Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Keep or sell Brembo/track package wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/13, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Keep or sell Brembo/track package wheels?

Sitting at my local tire shop here waiting for my Jeep valve stem to be repaired and I am thinking about wheel setups for my new mustang. I am going to get a set of 18" wheels as a track setup for sure what I am not sure of is whether I want to keep the stock brembo wheels for daily driving, since I do like them, or immediately sell them while they are in pristine condition and pick up an additional set of 18's with high tread wear tires for my daily driving...

Is there a good market for stock Brembo package wheels in brand new condition with tires in brand new condition too? I like 18" setups best so I am thinking if I cold get good $ for my OEM setup I might sell right away...
Old 6/1/13, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Sitting at my local tire shop here waiting for my Jeep valve stem to be repaired and I am thinking about wheel setups for my new mustang. I am going to get a set of 18" wheels as a track setup for sure what I am not sure of is whether I want to keep the stock brembo wheels for daily driving, since I do like them, or immediately sell them while they are in pristine condition and pick up an additional set of 18's with high tread wear tires for my daily driving...

Is there a good market for stock Brembo package wheels in brand new condition with tires in brand new condition too? I like 18" setups best so I am thinking if I cold get good $ for my OEM setup I might sell right away...
I would keep both sets. Im from jersey so we get pretty cold winters. I plan on getting a set of wheels and summer tires for spring/summer and a set of winter tires for the brembo wheels and just switch them when the seasons change. Just something to think about.
Old 6/1/13, 11:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

My options would be keep brembo wheels and get my set of 18's as well or sell and buy 2 sets of 18" wheels and tires. I tend to accumulate wheels so I will never have fewer than 2 sets, just a matter of what makes the most sense money wise and looks... I'm not sure what I could get for the brembo wheels/tires in brand new condition
Old 6/1/13, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Brembo wheels are gorgeous. I wish someone would make a wider version for the rear.
Old 6/1/13, 01:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
I think the Brembo wheels are gorgeous. I wish someone would make a wider version for the rear.
I wish they were 18" - cheaper tires, less rotational inertia... but I agree that they look fantastic.

If I could get $1500 for the setup though I could pick up 2 sets of used wheels and a set of tires probably...
Old 6/1/13, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels

Don't you need 19's for the Brembos to fit?
Old 6/1/13, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am pretty sure the 18" SVT rims clear the Brembos.
Old 6/2/13, 01:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
I am pretty sure the 18" SVT rims clear the Brembos.
Yup... if it fits a gt500...... It'll fit a brembo car. Same brakes.
Old 6/2/13, 02:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by joey8
I would keep both sets. Im from jersey so we get pretty cold winters. I plan on getting a set of wheels and summer tires for spring/summer and a set of winter tires for the brembo wheels and just switch them when the seasons change. Just something to think about.
I recommend this also. Use those stock wheels for your winter tires.
Old 6/2/13, 09:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa

I recommend this also. Use those stock wheels for your winter tires.
Normally I would agree but this car won't see winter weather that's what the jeep is for.
Old 6/2/13, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Don't you need 19's for the Brembos to fit?
this is what I thought as well
Old 6/2/13, 07:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by IronHorse
this is what I thought as well
Nope, they fit under 18's