2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Help looking at 2012 RS3

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/15 | 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Help looking at 2012 RS3

Hey guys, I have been traveling across Indiana for the past few weeks for my job and driving past a smaller town Ford dealership that had 2 Roush RS3's sitting by the street on their lot. I finally gave in to temptation and stopped in to look at them yesterday evening on my way home. Drove both and now am thinking about trading in my 13' GT for one of them. It is black with lime green/white decals and only has 1400 miles on it. Never had a car with a supercharger on it and never looked at a 3 year old car with that few of miles on it. Anything particular I should be concerned about or look more closely at for a car with such low miles?? Apparently it belonged to a prominent local family's adult son and spent most of it's life sitting in his garage before he traded it in for a 4WD truck. Needless to say, my wife is not too happy with me right now since I have spent quite a bit of money recently on my 13' and now might trade it in . BTW the other one is Kona Blue with White and red decals and only has 4K miles on it. The black one is 40K and the Blue one is 43K. TIA
Old 6/6/15 | 07:48 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Wow,.......those are good prices, in my opinion.
I have been throwing the idea of selling my around. Less than 2k on the clock and super clean and super low mileage. Detailed after every other cruise. Mine sits in the garage as well, until I have time to take it out, between work, working out and house/yard work.
Those seem like great prices to me. I wouldn't let my car go for that much seeing on how clean/well kept and low mileage my car is as well as a much wanted color scheme. Plus, these cars for for about 62k brand new, depending on options.
Good luck!
Old 6/6/15 | 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Forgot to mention they are both 2012's
Old 6/6/15 | 01:30 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Forgot to mention they are both 2012's
No,....you did mention in the title of the thread.
Still good prices in my opinion.
Old 6/6/15 | 04:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Bought it tonight, pick it up Wednesday after I finish my marathon of 12 hour night shifts and have time to remove some items off my car:

http://www.rayskillmanhoosierford.co...bp8cf0c5227034

Does the Roush closed Airbox use the same filter size as the OEM one? I see some roush's with an open conical filter, but mine has the enclosed airbox similar looking to the OEM one.. Is it possible to use the AIRAID CAI on the Roush???? It's hard to find much info on the 2012 model year.

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 6/6/15 at 04:05 PM.
Old 6/6/15 | 04:10 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Bought it tonight, pick it up Wednesday after I finish my marathon of 12 hour night shifts and have time to remove some items off my car:
http://www.rayskillmanhoosierford.co...bp8cf0c5227034
Does the Roush closed Airbox use the same filter size as the OEM one? I see some roush's with an open conical filter, but mine has the enclosed airbox similar looking to the OEM one.. Is it possible to use the AIRAID CAI on the Roush???? It's hard to find much info on the 2012 model year.
That's awesome. Congrats and good luck! Awesome colors.
I don't think you're going to be able to use a AIRAID cai on the Roush cars,...unless they have one designed specifically for supercharged cars. I would go with JLT if you were going to do an aftermarket cai.
Old 6/8/15 | 01:02 AM
GT Member

When you said a "smaller town Ford dealership" Ray Skillman's was not on my radar. I bought my 2011 5XR from them dealing with John & Joey, they were awesome to deal with, I had their workshop do some work including having the bigger brakes fitted which they had done for less than I could have bought the parts for! as well as up dating to the latest Roush tune etc. I am an overseas buyer and when the car arrived I was blown away by how much better the car looked in person compared to what I had seen in the photo's, a real bonus.
As you can see I am a bit bias but I think you have bough the best looking RS3 they made, congrats on a good looking car and one with more power than you will ever need for street driving, enjoy...

P.S. You do know that Ray Skillman's is the #1 Roush dealer in the US, (last time I looked).

Last edited by Fawls; 6/8/15 at 01:16 AM.
Old 6/8/15 | 01:22 AM
GT Member

As for the CAI as I understand it the stock one is good for 650hp, Roush Make a CAI although not cheap it does look good, I couldn't tell you if a tune is required or not.
Old 6/8/15 | 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fawls
When you said a "smaller town Ford dealership" Ray Skillman's was not on my radar.
P.S. You do know that Ray Skillman's is the #1 Roush dealer in the US, (last time I looked).
I only said small town because the car is in Martinsville Indiana not Greenwood which is where Ray Skillman's "Big" dealership is (I bought my 13' from them in Greenfield).

I was wondering if the ROUSH closed airbox (non open/conical) uses the same air filter as the standard 5.0 does?!?

I returned my 13' to stock yesterday afternoon and now am having some issues with the shifting and the idle since removing the tune and AIRAID CAI. The car WAS shifting sluggishly with the stock tune and idling pretty rough at times (when in park). After driving the 200 miles to the hospital I am working at this morning, the shifting seems to have worked itself out, but idling is still rough when I have the car in park. Last night I remembered disconnected the battery after removing the BAMA tune that has been on the car for the past year+. I had not disconnected the battery initially after restoring to stock. Hopefully the idle returns to normal before I trade the car in Wednesday
Old 6/8/15 | 04:19 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

When you said a "smaller town Ford dealership" Ray Skillman's was not on my radar. I bought my 2011 5XR from them dealing with John & Joey, they were awesome to deal with, I had their workshop do some work including having the bigger brakes fitted which they had done for less than I could have bought the parts for! as well as up dating to the latest Roush tune etc. I am an overseas buyer and when the car arrived I was blown away by how much better the car looked in person compared to what I had seen in the photo's, a real bonus.
As you can see I am a bit bias but I think you have bough the best looking RS3 they made, congrats on a good looking car and one with more power than you will ever need for street driving, enjoy...
That is where and whom I bought my car from. John Trischler. And if I am going to buy another RS3,...I'll be contacting him again. (I already contacted him about the new RS3's, about 7 days ago. All they have at the moment are hero cards and not catalogs with all options and ordering info. He's going to send me one when they become available.)
And yes,...they are the #1 Roush dealership in the Country.
Old 6/9/15 | 12:37 AM
GT Member

Ok I had no idea Ray Skillmans had other dealerships, solves that miss understanding.
Roush uses the stock air box, it is just in a different position so yes the stock filter does fit.
Old 6/9/15 | 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok I had no idea Ray Skillmans had other dealerships, solves that miss understanding.
Roush uses the stock air box, it is just in a different position so yes the stock filter does fit.
Me either until my job brought me down here into the sticks LOL...

Thanks for the info on the airbox. Just found out that Don Hinds Ford in Fishers is now a ROUSH dealer (dealership I use). My service guy Zack and their Mustang mechanic David are the ONLY reason I go there. They are mod friendly, very knowledgeable in aftermarket parts/tuning, and already do a lot of custom/performance Mustang work (supercharger installs, engine builds), so them becoming a new ROUSH dealership is a win win for me.