Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hit a Deer

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/15, 05:03 AM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hit a Deer

My St. Patrick's day started out with a drive to work and at 6:15am within two miles from the house a deer runs out of the marsh grass and the rest is history. The deer was at a full run and driving at 30mph my 2014 GT took a beating. Front end looks ugly, cracked bumper, shifted and dented hood, and the drivers side front fender damaged. The shameful part is the deer lived and ran off. Thank god there is hair on the bumper and the evidence was given to the insurance company. Now the real stress begins, will the reputable body shop bring my car back to it's shiny flawless condition? At least I know they use genuine parts and not after market, at least this what they say. Pictures of the damage will be posted later... Just a bad day. Should have drove my 2013 Super Duty f250 6.7. At least I would have killed the deer and ate it with revenge...
Old 3/18/15, 06:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
hopefully it will be all fixed up in no time
Old 3/18/15, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I always worried when I lived in Colonial Beach VA and drove to Dahlgren 5 days per week. I saw multiple deer every morning and know lots of people that hit them, some even more than once in one year.
Old 3/18/15, 07:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This is my biggest fear, I live in michigan were deer are somewhat plentiful. Now more recently we have a group of turkeys that love to cross the road during my morning commute.
Old 3/18/15, 07:16 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Generally speaking deer impacts don't cause structural damage, or if they do, it's only minimal and slight unibody misalignment of the rad support.

If you gotta hit something, cosmetic damage only is the way to go.

Good luck with the fix.
Old 3/18/15, 07:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that.
I also hit a deer, a few months ago. Not with my mustang, but with my Ford Edge. I hit the deer, going about 45 mph. Deer still survived and ran away!
Lots of plastic damage, headlight, fender dented, hood dislodged etc. nearly 4K in plastic parts and labor.
When I got the car back, it drove like new, and it looked like new. I wouldn't be too worried about this one. (Except for the carfax).
Old 3/18/15, 08:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by ejpatrone
... The shameful part is the deer lived and ran off. ...
I'm gonna guess that the reality is that deer is most likely a dead deer gallopin'. It just doesn't know it yet. Adrenaline (or the deer equivalent) is a powerful drug.

Sorry to hear about your run in, but it'll buff right out.

No really, they'll put new stuff on it, paint it, and then they buff it.

Old 3/18/15, 11:21 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Sorry to hear this but hopefully they will return it to new! But most importantly YOU were OK! :-)
Old 3/18/15, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay and hope your Stang comes out good as new. I realize you are not in Canada but I once heard there are two kinds of people living in Canada, those who have hit a deer and those who will hit a deer.
Old 3/18/15, 11:41 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in Canada and I have hit a deer! I had a then-new 87 VW Fox and on a $9000 car it did 3K of damage! I used the side view mirror that was ripped out of its socket as a picture frame of the incident. And, the deer walked away in my case as well.

It mangled my grill, scratched the hood, the driver's fender looked like it'd been crinkled up like paper and the glass was almost impossible to see out of on the driver's side. Any more velocity and Bambi would've gone through the windshield.

Hope it's repaired back to pristine...my old car was - you'd never know the difference.
Old 3/18/15, 12:00 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry about the incident and I hope you get eveything back the way you like it.

About a year ago I was getting my oil chnage in our flex and I saw this truck sitting out in the parking lot that had no bumber/grill and it had the words "Deer Killer" Attached to the hood.

Asked the service guy what that was about and he said the guy hit a deer and then had the truck repaired. A month later he hit another deer. had the truck repaired and two month later hit yet another deer. This time he said screw it and attached deer killer to the front. LOL
Old 3/18/15, 12:03 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernStang79
Sorry about the incident and I hope you get eveything back the way you like it.

About a year ago I was getting my oil chnage in our flex and I saw this truck sitting out in the parking lot that had no bumber/grill and it had the words "Deer Killer" Attached to the hood.

Asked the service guy what that was about and he said the guy hit a deer and then had the truck repaired. A month later he hit another deer. had the truck repaired and two month later hit yet another deer. This time he said screw it and attached deer killer to the front. LOL

It should can read "Deer Magnet".
Old 3/19/15, 04:39 AM
V6 Member

Smile

Thanks for all the support! Deer are plentiful where I live and we have an usual breed called Sika Deer. White tail are uncommon because of the thousands of Sika deer by me and of course it had to be a large White Tail Doe I hit. Sika are small deer, yet very tasty, damage would have been minimal. Of course it could have been worse, the airbags could have been engaged and yes; as my mustang friends mentioned, the important thing is I am OK. Thank you!
Old 3/19/15, 05:10 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Sorry to read about this Ed. I've come close to hitting a deer. The deer aren't large enough, so my city is trying to get Elk to breed and populate in the area i live in
Old 3/19/15, 05:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

pics??
Old 3/19/15, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
The deer ran away, Glenn, he couldn't get pics of it.
Old 3/19/15, 11:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

ha
Old 3/19/15, 01:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear, but glad you are ok.....didnt deploy air bags that is good....I had a gentleen back out of a parking space while i was doing 5 mph....hit him when i took my eyes off the road.....5k in plastic damage....but glad you are ok....would miss you in the forums.
Old 3/19/15, 03:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by David Young
Sorry to read about this Ed. I've come close to hitting a deer. The deer aren't large enough, so my city is trying to get Elk to breed and populate in the area i live in
Elk! One would destroy a car with ease. I can remember a few years back a Sheriff Dept patrol vehicle hit a horse...Totally destroyed the car. The police car was a heavy Crown Vic. Could not imagine a Mustang hitting an Elk or a horse.
Old 3/19/15, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Bentnail
Sorry to hear, but glad you are ok.....didnt deploy air bags that is good....I had a gentleen back out of a parking space while i was doing 5 mph....hit him when i took my eyes off the road.....5k in plastic damage....but glad you are ok....would miss you in the forums.
5mph and all that damage, well this is a price we pay for light performance cars... I am sure you were quite upset! As everyone mentions in their posts, the importance is our health, metal can always be repaired.

Quick Reply: Hit a Deer