Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

It's over just like that

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/10, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's over just like that

Well here in Southern NY flurries were forecasted no accumulation. Woke up this morning and there was a little less than inch on the ground. Started shoveling thinking to myself I can still take the car out this weekend it will be sunny as long as they don't throw salt you will be ok. Then I heard it.......the rumble of a city truck with tire chains coming over the crest of the hill. The sound of the salt being ricocheted off all objects in it's path made me sick to my stomach. Just like that, it's all over but the crying. I guess all that's left is to wipe it down and put the charger and cover on it till next year.

Depressed and overly dramatic

Paul
Old 12/14/10, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I feel your pain. I'm still waiting for my car to get enough miles for it's first oil change. Don't know when that will happen now since I'm not driving it everyday.
Old 12/14/10, 05:11 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Consider yourself lucky! We've been buried since the middle of november and it just won't quit. I just wish it were warm enough for the salt to actually work.
Old 12/14/10, 05:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
Well here in Southern NY flurries were forecasted no accumulation. Woke up this morning and there was a little less than inch on the ground. Started shoveling thinking to myself I can still take the car out this weekend it will be sunny as long as they don't throw salt you will be ok. Then I heard it.......the rumble of a city truck with tire chains coming over the crest of the hill. The sound of the salt being ricocheted off all objects in it's path made me sick to my stomach. Just like that, it's all over but the crying. I guess all that's left is to wipe it down and put the charger and cover on it till next year.

Depressed and overly dramatic

Paul
What's life without a little drama? Sorry to hear it, Paul, but you'll be back out there soon enough. In the meantime I'll make a full throttle run or two here and there for ya.
Old 12/14/10, 05:41 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
We got around an inch of snow where i live. The salt trucks can really throw the salt very hard, i'm sorry to hear about your Mustang being hit with salt. I hope it didn't put any dings

Last edited by David Young; 12/14/10 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12/14/10, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

been like that for a week for me... nothing worse than seeing those trucks out.
Old 12/14/10, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Don't feel so bad my car is still buried somewhere near the twin cities waiting for a truck to bring it east the 200 miles from cottage grove rail station
But soon enough i am sure it will show up
Old 12/14/10, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Consider yourself lucky! We've been buried since the middle of november and it just won't quit. I just wish it were warm enough for the salt to actually work.
I think I would go crazy. As I'm getting older I don't like the cold weather I can see why people go to Florida and Arizona when they retire.

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
What's life without a little drama? Sorry to hear it, Paul, but you'll be back out there soon enough. In the meantime I'll make a full throttle run or two here and there for ya.
Please think of me as you have the pedal pinned to the floor board

Originally Posted by David Young
We got around an inch of snow where i live. The salt trucks can reall throw the salt very hard, i'm sorry to hear about your Mustang being hit with salt. I hope it didn't put any dings
No my car was in the garage But everything in it's path was pelted. So no dings for me.
Old 12/14/10, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 554 Likes on 360 Posts
Sorry to hear you missed the weekend Cruise Paul, Since mine is my DD also I will think about you when I am washing the Salt off of mine
Old 12/14/10, 06:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
68 and sunny here today, supposed to be upper 70's tomorrow and thursday.

You all can keep all that white stuff up there...
Old 12/14/10, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Sorry to hear you missed the weekend Cruise Paul, Since mine is my DD also I will think about you when I am washing the Salt off of mine
It's gonna be a long winter in NY. I'm glad I can live through you guys over the winter.

Friggin 15 degrees with 10 mph winds I might as well be in Alaska!

This is Jan Feb weather. Man am I bitter.
Old 12/14/10, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ha...come live here in Rochester NY right in the middle of a snow belt...we'll show you winter...haha. I've been sledding in my Mustang in the 40 inches of snow we've already gotten in Dec. We average well over a 100 inches a year...no avoiding snow here. Might as well live with it and enjoy it.

btw...I've been driving mine in massive snow with just the stock tires. This thing handles unbelievably well. I'm actually quite shocked really.
Old 12/14/10, 07:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It's gonna be a long winter in NY. I'm glad I can live through you guys over the winter.

Friggin 15 degrees with 10 mph winds I might as well be in Alaska!

This is Jan Feb weather. Man am I bitter.
I live in the south, it is 19 here right now. Has not been above 26 in the last couple of days. And since it is 13 in Anchorage right now, I think they are sharing way to much up north
Old 12/14/10, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I know the snow gods are reading this and I will pay, but here in Western South Dakota the temps have been up and no snow. It was 54 yesterday, and today 51. I have been driving every day, with sunshine and blue sky. I cannot believe it. The Eastern side of the state is buried. We were actually warmer then places in Florida this morning.

I took her out for a drive today, and then washed her and put her in the garage as we may get freezing rain tonight, and a high of 29 tomorrow

I have been thankful for every day this month. It has been great.
Old 12/14/10, 08:13 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I guess somebody's got to live up north. Better you than me.

There's always next spring.

I'll row through some gears tomorrow for you.
Old 12/14/10, 08:16 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I know the snow gods are reading this and I will pay, but here in Western South Dakota the temps have been up and no snow. It was 54 yesterday, and today 51. I have been driving every day, with sunshine and blue sky. I cannot believe it. The Eastern side of the state is buried. We were actually warmer then places in Florida this morning.

I took her out for a drive today, and then washed her and put her in the garage as we may get freezing rain tonight, and a high of 29 tomorrow

I have been thankful for every day this month. It has been great.

Send it this way!!
Old 12/14/10, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

You're not alone, we've had two snow storms so far, winter got up to a pretty rough start this year, and must say this is very unusual whether for this time of the year, cold too, should go down to about 10 degrees overnight. My 'Stang season definately is over. This is a sad moment, bare with us all Northern residents.
Old 12/15/10, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just bought a garage heater so I can still work on it and clean it over the winter.
Old 12/15/10, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Just bought a garage heater so I can still work on it and clean it over the winter.
And don't forget the mods.
Old 12/15/10, 10:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

My garage is under the house, set up with Floor drains and Hot water for the all important winter car washes. If it get to cold I light up the wood stove and wait a little bit to warm up