starting threads but idk i find this pretty irrelevant topic, its a gas cap.... on a ford mustang....
Old 8/20/14, 07:35 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
You know have an extra key to worry about and cap to unlock every time you go to get fuel. youre vehicle is garaged no? you are near your vehicle at shows, and nobody does this kind of stuff at shows, not to mention theyd need a special nozzle to pour what ever sugar or milk into the tank. i know you like starting threads but idk i find this pretty irrelevant topic, its a gas cap.... on a ford mustang....
Hey, folks are chiming in, so some folks have some input.

If you read the entire thread, you'd realize my original questions have already been answered since two days ago. I already have the cap. Installed. 25 bucks. Sounds like "some" folks also have it. Its purpose, or whether or not I'm at shows, or by my car 24/7, or whether I garage it or not, or etc, is irrelevant. I have the cap. It's not coming off. End of story. If you find the topic irrelevant, don't respond or participate in the thread.

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/20/14 at 07:37 PM.
Old 8/20/14, 07:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you ever have anything positive to contribute?
Old 8/20/14, 07:52 PM
Cobra R Member

If you read the entire thread, you'd realize my original questions have already been answered since two days ago. I already have the cap. Installed. 25 bucks. Sounds like "some" folks also have it. Its purpose, or whether or not I'm at shows, or by my car 24/7, or whether I garage it or not, or etc, is irrelevant. I have the cap. It's not coming off. End of story. If you find the topic irrelevant, don't respond or participate in the thread.
Burton I look forward to your threads...no matter how OCD they might be.

Its your money and your property be as paranoid as you want. Also this could help someone in the future get an answer to the same question.
Old 8/20/14, 08:05 PM
Cobra Member

Hey man, what ever keeps you happy.

Originally Posted by rmurer
Do you ever have anything positive to contribute?
funny to know youre still butt hurt from one post i made
Old 8/20/14, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I just picked it up. Smaller than I thought!!! 25 for this. What is this world coming to
I have the same one. No one is pouring anything in my Mustang when I'm not around!

My Ford Edge has the same issue, but I haven't gotten a locking filler cap....
Old 8/20/14, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by puma1552
The only cases I've ever heard of this happening where cases in which someone had a personal vendetta against someone.
I know my driving style some times pisses people off.
Not that I go and cut people off or anything, but I do like to step on it once in a while. And then when I park my car somewhere..... You never know. It is easily recognizable, has a personalized plate... Better safe than sorry.
Old 8/20/14, 10:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
The EXACT reason why I will never need one. I, like Burton, only take the green machine out only on God's perfect days.
Haha, I live in California..... The first year I moved here: come on guys, the weather is good. Let's go outside and do something.... Turned out to be almost every day to be nice weather, and we ran out of ideas on what to do. :-)

I usually only drive the car in the weekends though.
Old 8/20/14, 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by silverstate777
The OEM Ford locking cap comes with a two-year warranty, what about the Stant? (This could be important for those owners who are having difficulty with their crappy caps. )
Just like the tunes, from FRP right ;-)
Old 8/20/14, 11:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I enjoyed reading about the gas cap lock. And, I bought one for my car as cheap insurance. My Infiniti had a locking flap but that didn't stop some a$$hole from nearly draining my tank one night while in my driveway. Didn't even have the decency to close it afterward!

What I find weird is that Burton is supposed to be OCD and I would have figured he would have known about every feature, every nut and bolt on that car...and cleaned them! But not to know about the non-locking flap...or the location of the gas funnel?

Hey Burton! Where's the fuel pump reset button?

That ought to drive him crazy! Ha!
Old 8/21/14, 05:42 AM
I Have No Life

Burton I look forward to your threads...no matter how OCD they might be. Its your money and your property be as paranoid as you want. Also this could help someone in the future get an answer to the same question.
Russ, I appreciate your input. Thank you.

And yes, those were my thoughts. Judging from the traffic and responses on this thread, it appears it IS beneficial and informative to some folks. If so, then I was not only able to help myself, but others in the process. And that's the whole purpose of this forum and our community.

Originally Posted by Plim
I have the same one. No one is pouring anything in my Mustang when I'm not around! My Ford Edge has the same issue, but I haven't gotten a locking filler cap....
Very nice pascal. You like yours too? Any issues?

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
I enjoyed reading about the gas cap lock. And, I bought one for my car as cheap insurance. My Infiniti had a locking flap but that didn't stop some a$$hole from nearly draining my tank one night while in my driveway. Didn't even have the decency to close it afterward! What I find weird is that Burton is supposed to be OCD and I would have figured he would have known about every feature, every nut and bolt on that car...and cleaned them! But not to know about the non-locking flap...or the location of the gas funnel? Hey Burton! Where's the fuel pump reset button? That ought to drive him crazy! Ha!
I know I am so ashamed, because it's something I should have checked out from day one. Shame on me for "assuming" that Ford would have a default setting that locked the gas door (not flap) when the car is locked. Apparently I was very wrong. Enter this thread.

Solution? Locking gas cap.

Now that's outta the way, where is that fuel pump reset switch????

Hahahahaha

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/21/14 at 05:46 AM.
Old 8/21/14, 07:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Hey man, what ever keeps you happy.

funny to know youre still butt hurt from one post i made
Dude the word is you're, back to school for you.
Old 8/21/14, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Dude the word is you're, back to school for you.
Old 8/21/14, 07:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I saw a Jeep Wrangler on the way home and thought about this thread - Wranglers have exposed gas caps that aren't even covered by a gas door like ours are...do they have lots of problems with people messing with their tanks?
Old 8/21/14, 08:13 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kylerohde
I saw a Jeep Wrangler on the way home and thought about this thread - Wranglers have exposed gas caps that aren't even covered by a gas door like ours are...do they have lots of problems with people messing with their tanks?
Lol... No one cares about jeeps. But mustangs, people get jelly!
Old 8/21/14, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Plim
I know my driving style some times pisses people off.
Not that I go and cut people off or anything, but I do like to step on it once in a while. And then when I park my car somewhere..... You never know. It is easily recognizable, has a personalized plate... Better safe than sorry.
Do you really think if someone was going after you to cause your engine harm and they snuck up and noticed you had a locking gas cap they would walk away like " Gee shucks, he has a locking gas cap"
Old 8/21/14, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Toad 185
Do you really think if someone was going after you to cause your engine harm and they snuck up and noticed you had a locking gas cap they would walk away like " Gee shucks, he has a locking gas cap"
Don't know.... But I know you're not going to put anything in my gas tank. And that makes me feel a lot better. Therefor it was $21 well spent !

Quick Reply: Locking Gas Cap for our 2010-2014's...