Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Jizzed

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/10, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Just played around with the Ford B&P site. The only stripe option for Kona with the SVTPP is Red/white. Don't know how I feel about that...

It's the all-American color combo!
Old 5/8/10, 11:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Eci, is this your car you said you ordered?
Old 5/9/10, 08:16 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I would never be able to afford a car at this price. If i could, in time i believe the stripes would grow on me like the rear-end of the 2010 Mustang did after a few weeks. I also didn't like the V-6 Pony Package wheels, but after seeing several pictures and video's of the wheels, i really like them and can't wait for my Mustang. If it will ever leave 'Ramp 51' LOL!!!
Old 5/9/10, 09:22 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by David Young
.........in time i believe the stripes would grow on me like the rear-end of the 2010 Mustang did...........
Just a side note in general.

I don't think styling is 'right' if it has to 'grow' on you. While some have grown to like the '10/11 rear end, many have not and are firmly entrenched against it (and ticked at Ford). Great styling is not controversial.

Whereas when I first saw Bullitt, I had to try and pull one off. I had no business spending 30k at the time but I was/am mesmerized and immediately starting working my creative financing magic. Credit card in hand, within 3 weeks of first seeing one (on the internet), I was ordering one to be built just for me on 12.6.07. I had never even driven a Mustang in my life. Never drove the B until I had signed the papers and it was mine.

That's what good styling (& features) does. Just like Gen 1 did that fateful day on 4.17 46 years ago.
People had to have one.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/9/10 at 09:25 AM.
Old 5/9/10, 09:47 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Just a side note in general.

I don't think styling is 'right' if it has to 'grow' on you. While some have grown to like the '10/11 rear end, many have not and are firmly entrenched against it (and ticked at Ford). Great styling is not controversial.

Whereas when I first saw Bullitt, I had to try and pull one off. I had no business spending 30k at the time but I was/am mesmerized and immediately starting working my creative financing magic. Credit card in hand, within 3 weeks of first seeing one (on the internet), I was ordering one to be built just for me on 12.6.07. I had never even driven a Mustang in my life. Never drove the B until I had signed the papers and it was mine.

That's what good styling (& features) does. Just like Gen 1 did that fateful day on 4.17 46 years ago.
People had to have one.

I have to disagree with you on this one. There are both things that you immediately want and are drawn to, and there are others that you see, and after several different perspectives and more time around them, you like them. Think of it as a snowball rolling down a hill. If it peaks your interest to start, and then you see it more and more and begin to like it, it grows. Nothing wrong with either way of liking something. Sometimes, letting it grow on you means that it's a more practical way of liking things. Just my $.02
Old 5/9/10, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eci
True. I plan on removing them myself. Reason is I want the striped seats.
Same here...I was going to go stripe delete but thought the stripes on the seats were essential. Should be under $500 to have the stripes replaced. Mitch
Old 5/9/10, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
The car is sick - stripes look like sh*t - sums it up nicely
I completely agree.
Old 5/9/10, 10:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Hmmm I like the way the stripe looks myself. In truth, they could lose the stripe on the Quarter-panel and just have GT500 there IMO.
Old 5/9/10, 02:23 PM
Cobra Member

that is exactly what I would order
Old 5/9/10, 03:18 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by eci
That car btw is the best performing Mustang that Ford has ever produced. All you guys can come up with it you hate the stripes?

LOL
+1 for ECI

Beautiful car - if I had an extra $20K I would have got this one instead of the 2011 GT. Black with red stripes, my favourite color combo by far.

Last edited by financialpanther; 5/9/10 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 5/9/10, 03:23 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eci
That car btw is the best performing Mustang that Ford has ever produced. All you guys can come up with it you hate the stripes?

LOL
Isn't that a good thing?