Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hood Stripes, put your pics here...

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/12, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hood Stripes, put your pics here...

Can we put all are aftermarket hood stripes or ordered from the dealer and then had them installed in one thread ? I'm on the fence of ordering some stripes for my car so I thought i would start this thread and have all the stripes in one place for me and anyone else looking.
Old 5/29/12, 08:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not sure how applicable my stripes are due to the hood I'm using, but they (the dealer) actually painted the vinyl with the color I wanted (Guardsman Blue), and then cut the stripes out to fit the car based on the body kit I used. I paid $1300 for the stripes. In hindsight, I think I should have just had them painted on...

Old 5/29/12, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

jsimmons your car looks bad a-s man! Are those Steeda side skirts?
Old 5/29/12, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Reminisce
jsimmons your car looks bad a-s man! Are those Steeda side skirts?
Nah, it has a Cervini Type 4 hood with a 3D Carbon Boy Racer body kit (front fascia, side skirts, side scoops, rear 3D 500 spoiler, and rear 3D 500 fascia).

It pisses off Shelby owners with all too much regularity (and I'm starting to enjoy it). I think they get mad because my car looks as good as theirs, but at 1/3 the cost, or because they mistake it for a Shelby until I tell them it's just a V6 (I'm not to blame if they can't distinguish my car from a real Shelby - to me it's slap-you-in-the-face obvious that it's not a Shelby).
Old 5/29/12, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
I'm not sure how applicable my stripes are due to the hood I'm using, but they (the dealer) actually painted the vinyl with the color I wanted (Guardsman Blue), and then cut the stripes out to fit the car based on the body kit I used. I paid $1300 for the stripes. In hindsight, I think I should have just had them painted on...
Not to sound like a female but your car is gorgeous!
Old 5/29/12, 03:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
Not to sound like a female but your car is gorgeous!
It's fabulous!
Old 5/29/12, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

How much do stripes cost? I saw AmericanMuscle.com has what looks like a nice collection. Would it be better to get them from an auto body shop? Is there a difference/benefit if they are painted on?

I'm thinking about getting some silver ones on mine.

Last edited by Dfink114; 5/30/12 at 08:18 AM.
Old 5/29/12, 05:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I'm not a fan of centered fogs or the tri-bar pony logo and that hood doesn't look nearly as good in other colors, but your combo pulls it all together really well. Nice job; looks great.
EDIT: Thought about white mirror caps? Would look right, methinks.

Last edited by wheelman; 5/29/12 at 05:57 PM.
Old 5/29/12, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
Wow, I'm not a fan of centered fogs or the tri-bar pony logo and that hood doesn't look nearly as good in other colors, but your combo pulls it all together really well. Nice job; looks great.
EDIT: Thought about white mirror caps? Would look right, methinks.
I wish I could get my wife to drive it. I've never seen it moving...

I'm actually considering painting the entire mirror assemblies white...

Mirror base and cover are $100 per side (unpainted) if you buy them new from Ford. Painting would probably be another $250-300.

Last edited by jsimmons; 5/29/12 at 06:43 PM.
Old 5/29/12, 06:46 PM

I had already posted these pics on another thread but i'll re-post for this topic. These are the dual 10" GT500 stripes and a side stripe from American Muscle. I had someone experienced put the stripes on for me, and the stripes are pretty good quality. And I seem to get compliments on it every day
Attached Thumbnails Hood Stripes, put your pics here...-100_0843.jpg   Hood Stripes, put your pics here...-100_0842.jpg   Hood Stripes, put your pics here...-100_0840.jpg   Hood Stripes, put your pics here...-100_0838.jpg  
Old 5/29/12, 07:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish I could get my wife to drive it. I've never seen it moving...

I'm actually considering painting the entire mirror assemblies white...
Either way would look good, but would love to see the full painted.

Originally Posted by LightStang
I had already posted these pics on another thread but i'll re-post for this topic. These are the dual 10" GT500 stripes and a side stripe from American Muscle. I had someone experienced put the stripes on for me, and the stripes are pretty good quality. And I seem to get compliments on it every day
I was just looking at the stripes on AM and wasnt sure which to get for a 13 but these look just right. Any wider and youd be too close to the vents, any narrower and they wouldnt match up to the rear sensors. Was thinking the sensor/stripe contrast would look good and it does so thanks for these pics. Was thinking of doing this myself though so does your stripe guy have any tips on popping those sensors out? Never had em before. Tell him nice job while youre at it!

Last edited by wheelman; 5/29/12 at 07:50 PM.
Old 5/29/12, 11:25 PM
V6 Member

New Stripes

Just wanted to have it done for a long time. Don't know if it will influence your decision but if you want to . . . go for it.
Attached Thumbnails Hood Stripes, put your pics here...-shark-semi-side.jpg   Hood Stripes, put your pics here...-striped_rear.jpg  
Old 5/30/12, 06:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Just wanted to have it done for a long time. Don't know if it will influence your decision but if you want to . . . go for it.
Thats perfect since I have the Ingot Silver also, Do you still like having that blk deck lid panel on there ? When I first seen them on the lot I said I had to have it but now I like the plain look in the back now Im not sure again and also I want that factory hood scoop it just looks Bad. Oh were did you get the stripe from ?

Last edited by rm2092; 5/30/12 at 06:20 AM.
Old 5/30/12, 11:27 AM
V6 Member

Hood Stripes

Originally Posted by rm2092
Thats perfect since I have the Ingot Silver also, Do you still like having that blk deck lid panel on there ? When I first seen them on the lot I said I had to have it but now I like the plain look in the back now Im not sure again and also I want that factory hood scoop it just looks Bad. Oh were did you get the stripe from ?
Yes . . . still like the deck lid panel. In face, shortly after we got our '67 2+2 back in 1966, one of the first things I did was paint the back panel flat black. It just seemed to make the tail lights stand out better. The Super Snake Stripes came from Phoenix Graphix, Pt# 2010GT. There's a choice for with or without hood scoop.
Old 5/30/12, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
JSimmons,

Sweet looking ride! how wide are your stripes?

Thanks,
John
Old 5/30/12, 12:26 PM
V6 Member

Hood Stripes

Originally Posted by Horspla
JSimmons,

Sweet looking ride! how wide are your stripes?

Thanks,
John
Thanks, I've had strangers approach me in store parking lots to ask about the car and the stripes.

You're testing me here, John, but I believe the center is 18", the outer stripes are 1" and spacing is just about 1" so overall it works out to about 22 inches edge to edge.

Ron
Old 5/30/12, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Yes . . . still like the deck lid panel. In face, shortly after we got our '67 2+2 back in 1966, one of the first things I did was paint the back panel flat black. It just seemed to make the tail lights stand out better. The Super Snake Stripes came from Phoenix Graphix, Pt# 2010GT. There's a choice for with or without hood scoop.
Thanks now I have to spend anothe $200.00 and then explain where the money went.
Old 5/30/12, 01:07 PM
V6 Member

Oh golly . . . did you forget to fix that hole in your pocket? Or maybe someone picked your pocket while you were at the Mardi Gras . . . I know, it's over but maybe you just discovered it??

One thing I'm concerned about will be what happens the first time I wax the car. I might not have matte black stripes any longer. I haven't had these stripes on very long yet so that remains to be seen.
Old 5/30/12, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

After I wash my car I wipe it down with Turtle Wax Ice on everything even the lower black panels, the Ice will not turn flat black white like regular wax will and it's so much easier to use and does not take up so much time.
Old 5/30/12, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

CRAP, I just ordered the rear panel, thanks for posting that pic, can some turn of the Internet NOW PLEASE.

Quick Reply: Hood Stripes, put your pics here...