Exclamation June 2011 Mustang Sales Figure

Delivery (sales) Stats:

Mustang June 2011 Deliveries (actual sales): 8,835

Compared to Competition:

Camaro sold 8,486 units in June 2011.
Challenger sold units3,384 in June 2011

Old 7/1/11 | 02:40 PM
Cobra R Member

That's pretty sweet!! Pretty cool, I usually never open these links. 1 I do, we are on top.
Old 7/1/11 | 03:20 PM
MOTM Committee Member

diff numbers posted in this thread... https://themustangsource.com/f726/mu...-sales-497094/
Old 7/2/11 | 12:51 AM
GT Member

That one is last years figure
Old 7/2/11 | 12:55 AM
Post *****

Wow!

To think 8,486 people who probably couldn't tell the difference between their a$$ and a hole in the ground.

Old 7/2/11 | 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

How come the Challenger doesnt sell more units? Its got great style but I am suprised that very few sells.
Old 7/2/11 | 08:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

you know what stats i would love to see, AVG transaction price per unit and AVG gross margin per unit. I would be willing to bet that even though ford has sold less total mustang units than the new camaro, they have made almost as much revenue and about the same profit.

I know this is definitely proprietary data and cannot be had but still i think it would make for some interesting analysis
Old 7/2/11 | 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Joe_in_Naples
How come the Challenger doesnt sell more units? Its got great style but I am suprised that very few sells.
im thinking it's more chrysler/dodge in general....

i like to take walks at night and live near automall...was just there last night...

gm-(not at automall put on way home) fair number people...looking at cruze
ford-had good number of people and all were looking at the fiesta and focus...only a few mustangs and they where parked towards back of lot (go figure?)
toyota-it's always full of people (used to always be top dog here)
honda-second most people
hyundia-far and away the most people...(use to be toyota)
lexus,bmw,infinity,audi,jaguar-few people,but they looked to be buying and have $$$
chrysler/dodge-nothing,nobody...im the only person...and this is pretty big dealership...nice purple model right in front...not even a person inside...guess different elsewhere,but i have no idea how this dealership makes $$$....place is just always empty....
Old 7/6/11 | 04:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Joe_in_Naples
For the average consumer, as tom_vilsak points out, Ford and Chevy's overall lineup, especially on the bottom end, is better and has more offerings, so Dodge just doesn't get the foot traffic that the other big two do, so there are probably few impulse buyers of Challengers. As for the enthusiasts, there are a lot more Ford and Chevy fans compared to Mopar fans. It also doesn't help that the Challenger is usually last in terms of performance and that there is a perception, albeit a false one, that it is a significantly more expensive vehicle than either the Mustang or the Camaro.
Old 7/6/11 | 10:55 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by xlover
you know what stats i would love to see, AVG transaction price per unit and AVG gross margin per unit. I would be willing to bet that even though ford has sold less total mustang units than the new camaro, they have made almost as much revenue and about the same profit.

I know this is definitely proprietary data and cannot be had but still i think it would make for some interesting analysis
Sure, the car has been around for nearly 10 years and sold like crazy when it was the only pony car going (more than double Ford's prediction as I recall) The amortized costs for the S-197 are probably next to nil and its one of the reasons we've seen the interior, chassis and powertrain upgrades on the 2010+ cars.

Had the Mustang not been such a huge success early on we would have probably seen only incremental upgrades to this point with the major changes like the powertrain and interior reserved for the next gen car.