Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How long should I expect for a new order?

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/11, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long should I expect for a new order?

I tried a search and couldn't find this info anywhere . . . if I were to order a new 2012 mustang lets say Monday (going to look this Sunday) when can I expect it would be delivered?

From what I read 6-8 weeks is the standard response but that tends to vary depending on the time of year. I will likely be ordering two a GT Premium for me and a base v6 for my dad. Are these built in different runs or would we receive at the same time?
Old 2/22/11, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

From what I have heard, and I have read a lot about this lately, Ford uses a mix of the vehicles as it is easier to work with the parts that can be produced by the suppliers on an on time basis where they make the parts, then ship them just in time to be unloaded and put into the cars. If you produce the cars in big batches of V6s and V8s, then you need to store a lot of parts to be used for that run. When you have a mix between a bunch of stuff, it is easier to keep that mix similar from week to week and keep the parts flowing rather than stockpiling.

As a matter of the wait, I ordered mine on 11/22/10 and have no build date. It will not take you this long though. Production of the 2012s has started and they are just now working on getting through the backlog of retail orders. If this backlog were not there, it could be easier to say. It should not take too long to work through, so it very well could take you 8 weeks. Another consideration is your dealer's allocation. That can speed things up or delay them. Bigger dealers get more allocation, but they have more orders waiting also. Since the dealer won't give you an honest answer, I am not sure how you can really tell how their allocation is doing.

Either way, it will be worth the wait, so get to ordering and you will get them sooner.
Old 2/22/11, 01:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng
I tried a search and couldn't find this info anywhere . . . if I were to order a new 2012 mustang lets say Monday (going to look this Sunday) when can I expect it would be delivered?

From what I read 6-8 weeks is the standard response but that tends to vary depending on the time of year. I will likely be ordering two a GT Premium for me and a base v6 for my dad. Are these built in different runs or would we receive at the same time?
My answer would be 10 weeks. If it shows up in 6-8 weeks that's a bonus. A lot of people ordered their 2012's in December and January so they are going to wait longer than 10 weeks. I ordered mine on February 1. My dealer told me 6-8 weeks. My guess is 8-10 weeks.