Search this Thread

Old 2/2/11, 05:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation January 2011 Mustang Sales Figures

Delivery (sales) Stats:
Mustang January 2011 Deliveries (actual sales): 3,165

Compared to Competition:
Camaro sold 4,763 units in January 2011.
Challenger sold 2,526 units in January 2011.

Last edited by Enator; 2/2/11 at 05:58 AM.
Old 2/2/11, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

kool thanks
Old 2/2/11, 08:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ouch, I figured the new engines would have put the Mustang back on top.
Old 2/2/11, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Gotta remember they launched the Camaro Vert for the Bow Tie crowd so its been a long time since they could get a drop top
I'm guessing that most every midsized dealer and above ordered one just as a showroom queen you cant sit in without a deposit like when the new gen came out a few yrs back or maybe it was just around here they didnt let anyone under 30 sit in it without parental approval !! LOL jk

Last edited by rodmoe; 2/2/11 at 08:15 AM.
Old 2/2/11, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Ouch, I figured the new engines would have put the Mustang back on top.
412 vs 426, though I wonder how many notice that's only the SS Manual while the Automatic only gets 400.

Originally Posted by rodmoe
Gotta remember they launched the Camaro Vert for the Bow Tie crowd so its been a long time since they could get a drop top
Maybe they got people to double-dip. Buy a hardtop to tide them over until the convertibles came out. Brilliant!
Old 2/2/11, 08:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Lancel
412 vs 426, though I wonder how many notice that's only the SS Manual while the Automatic only gets 400.

Maybe they got people to double-dip. Buy a hardtop to tide them over until the convertibles came out. Brilliant!

We know that 412 in the Stang outperforms the 426 in the Camaro. It's a lot better than the previous 315 vs 426.
Old 2/2/11, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
We know that 412 in the Stang outperforms the 426 in the Camaro. It's a lot better than the previous 315 vs 426.
There you go doing "thorough research" again!

No, seriously, I kinda feel like it may be more marketing. The new engines really weren't talked about, unlike on the F-150, and about the only thing Ford really advertised was "305 HP/31 MPG" over and over again. It would be nice if we had figures on V6 vs V8 sales for each one to see how that worked out for Ford. Back when I was shopping the Camaro only had a hardtop, no nav, and no gear options, while the Mustang was bursting to the brim with them. I personally think that should have been taken advantage of more, as that was a big plus in my book being able to basically tailor one, and it very clearly marks another advantage for the Mustang, the MPG advantage is just icing on the cake.

I think the reviews speak for themselves, but on paper the difference appears subtle in performance specs, and you hear plenty of people complain about the lack of independent rear wheel suspension, even though the reviewers say this live axle puts some of those setups to shame.
Old 2/2/11, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

Personally I wish the mustang sold less, so there would be fewer out there, as long as Ford would continue to throw money at the mustang.

Sales numbers don't matter to us, often times the best thing doesn't sell the best. Toyota products are boring as can be and sell like no other, doesn't make me want a toyota.
Old 2/2/11, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the Mustang, and am ordering one, but I still think a truly objective viewpoint can shed the most light on everything. I do get enthusiastic about the mustang, but I do not want this to cloud my judgement and be unfair.

I think for me when I was first trying to decide between the 3 cars, I saw all 3 before making up my mind. What I initially was thinking was that the Mustang was nice, but that the design had been around for long enough that it might be nice to have a newer looking fresh approach. The Challenger looked amazing inside and out, but did not really drive like what I felt a muscle car should. The Camaro had a newer design and amazing performance relative to the challenger, but I did not like the quality of the interior or the lack of visibility. If there had been no Mustang, I am sure that I would have probably forced myself to overlook the bad points because of the good ones. The Mustang was the last of the 3 that I saw. Even though I drove the v6 Mustang and the v8 challenger, the mustang still was so much faster and meaner, despite having 2 less cylinders. I was extremely impressed by the looks and the quality of everything on the mustang, and I really did like the interior and retro styling better than the Camaro's newer styling.

I think that for many, the Camaro is the new toy on the block that is still a bit of a curiosity that the other kids want to play with. New styling can be much more of a draw if done right. There are flaws with the Camaro, but I do feel that many are drawn to the newer look of the Camaro. No matter how good the Mustang is, it is very similar to all of the others produced since 2005, and somewhat similar to all the Mustangs after the Fox body. This does turn some people off. Honestly, I see so many of the 95 models that I had gotten ready for something new. When I saw the Mustang in person, I was amazed at everything, but I think some people just will pick newer styling over retro. Until the Mustang gets its 50th anniversary redesign, I think that even with better performance and better craftsmanship inside and out, it still will will have a hard time against the inferior Camaro. As much as it might alienate some of the base, a newer updated look done right will sell more cars. If we keep the craftsmanship, improve performance, lose some weight, and have a well thought out newer design, then the Mustang will certainly trounce the Camaro once again.
Old 2/2/11, 01:03 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From other articles, the slide in cars was offset by an increase in truck sales. So maybe the consumer is slowing but businesses are opening up their wallets a bit more?

Feb. 1, 2011, 12:10 p.m. EST
Ford January U.S. sales rise 13.3%

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Ford Motor Co. (F 15.35, -0.54, -3.40%) on Tuesday reported a 13.3% rise in January U.S. sales to 127,317 cars and trucks as a surge in retail business more than made up for a big reduction in fleet sales. Car sales moved fractionally lower, as a result of the move away from rental-car customers, while trucks picked up the slack with a 24.6% increase. The top-selling F-Series pickup reported a 29.6% improvement to 35,806 vehicles
From a technical standpoint, looks like next support is in the mid $14's.

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/25/11 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2/2/11, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Until the Mustang gets its 50th anniversary redesign, I think that even with better performance and better craftsmanship inside and out, it still will will have a hard time against the inferior Camaro. As much as it might alienate some of the base, a newer updated look done right will sell more cars. If we keep the craftsmanship, improve performance, lose some weight, and have a well thought out newer design, then the Mustang will certainly trounce the Camaro once again.
I think you might be right about that. The Mustang has a bit of a disadvantage with the car being roughly the same as it was in 2005, and the 2005 did sell well. Maybe that's Toyota's secret, just make it go and look pretty. I guess someone out there must like how a Camry looks.
Old 2/2/11, 09:11 PM
V6 Member

All I care about is Ford, GM, and Chrysler making a profit, and Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers being profitable to make.

Not to say that the charts aren’t interesting!
Old 2/25/11, 03:54 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
From a technical standpoint, looks like next support is in the mid $14's.
Called that one! Now we'll see if it holds as support going forward.

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/25/11 at 04:00 PM.
Old 2/25/11, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went in at $16 However long term I still think Ford is a good value.