Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Has anyone encountered

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/10, 04:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by blackbiter
Just ordered the valentine radar/laser detector I think it will really help .These cars are hard to hold back if you know what i mean
I have a 2010 V6, and I do catch myself being a little on the fast side when Traffic is moving along pretty good, car does real well above 80 MPH.
Old 9/26/10, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you Antigini that was helpful and thanks Siber express for being honest
Old 9/26/10, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by houtex

Both times, I gotta think it's just because she's a white newish GT. Maybe they're profiling. Whatevers. I *swear*, the calistop one, the officer *ran his hand over her spoiler.* Wistfully. Lustfully.

Whatever gets his rocks off, just don't gimme a ticket.
LOL, Trust me it wasn't lust. What he did is a common tactic in vehicle stops. Keep in mind that he has no idea who you are when he stops you. You're an ok guy, but how does he know that? For all he knows you could be a psychotic murderer that just killed three people twenty minutes before he stopped you. Officers will place their hand somewhere on the back of the vehicle to leave their fingerprints. The idea behind it is, if the person in the stopped vehicle whips out a gun and shoots him and then speeds off, there is some evidence left on the suspects car that the officer was there. It's evidence against the suspect who will surely deny ever being stopped later on. Make sense?
Old 9/26/10, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Generally speaking I drive pretty reasonably and avoid any unwanted attention from the police. Today I finally took my car WOT for the first time (I'm now over 900km) and took it up to 160 km/h in a 60 zone (empty country road) with my buddy in the passenger seat. Oh yeah, my buddy is a cop
Old 9/27/10, 03:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
I have been stopped once, doing my normal 8 MPH over the speed limit. All he wanted to know is what they called the color, said Awesome car. Asked me if he could sit in it, I said fine, go for it. He played with the buttons, called his cell phone with the Sync, said it was an Awesome car again and we went are separate ways.
He could have gone to the dealer and not inconvenienced you.
Old 9/27/10, 05:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

the police yet and how many times for you . I myself have had 4 encounter's already, and am getting scared to drive it . What's a good laser radar detector to look at?
Obviously you are driving a little too aggressive which is attracting the police toward you.

This is one reason I waited so long before getting a car like a Mustang. Because I know I will not drive around like an idiot and get a million tickets. 12 years ago I would probably have been pulled over everyday with this car.

Now I just take it easy and only open it up in an area i'm confident there are no cops around. But if you do the time...be prepared to do the time.

Since i've owned my car, i've been pulled over once. They changed the speed limit on the road by my house, but when it goes back down to 1 lane, it goes back down to the original speed limit. The cop was sitting a little past the merge and got me. I was honest with the cop about my speed and he said because my recent record is clean I'd just get a warning.
Old 9/27/10, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fossy207
Generally speaking I drive pretty reasonably and avoid any unwanted attention from the police. Today I finally took my car WOT for the first time (I'm now over 900km) and took it up to 160 km/h in a 60 zone (empty country road) with my buddy in the passenger seat. Oh yeah, my buddy is a cop
You're lucky your buddy is a cop. Getting caught going more than 50KPH over the limit in Ontario would have left you standing on the side of that empty country road with your car impounded and a $2000 (or more) ticket.
Old 9/28/10, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not advocating reckless driving but let's face it, we didn't buy 300-400 hp Mustangs just because they look pretty. People aren't getting Brembo brakes because they think the standard brakes are going to overheat while driving the speed limit.

A radar detector is by no means a guarantee that you won't get caught but it might make the difference between getting a ticket once a year and getting one every three years. That difference can easily pay for even a very expensive radar detector. I bought the Beltronics GX65 and really like it. It has far fewer false alarms than my previous detector.
Old 9/28/10, 01:13 PM

the other was a ped ticket sting they do them here all the time
What's a ped ticket sting? Have someone walk out in front of you near a crosswalk?

Originally Posted by Siber Express
I have been stopped once, doing my normal 8 MPH over the speed limit. All he wanted to know is what they called the color, said Awesome car. Asked me if he could sit in it, I said fine, go for it. He played with the buttons, called his cell phone with the Sync, said it was an Awesome car again and we went are separate ways.
Seems like a bit of abuse of power there. But what are you supposed to do? "It's blue... can I go now?" Yea, that won't raise suspicion.
Old 9/28/10, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

The only attention I have personally had in my car from a police officer was at a local supermarket, he was walking across the parking lot to go inside (assuming off duty, but doesn't matter either way) and I had stopped to let him cross before I went to pull into a space.

My car is decently loud with the muffler deletes..and I just pulled into a space. Got out of the car, and he had turned around to follow me to my spot, and I'm just sitting there thinking Oh god, my light covers...FFFFF...yet when I got out, he just wanted to know if it was a real 5.0, and how fast I had it up to so far .

This weekend in Ocean City, MD there was a big VW/Audi event called H2Oi, and man, these kids were getting pulled over left and right, buzzing up and down Coastal Highway. Me, with my ridiculously loud Mustang bouncing off the hotels lining the road, never got in trouble! It made me feel like the police there were actually rooting for the few muscle cars there (myself, two other 5.0's, a crazy Cobra, and a 6.0 GTO) as none of us were ever pulled over :P
Old 9/28/10, 02:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
No stops yet. Just the looks. The State Police are going from White Fords to Stone Grey Metallic Chargers, with the very thin LED light bars. They actually look good, but are much harder to see. I do 99.9% of my driving on the Interstate, so I keep her at speed limit of 75. I have been followed by an unmarked unit, but again, I was cruising at 75 and listening to Sirius.

I did have one funny moment, I was on I-90 in a 65 zone, when a Camaro SS pulls up next to me in the left lane, and directly behind him is a Challenger SRT. No other traffic. We crested a hill and there was a trooper, in his Charger, sitting in the median, but all three of us were doing the 65 limit. Looked like a TV commercial.
Old 9/28/10, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I did have one funny moment, I was on I-90 in a 65 zone, when a Camaro SS pulls up next to me in the left lane, and directly behind him is a Challenger SRT. No other traffic. We crested a hill and there was a trooper, in his Charger, sitting in the median, but all three of us were doing the 65 limit. Looked like a TV commercial.
Sounds more like the setup to a joke really. "A Mustang, a Camaro, and a Challenger drive past a cop..."
Old 9/28/10, 06:27 PM
V6 Member

I was stopped at a light when a plain clothes vehicle with a uniformed officer inside rolled up next to me (stopping short of the light) and gave me the "roll down your window" motion. I was running the previous few minutes through my head to see what may have caught his attention. Anyway, he just said it was a nice car and that he really liked my wheels. He asked me how I liked it and whether it felt fast etc. After that, he just said thanks and have a good day.
Old 9/28/10, 07:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to pick and choose your moments and obviously like anything else, the more you endulge, the more likely you are to get caught. I'm also of the belief that if you put on one of the really obnoxious exhaust systems, you will draw a lot more attention to yourself. Its just human nature. This is why I enjoy my stock exhaust. It sounds nice but won't draw too much attention.