2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I got jacked

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/11 | 03:45 AM

I got jacked

Please help me before i kill myself. Ill just say it before anyone else does im a *******. I got suckered by the dealership. Went in with a trade in, they offered a good amount for it but then i got suckered and lost track of costs because the price conveniently raises and drops as you go down the list making it hard to keep track of exactly how much you are paying. Not blaming them, im the idiot who didn't check closely enough and chose to pay.

I just picked up a 2012 Mustang GT premium with Brembo brakes, back up alarm, leather seats, lo jack, 19" rims, and the 3.47( is that right?) ratio.

Owed 9k, got 13.5k. put that plus 4k cash down. 5 year loan on 3.9 interest, and i am ultimately paying 48861 for the car.

Please kill me now
Old 7/5/11 | 04:12 AM

Sorry to hear Bro.....that's close to shelby territory. U could of just said no and thought about it some more. Well How homer Simpson would say....hope u enjoy ur new 5- doh!!!!!
Old 7/5/11 | 04:16 AM

Do you think there is anychance the dealer will take it back? Im gonna be begging on my knees tomorrow...I also forgot to add that i also purchased a 7 yr warantee and maintenance plan, which together add about 3k to the car as well.

Last edited by dunarze; 7/5/11 at 04:18 AM.
Old 7/5/11 | 04:18 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

You actually have a certain amount of days to legally back out of a deal. Do some research on that. The price you paid is Shelby money.
Old 7/5/11 | 04:23 AM

I read the fine print on the main sale contract. IT states that there is no cooling off period provided here in CA. So basically cannot cancel the contract simply because i change my mind or what ever reason. The ONLY reason it can be cancelled no is a legal cause *fraud, or if the seller agrees. So i will have to beg them to take it back.
Old 7/5/11 | 04:29 AM

Man that sucks. If you are stuck in the deal and can't get out, I would go back and try and upgrade to a Shelby. It may cost you just a little more but at least it will be worth the amount of money you're spending. May be your only out. I hope for your sake that they will work with you. Good luck. Note to self: don't buy a car in California.
Old 7/5/11 | 04:32 AM
I lust for a M24

http://www.kinseylaw.com/clientserv2...escission.html
Old 7/5/11 | 04:34 AM

Oh yeah. And don't go in pissed off. Try and speak with the general sales manager. If you get pissed or loud with them, they won't work with you at all. Keep your cool and be somewhat humble.
Old 7/5/11 | 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Man that sucks. If you are stuck in the deal and can't get out, I would go back and try and upgrade to a Shelby. It may cost you just a little more but at least it will be worth the amount of money you're spending. May be your only out. I hope for your sake that they will work with you. Good luck. Note to self: don't buy a car in California.
I wouldn't say not to buy a car in CA. Just don't get carried away like i did. Numbers were flying , I didn't calculate correctly and didn't check closely enough when i signed the paper.

I mean even now I'm looking at the sale contract and the numbers are confusing, it's probably done like that to confuse you.
Old 7/5/11 | 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Oh yeah. And don't go in pissed off. Try and speak with the general sales manager. If you get pissed or loud with them, they won't work with you at all. Keep your cool and be somewhat humble.
I going to have to really beg them to get them to agree. I mean as a business they don't give a crap about my situation, all they want is money and they have me bound by a written contract =/. Crossing my fingers, I really like the mustang but a final price of 48k is to much for a premium GT
Old 7/5/11 | 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by dunarze
I going to have to really beg them to get them to agree. I mean as a business they don't give a crap about my situation, all they want is money and they have me bound by a written contract =/. Crossing my fingers, I really like the mustang but a final price of 48k is to much for a premium GT

That final price likely includes all taxes, fees, and the cost if financing the vehicle over the term of the loan. The bottom line price after all that is included is always high in relation to the sticker price of the car. Personally, I try not to look at it. I keep in mind the actual sale price of the vehicle and I
Options and look at the remainder as a fact of life.
Old 7/5/11 | 05:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

It sounds like the part where you took it in the shorts is on the trade, right?
It is possible that some cars (like a Hummer H2 or something) could depreciate to the point where this could happen...but it's not likely.

What did you trade in?

BTW, if you havent taken delivery of the new car yet, you're definitely in the clear to back out.
Old 7/5/11 | 05:27 AM

I've taken delivery, it's sitting in my driveway. I got 13500 for my 2006 Toyota Tacoma. Considering the condition is was in I think I got a decent deal which is what helped move me towards making a purchase.
Old 7/5/11 | 05:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I've taken delivery, it's sitting in my driveway. I got 13500 for my 2006 Toyota Tacoma. Considering the condition is was in I think I got a decent deal which is what helped move me towards making a purchase.
So you're happy with your trade in value, you got an ok rate...It sounds like you only got "jacked" becase you still owed 9,000 on the truck...or didn't negotiate hard enough on the sale price.

That's life, I guess.

Well... you have a nice car now. Hold on to this one until you have paid it off and you'll likely recoup some of your losses since Mustangs hold their value so well.
Old 7/5/11 | 05:53 AM
V6 Member

That's why they have "build your own" on the ford web page. Build your own print it and take it with you to the dealership.
Guess calif has another reason not to live there.
Guess you lost $10k just driving it off the lot
Old 7/5/11 | 05:54 AM

You honestly think the final 48k is fair for a premium GT with some extras and both warrantee and maintenance?

I guess I'm just ranting now because I bought on impulse and now my "brain" is catching up. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 7/5/11 | 06:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

you are gonna need to add more details on your sale for an educated commentary here, like the actual options from the window sticker, what price did you negotiate for the vehicle + how much in fees = final price in present value without interest added on.
Old 7/5/11 | 07:01 AM
Bullitt Member

You honestly think the final 48k is fair for a premium GT with some extras and both warrantee and maintenance?

I guess I'm just ranting now because I bought on impulse and now my "brain" is catching up. Thanks for the info guys.
PM me the vin and I can pull the invoice on it
Old 7/5/11 | 07:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

So wait... your PURCHASE price was $48k not including the hit you took for your remaining loan? That doesn't sound right.

I'm guessing it was:

Mustang GT + Brembo package + Premium Package + tax/title/registration + $9000 you owed on your truck...

...in which case it's very easy to imagine that you paid $48,000 if you count the remainder of your loan as part of the price.
Old 7/5/11 | 07:38 AM
V6 Member

Mrgtx-I specked out a mustang GT online and it came to $48k
So yea it can be done
Thats when I did more building on line and discovered a Shelby can be had for a bit less also a boss for less than $48k

Quick Reply: I got jacked