Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

JLT intake

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/09, 10:30 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JLT intake

Hey I saw this info on another forum so i thought i would bring it over to this one. Looks like there is some power to extract out of swapping intakes and doing a little tuning. I know when they release this i will be very interested in getting one. Here is the link http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/in...roducts_id=220
Old 9/9/09, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can't wait for all the CAI's to make there way onto the market!
Old 9/9/09, 03:32 PM

Wonder how the bigger JLT would work on my 05
Old 9/9/09, 04:30 PM
GT Member

JLT said they were gonna make a new version for the 05-09 guys. I forgot to tell you that today Steve
Old 9/9/09, 04:37 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always did like the look of a carbon intake, but not enough to warrant buying a new one. It looks good though! Those are some nice gains.
Old 9/9/09, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Branman
JLT said they were gonna make a new version for the 05-09 guys. I forgot to tell you that today Steve
Cool maybe I'll switch to the bigger unit when I get cams
Old 9/9/09, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
I always did like the look of a carbon intake, but not enough to warrant buying a new one. It looks good though! Those are some nice gains.
Thats is just one of the intakes they will offer. You can get a standard style if you want. They even paint them to match your car.
Old 9/9/09, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

This just made my day! I've been dying for the '10 intakes to start coming out. That is more of a gain than I was expecting to see.
Old 9/9/09, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I just noticed in the pic the power steering reservoir is moved to the front like the 05-09's. I hope installing this intake won't take that much work!

Edit: No sound tube either. Think I might have to wait a little longer for something different.

JLT

Mine

Last edited by ksguy73; 9/9/09 at 07:21 PM.
Old 9/9/09, 07:31 PM
GT Member

I found this also. Looks like roush will be releasing one very soon also. I dont think the maf housing is much bigger though. Thats where JLT is getting the power from. Here is the link for the roush one, I think you will like this one better http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro..._Shipping.html
Old 9/9/09, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Branman
I found this also. Looks like roush will be releasing one very soon also. I dont think the maf housing is much bigger though. Thats where JLT is getting the power from. Here is the link for the roush one, I think you will like this one better http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro..._Shipping.html
That's more like it. I wonder what kind of gains they will get out of this one. I have been searching almost daily for intakes for the '10 and always come up with nothing. Thanks for the links!
Old 9/9/09, 07:43 PM

Guess people will have to decide if they rather have power or the stupid sound tube.
Old 9/9/09, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slightly off topic, but I have always wondered what is up with the '10 Stock "Cold Air Intake". It looks pretty darn similar to the 05-09 design. I have even opened up one and looked inside, and it STILL looks VERY similar. What gives??
Old 9/9/09, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by theedge67
Slightly off topic, but I have always wondered what is up with the '10 Stock "Cold Air Intake". It looks pretty darn similar to the 05-09 design. I have even opened up one and looked inside, and it STILL looks VERY similar. What gives??
I wondered the same thing. Even side by side they look very similar
Old 9/9/09, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Spedly
Guess people will have to decide if they rather have power or the stupid sound tube.
It's not so much that as the bunched up factory sound tube tied up on the fenderwell. I want all my mods to look clean. Granted the power from that JLT unit is awesome!

Originally Posted by theedge67
The only thing I have noticed that is really different is there's a tube on the bottom left side of the air box that runs up next to the headlight to let the cold air in. I don't have a good pic to show it but it is there.
Old 9/9/09, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

I thought the old stock airboxes had a tube that ran to the same area for air. I could be wrong though, it has been some time since I have had the stock piece on my car.
Old 9/10/09, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by ksguy73
It's not so much that as the bunched up factory sound tube tied up on the fenderwell. I want all my mods to look clean. Granted the power from that JLT unit is awesome!

The only thing I have noticed that is really different is there's a tube on the bottom left side of the air box that runs up next to the headlight to let the cold air in. I don't have a good pic to show it but it is there.
Take it of at the other end
Old 9/10/09, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Spedly
I'd rather have both.
Old 9/10/09, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

As I understand it the 05-09 airbox's drew in air through a tube that pulled in air from the fender. On the 10 models that same tube is positioned so that is pulls in air from the front fender, which is a few degrees cooler than the air coming from the fender. Supposedly this allows them to make the tune slightly more aggressive to gain the extra 15 horses.
Old 9/10/09, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
I'd rather have both.
Ditto. The new stock intake works a lot better than the 05-09 unit, and Ford's implementation of the sound tunnel shows that unlike most other car companies, they paid attention to that detail, whatever the outcome. (A detail, I might add, that most anti-sound-tube people would be b!tching about if they hadn't. You can't please some people. It's a good thing these cars survive pretty well. That way they can stay with what they got and shut up.)

Quick Reply: JLT intake