2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I hate to be the noob but

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/12, 04:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very happy with my V6. I was after MPG, and the V6 provides that, plus a whole lotta V6, 305 HP fun on the street. Go with a performance package, or a 3:31 rear if you go the V6 route.

Don't mind or pay too much attention to the V6 verses V8 junk that goes on here. There's a few that think it's nessesary, but they are all great Mustangs.
Old 8/13/12, 05:11 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?
Yeah yeah

Yeah I'd love a 5.0, but I can't afford the premium and I love the track apps and the screen, and also all the color changes so I think I'm gonna go for the v6 premium, it's either luxury or power, and I'm going for luxury this time.

Thanks for the heads up, I will deff look into it and get a discount if I catch it
Hey Mopar. How much are you looking to spend? There are some killer deals on the leftover 2012s out there. We initially wanted a 2013 but couldn't justify the price. That led us to looking at used 2011s and 2012s. When we found the new demo, it ended up being the perfect storm of discounts, rebates, etc. to make a new car cheaper than a used one. We got a 41k car for a little under 31k, and ours has nav. If you don't care about that, I bet you could find a GT premium for 28ish range.

Do you have the 750 private rebate from the brochure yet? You can stack that with the other rebates.
Old 8/13/12, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2012WhiteGT
Hey Mopar. How much are you looking to spend? There are some killer deals on the leftover 2012s out there. We initially wanted a 2013 but couldn't justify the price. That led us to looking at used 2011s and 2012s. When we found the new demo, it ended up being the perfect storm of discounts, rebates, etc. to make a new car cheaper than a used one. We got a 41k car for a little under 31k, and ours has nav. If you don't care about that, I bet you could find a GT premium for 28ish range.

Do you have the 750 private rebate from the brochure yet? You can stack that with the other rebates.
Well I got the "internet price" for a 2013 base for 20k, and with x plan I can get a v6 premium for 23.5k, I'm just really after the 4.2 inch screen ( track apps ), the 1000 color combination thing, headlights! and leather. If I find a 2012 at a sweeter deal, then I will do what's financially best and go for that one, but you got one heck of a deal wow.

No I don't :/ I got some random brochure in the mail that just says I save $500 but it's not a coupon at all. How do I go about getting this brochure?
Old 8/13/12, 08:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bucko
Very happy with my V6. I was after MPG, and the V6 provides that, plus a whole lotta V6, 305 HP fun on the street. Go with a performance package, or a 3:31 rear if you go the V6 route.

Don't mind or pay too much attention to the V6 verses V8 junk that goes on here. There's a few that think it's nessesary, but they are all great Mustangs.
Haha don't worry I won't pay attention, I'd love a gt premium but it's out of my price range and the gas would destroy me as well, a v6 is perfect for whee I'm at right now, and I'm not planning on racing up and down the street, just looking for a nice car with some umph to it and 305 hp is perfect for me!
Old 8/13/12, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love how I opted out my 2013.. Worth every penny I spent.
Old 8/13/12, 08:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well I got the "internet price" for a 2013 base for 20k, and with x plan I can get a v6 premium for 23.5k, I'm just really after the 4.2 inch screen ( track apps ), the 1000 color combination thing, headlights! and leather. If I find a 2012 at a sweeter deal, then I will do what's financially best and go for that one, but you got one heck of a deal wow.

No I don't :/ I got some random brochure in the mail that just says I save $500 but it's not a coupon at all. How do I go about getting this brochure?
Careful. Base model V6 and GT don't come with track apps. You have to go with premium. If you got a 2013 for 23.5k on x-plan pricing I'm pretty sure you're looking at the base. My 2013 x-plan v6 premium came out to 27k without any of the expensive options (performance pkg, glass roof, navigation).

Last edited by Rando; 8/13/12 at 08:43 AM.
Old 8/13/12, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rando
Careful. Base model V6 and GT don't come with track apps. You have to go with premium. If you got a 2013 for 23.5k on x-plan pricing I'm pretty sure you're looking at the base. My 2013 x-plan v6 premium came out to 27k without any of the expensive options (performance pkg, glass roof, navigation).
I agree ^^ check your options. I know my dealer has a Red pony package listed at 28K and even though its not a performance package its a premium and therefor has the Option 4.2" Screen. The premium with the screen adds more than just the track apps btw. Gives you the color options, gas mileage calculator, steering feel + gauges modes. I love the screen feature and was a must have for me as well.
Old 8/13/12, 10:21 AM
Banned

No, the base comes out to 20k with x-plan, thanks for the heads up regarding the track apps only being in the premium. I know I want a v6 premium for sure now, but now just wondering if the extra cash for the '13 is really worth it. I will have the $750 brochure coupon too to make the deal even sweeter

Old 8/13/12, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Like I stated before, If you get a Premium its worth the $$$ to get the Performance package.. Take my word for it..
Old 8/13/12, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GreenCars
Like I stated before, If you get a Premium its worth the $$$ to get the Performance package.. Take my word for it..
How much extra is that?

Plus I'm not building one from scratch either, I'm choosing from their inventory.

Last edited by mopar?; 8/13/12 at 10:52 AM.
Old 8/13/12, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the base comes out to 20k with x-plan, thanks for the heads up regarding the track apps only being in the premium. I know I want a v6 premium for sure now, but now just wondering if the extra cash for the '13 is really worth it. I will have the $750 brochure coupon too to make the deal even sweeter
Unless you really really like the 10-12 looks or trying to save some money absolutely go for the 13. In my opinion the V6 benefited the most with the new update. As far as I know all the changes were cosmetic plus the added a few extra options. Engine, suspension and performance are all the same.
Old 8/13/12, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

delete

Last edited by Rando; 8/13/12 at 01:56 PM.
Old 8/13/12, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Talking

How much extra is that?

Plus I'm not building one from scratch either, I'm choosing from their inventory.
Performance package adds about $2,000 to the cost, but you have to factor in long term cost as well. 19" summer only tires are going to cost a lot more than 17" all weather. If you live in the midwest or east coast, you'll need another set of a rims/tires for the cold months (below 60). IMO it's a very expensive package to add to your vehicle. A lot of people on here praise it but most of them are looking for best performance 0-60. Avoid it if you're looking for a daily driver or have a tighter budget than the GT guys
Old 8/13/12, 04:14 PM
Banned

Performance package adds about $2,000 to the cost, but you have to factor in long term cost as well. 19" summer only tires are going to cost a lot more than 17" all weather. If you live in the midwest or east coast, you'll need another set of a rims/tires for the cold months (below 60). IMO it's a very expensive package to add to your vehicle. A lot of people on here praise it but most of them are looking for best performance 0-60. Avoid it if you're looking for a daily driver or have a tighter budget than the GT guys
Thanks for the info, I'm not trying to race anyone, I live in Florida so it is summer 12 months a year so those could come in handy. It's just going to be a fun daily driver, my plans for it are just headers and catback exhaust, if I get more serious, then I would chip it and cam it but that's way down the road. 2000 over 60 months is around ~$30ish extra a month, plus I'm trying to pay it off in 24 months anyways. I don't know, there's a lot I have to factor in because I don't wanna bite more than I can chew and just live to pay the car (college student, but I have full ride scholarship) I just hope the dealer will have what I want in stock! It will be this or next week by the latest.
Old 8/14/12, 04:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Not sure if the same design flaw followed beyond 2009, but my 2006 had the hood paint issues as well as the faulty e-brake cables (the bushings crack and let water in which then freezes and locks the e-brake on). I had no knowledge of either issue when I bought my car, especially the e-brake issue until it froze up on me one winter. Apparently it had frozen up on the previous owner as well and he/she chose to drive it anyways, as the left rear rotor and pad were both worn down to needing replacement long before the others were even broke in (based on a visual comparison when I decided to replace the cables after it locked up). I would check the paint under the hood and trunk on any used mustang as well as the wear on the brakes (especially the back)..

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 8/14/12 at 04:46 AM.
Old 8/14/12, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Wish list is a premium v6 in race red or kona blue
Thanks
Originally Posted by texastboneking
Common issue is a missfire on cylinders 7 and 8.
Haha alright, but wouldn't it throw that up on the engine code? I meant more along the lines of like the infamous early 2000s pontiac dash cracking and just odd things like that!
Originally Posted by Thomas S
Even if that was true I don't think that would be a problem for him since he's looking for a V6.
LMAO, no one gets the joke
Old 8/14/12, 02:43 PM
GT Member

I guess you figured out how to get the coupon from what you mentioned in your later posts. In case you didn't already, I would request a bunch of brochures for many Ford models. The coupon is not always in the first one you get. The coupon is the same in any model brochure and will work on the Mustang.

I see you mentioned you were still in college. The v6 is probably a lot better option for you insurance wise too. A 5.0 can really kill you on insurance if you're younger. If you want more power, you can always throw a supercharger on the v6 and forget to mention that to your insurance company. LOL
Old 8/14/12, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2012WhiteGT
I guess you figured out how to get the coupon from what you mentioned in your later posts. In case you didn't already, I would request a bunch of brochures for many Ford models. The coupon is not always in the first one you get. The coupon is the same in any model brochure and will work on the Mustang.

I see you mentioned you were still in college. The v6 is probably a lot better option for you insurance wise too. A 5.0 can really kill you on insurance if you're younger. If you want more power, you can always throw a supercharger on the v6 and forget to mention that to your insurance company. LOL
I don't have the cash either for a GT haha, well I do but I'd want the premium and not just a shell and 422 hp.

I went to the dealer today and there was nothing appealing, and all they had was one stick shift mustang so I went ahead and made the appointment to just order one and have it made my own way

It'll be v6 premium with the performance package
Deep impact blue
manual
saddle interior
and the door light up mustang name thing
Came out to 27k(x-plan) with all the options EXCLUDING the 2500 ford cash they have going on now, the $750 brochure I hope I get ( ordered like 10 different ones ) and the 5k down payment I'm putting down.
Old 8/14/12, 07:25 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You'll be happy - the v6 mustangs are awesome and fast. the GT is fun, I love it, but you pay extra for it. A MUSTANG is a mustang in my book I love looking at them all! Congrats!!!
Old 8/14/12, 08:19 PM
GT Member

I don't have the cash either for a GT haha, well I do but I'd want the premium and not just a shell and 422 hp.

I went to the dealer today and there was nothing appealing, and all they had was one stick shift mustang so I went ahead and made the appointment to just order one and have it made my own way

It'll be v6 premium with the performance package
Deep impact blue
manual
saddle interior
and the door light up mustang name thing
Came out to 27k(x-plan) with all the options EXCLUDING the 2500 ford cash they have going on now, the $750 brochure I hope I get ( ordered like 10 different ones ) and the 5k down payment I'm putting down.
Yeah, it's really hard to find a loaded manual GT even. It took me forever to track one down. You'll really enjoy the performance pack v6. 0-60 in 5.2 and 29 MPG are pretty hard to beat. I'm lucky to get 21 in my 3.73 5.0. LOL

You'll definitely get a coupon in one of those brochures. I think the second one I got had the coupon. Make sure you mention you have the 750 private cash when you order. If it expires before your car comes in, they will still honor it. I'm not sure how it works if you order before the coupon is entered in the system. You might want to ask 05fordgt exactly how that works. I know they can look it up in the VINCENT system even if you didn't get the coupon in the mail yet as long as it's been generated.

Quick Reply: I hate to be the noob but