2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I routinely punish myself with black cars

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/11, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I routinely punish myself with black cars

But oh do they look sexy clean! This is my third black mustang, 5th black car. There was also a dark blue corvette in there. I'm gonna need elbow replacements!

Crappy iPhone pic.

Fortunately the Klaase sealant glaze I put on the car when I purchased it really helps repel dirt and grime.
Old 5/21/11, 01:04 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep, gotta love a black Mustang. And I certainly love yours!
Old 5/21/11, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks good, can't wait to see some more pics.
Old 5/21/11, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FCMalie
Looks good, can't wait to see some more pics.
I've been needing to pull my good camera out for a while. I've been scouting a couple junk yards around my area to do some grunge stuff with. I'll be sure to post them up.

Here's a "proper" picture of a black mustang. Took this shortly before I traded the car for my '11

Old 5/21/11, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice, I pick up my 12 in about a week and a half(should at least). Can't wait to clean it up and get some good pics.
Old 5/21/11, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice, I pick up my 12 in about a week and a half(should at least). Can't wait to clean it up and get some good pics.
Literally as soon as you get that car, put a layer of Klaase on it. You'll thank yourself.

I like to dilute the klaase at a 1:1 ratio with water in a spray bottle. Makes applying the product easier as you want to apply it VERY thin. Allow the product to set for about half an hour then buff clean.

The stuff dries about as hard as iron and it really creates a deep shine that you can add wax on top of to taste. Though not necessary as it's a mineral/uv protectant.

If you allow the paint to get too dirty before application though you'll want to do a claybar treatment and cleaner wax before applying the sealant glaze.
Old 5/21/11, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jlmounce
Literally as soon as you get that car, put a layer of Klaase on it. You'll thank yourself.

I like to dilute the klaase at a 1:1 ratio with water in a spray bottle. Makes applying the product easier as you want to apply it VERY thin. Allow the product to set for about half an hour then buff clean.

The stuff dries about as hard as iron and it really creates a deep shine that you can add wax on top of to taste. Though not necessary as it's a mineral/uv protectant.

If you allow the paint to get too dirty before application though you'll want to do a claybar treatment and cleaner wax before applying the sealant glaze.
I am replacing the front fascia, hood, and possibly fenders almost right off the bat. As long as I can find a decent place that bakes the paint then I will do the Klaase treatment, if not I will probably have to wait for it to cure a while.
Old 5/21/11, 01:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

There is nothing prettier than a black car that is clean imo. But I just dont have the energy to keep them clean. I had a black truck one time with No AC and swore off of them after that. Still, I love the looks of a clean one.
Old 5/21/11, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a love/hate relationship with a black car.
I just recently got some Blackfire Wet Diamond for mine. It's also a paint sealant and is so freaking easy to apply and take off.

Old 5/21/11, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea, I definitely plan on using a sealant as a base and then possibly wax if i want a little more depth to the paint.
Old 5/21/11, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fake
=
We want pictures of the car, not your shelf. Awesome car!
Old 5/21/11, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea, I definitely plan on using a sealant as a base and then possibly wax if i want a little more depth to the paint.
Mine currently doesn't have a wax on it, but I have the Klaase sealant with Dodo Juice Purple Haze combo. It looks phenomenal on black or dark blue cars. Like you could jump into the paint.

For comparison here is a pic of the paint prior to the Klaase. It still shiny of course. As it should be since it's brand new. However it laks the shininess and depth that just the Klasse alone gives.

Last edited by jlmounce; 5/21/11 at 02:05 PM.
Old 5/21/11, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man it is such a love hate relationship. I have had mine almost a year, it has 2000 miles on it, it's garage kept under a car cover, and every time I back it out of the garage it gets dirty. I use the black fire sealant as well. I love it when it's clean, but it is a work load. Is anyone else unhappy with there factory paint. I am prob nit picking but there are a few spots on my car that are a little screwed up from the factory but you have to look close. My next car should be white lol.
Old 5/21/11, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea, will just need to make sure I find a place that will bake the paint work I get done. Since its all replacement parts and will be painted off the car it shouldn't be a problem. Almost as excited to get back to the states as I am to pick up my car.
Old 5/21/11, 02:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mystickeith50
Man it is such a love hate relationship. I have had mine almost a year, it has 2000 miles on it, it's garage kept under a car cover, and every time I back it out of the garage it gets dirty. I use the black fire sealant as well. I love it when it's clean, but it is a work load. Is anyone else unhappy with there factory paint. I am prob nit picking but there are a few spots on my car that are a little screwed up from the factory but you have to look close. My next car should be white lol.
Mine is actually pretty good. The only real spots I noticed were underhood areas that didn't get complete coverage. However I haven't had a car in the last 5-6 years that had great coverage under the hood. My 07 335XI was probably the worse.

I'd also have to say that the paint on this car was much better than the paint on both of my Corvettes. Especially my LeMans blue C6. The paint on that car was horrible. The JetStream Blue on my Z06 was good, but part of that was that color hid imperfections pretty well. Underhood and under the hatch was pretty poor though. Kind of disappointing on an $80,000 car.

Last edited by jlmounce; 5/21/11 at 02:15 PM.
Old 5/21/11, 02:16 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good. KSG is a pain to work with, even applying by machine. I've used Blackfire Wet Diamond on my Kona Blue and couldn't be happier with the results. The ease of working with it outweighs the Klasse IMO. That said, the KSG is still a good product, just be prepared for some extra work.
Old 5/21/11, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Looks good. KSG is a pain to work with, even applying by machine. I've used Blackfire Wet Diamond on my Kona Blue and couldn't be happier with the results. The ease of working with it outweighs the Klasse IMO. That said, the KSG is still a good product, just be prepared for some extra work.
I think the biggest problem people run in to with KSG is that it must be applied VERY THIN. Otherwise it's a frickin pain to buff off.

I dilute the product with water and use a spray bottle for application. This really aids in getting it on as thin as possible. Including dry time of around 30 minutes it only took me about an hour to do the whole car.

You definitely can't just apply it liberally like most waxes and get it off easily.
Old 5/21/11, 02:31 PM

While we're all show'n off...

I used the turtle wax Ice stuff and I've been pretty pleased with the results. Easy to apply as well...
Attached Thumbnails I routinely punish myself with black cars-img_0513.jpg  
Old 5/21/11, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I need to stop looking at this thread..... at least until I get back home and can pick up my car.
Old 5/21/11, 03:06 PM

Love my black 2011 5.0L. Black is great, but it has to be kept clean I hardly ever have to wash it because it hardly ever gets dirty. If there are clouds in the sky, I take me F150.

Quick Reply: I routinely punish myself with black cars