2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

It's over just like that

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/10, 01:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,520 Likes on 1,039 Posts
Be glad you have a garage and something else to drive for the winter, I will be driving mine snow or no snow, salt or no salt.

Luckily the ground is still bare here in New England, but that will change soon.
Old 12/15/10, 02:39 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by db2797
ha...come live here in Rochester NY right in the middle of a snow belt...we'll show you winter...haha. I've been sledding in my Mustang in the 40 inches of snow we've already gotten in Dec. We average well over a 100 inches a year...no avoiding snow here. Might as well live with it and enjoy it.

btw...I've been driving mine in massive snow with just the stock tires. This thing handles unbelievably well. I'm actually quite shocked really.

I've seen one Mustang on the road since mid Nov. Must be you I thought was nuts. Good to here the car handles it.
Old 12/15/10, 03:51 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took mine out last night on snowy roads to top the gas tank off. I won't be driving it much over the next few months, so it needed a full tank. I needed a fresh pair of drawers after that experience.
Old 12/15/10, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fire512
And don't forget the mods.
You know me too well.
Old 12/15/10, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
My garage is under the house, set up with Floor drains and Hot water for the all important winter car washes. If it get to cold I light up the wood stove and wait a little bit to warm up
Thats a nice setup.
Old 12/15/10, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Magnamover
I've seen one Mustang on the road since mid Nov. Must be you I thought was nuts. Good to here the car handles it.
lol...I just might be. Everybody I work with thinks I'm crazy too...haha. Actually, I had an Elantra before this and that car handled absolutely horrific in the snow. I dreaded driving in the snow with it. I don't what it's deal was, but it wouldn't accelerate, wouldn't turn...wouldn't do anything period. This car feels like an awd in the snow.
Old 12/16/10, 01:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I decided to not let winters stop me from driving the car that I am making payments on along with full coverage insurance. If I can't make it in the snow with winter tires then I am not willing to pay the money these days for such a car. It may be painful to see it dirty in the winter but it's nothing a good detail twice a year and a few winter car washes with underbody spray in between can't restore. It will get pampered and waxed all summer anyhow. Clear Bra also in the front, mirrors, door grip area, and behind wheels etc. will give good protection against the elements and chips.
Old 12/16/10, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I haven't seen my Shelby in about 3 weeks now... We haven't had any real snow in NYC yet, and no Salt trucks, but them **** Goodyears don't do anything under 45 degrees with all that Torque.
Old 12/16/10, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

What is this thing called SNOW? I live in florida SUNNY and HOT on a good day SUNNY and HOTTER on a bad. On those chilly winter days ( 40's) My mustang is in heaven!!!!