Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A little perspective. . .

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/10, 05:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little perspective. . .

Many of us who have ordered are upset that our cars have been delayed. We're out a really sweet ride we wanted to have sooner rather than later. We know it will come... some day. But we'd like it now given all the other ones arriving at dealers.

But...

Imagine being a DEALER with cars on order and the Memorial Day weekend coming up (a pretty big weekend for car sales.)

Ford isn't helping them either and in terms of revenue and floor traffic, it could be a much bigger impact to them (although not necessarily significant given the diverse product line.)

I feel bad for the really good dealers/sales people. And no matter WHICH dealers are/are not getting us information, none of them are getting cars any faster -- and arguably, information. KC, Paul, Jeff... they've all been pretty silent here lately. Probably following the "don't fuel the fire and you'll keep from getting burned" mantra.
Old 5/24/10, 05:35 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Luckily, some dealers already have some Mustangs in stock. The dealer I picked up my CS from has a GT500 with SVT package, 2 GT's and something like 8 V6's sitting on the lot waiting to be bought. Another local dealer has a few GT's in stock and probably more V6's. They even took an auto GT with Brembos out to the drags during a shootout and got quite a bit of attention with it!
Old 5/24/10, 08:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mustang is historically one of our best selling "cars" at our dealership. We've been a full-line SVT dealership since day one (starting with the '93 Cobras). In normal times, Fusions and Mustangs are great sellers for us. So, to have no Mustangs arriving any time soon is a killer. I stopped ordering new 2010 Mustangs last summer in anticipation of the all-new 5.0L so we wouldn't get stuck with lots of leftover 4.6L's. So, there's not much happening revenue wise to the OP's point.

Luckily, we're still getting/selling tons of trucks/crossovers, so it's not too bad for us. Focus, Fusion, Escape, and F-150 are the strong sellers now. Sure would love to get all those '11 Mustangs arriving, though.