Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Government to shutdown the CIA and Ford will takeover.

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/10, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Government to shutdown the CIA and Ford will takeover.

Latest news, the government will shutdown the CIA and put Ford in charge. There isn't anybody that can keep things top secret the way that Ford can.
Old 6/4/10, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by rseantan
Latest news, the government will shutdown the CIA and put Ford in charge. There isn't anybody that can keep things top secret the way that Ford can.
First post and you post this?
Old 6/4/10, 02:48 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm amused.
Old 6/4/10, 02:55 PM
V6 Member

GOOD ONE!!!
Old 6/4/10, 03:24 PM
GT Member

ehh, the 5.0 leaked out pretty well.
Old 6/4/10, 04:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
actually there's a lot that HASN'T

Ever think that some stuff is leaked on purpose?
Just sayin'
Old 6/4/10, 04:14 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdsguy
ehh, the 5.0 leaked out pretty well.
On purpose, by design.

But they are better at keeping problems and issues secret than any government agency, toyota could take a lesson...
Old 6/4/10, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

True intelligence operatives do not merely keep secrets, they control information, and reveal information strategically to their greater advantage. You may think you're getting top secret data to act on to accomplish something, but the truth is you're just playing into their hands.
Old 6/4/10, 05:35 PM
Cobra R Member

I like how everyone thinks Ford is like FedEx.
To be as transparent on orders and information, wouldn't be sound business practice, it nice for the consumer, but doesn't gain Ford anything. Other than making a restless people paranoid, tracking their car/calling every day... Plus that doesn't come cheap...

It's worth the wait.
Old 6/4/10, 06:19 PM
Cobra R Member

No offense there, Tony, but from your screen name you don't really have a dog in this fight. And there seems to be a fairly consistent pattern there -- anyone who has one or hasn't ordered one thinks waiting is OK. There are many who ordered in late April/early May who also feel that way and even some who ordered early that are fine with indefinite waits.

So, in principle you're right but car buying is an emotional process. If it wasn't, we'd all buy Corollas and Accords and be done with it. Consequently, emotions become a factor in the waiting process. Ford leverages these emotions when they market the car -- just watch the latest commercials. You don't see car companies displaying fact sheets on a TV screen followed by text "please buy our car".

You can't sell cars on emotion and then not expect to have to deal with emotions when you fail to deliver them.
Old 6/4/10, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
You can't sell cars on emotion and then not expect to have to deal with emotions when you fail to deliver them.
Buddy, you should email that directly to Alan. Well said. But you are right and wrong at the same time. Everyone is different. Like Jason has inferred before, even if sarcastically, I have been waiting 23 years to be able to afford a brand new V8 Mustang of my own. I almost did this year. I could have gotten a 2010 and I should have. But I decided to wait and see what was happening on the 2011s and ruined my chances of owning a V8 Mustang any time soon. BUT, even if I HAD ordered one and was going through this, I could sit back and wait a few more weeks. I know I wouldn't stop making a stink until Ford made it right, once my car came in though. If everything turned out okay and the crap washed off and the paint was fine, I wouldn't b*tch. But if the paint was jacked/tires flatspotted from sitting for 2 months, I would be pissed, however I have the type of relationship with my dealer that they would take care of me.

Trust me, I know the emotions of wanting your brand new Mustang more than most people on this board. Just hang in there man. And if you're not happy when it comes in then don't stop until Ford/your (A-hole, from what you've said) dealer makes it right. That's all there is to it!
Old 6/4/10, 06:54 PM

Couldn't agree with Corvettedreamin anymore. I ordered on Feb 2nd, and for the most part I am a calm and rational person. However, after 4 months of anticipation, I am more than disappointed in Ford. The worst part is the non-answers and being kept on a string.
Old 6/4/10, 09:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
No offense there, Tony, but from your screen name you don't really have a dog in this fight. And there seems to be a fairly consistent pattern there -- anyone who has one or hasn't ordered one thinks waiting is OK. There are many who ordered in late April/early May who also feel that way and even some who ordered early that are fine with indefinite waits.

So, in principle you're right but car buying is an emotional process. If it wasn't, we'd all buy Corollas and Accords and be done with it. Consequently, emotions become a factor in the waiting process. Ford leverages these emotions when they market the car -- just watch the latest commercials. You don't see car companies displaying fact sheets on a TV screen followed by text "please buy our car".

I like how you just assume I didn't wait for my car- as I waited over 4 months for a job 2 make. So don't tell me how it is to wait... And if you want to play a s/n game look at yours.

Ford got 11,000+ pre-orders alone. And That was reported over 2 months ago. That's an average of over 1 car being made per 4 minuets.- If they keep it open 24/7. Logically, you truly view that as plausible? That there is 0% errors, and they truly run a 6 sigma operation...

And another assumption on orders, as an emotional process... People such as myself, logic rules over emotion. I didn't get all giddy on my wait, I got curious. And hence I don't base any purchases on emotion: "any strong agitation of the feelings actuated by experiencing love, hate, fear, etc., and usually accompanied by certain physiological changes, as increased heartbeat or respiration, and often overt manifestation, as crying or shaking."

I'm not saying emotional buying doesn't happen, but complaining about it to anyone who will listen will do nothing but amp them self up even more. So if that's what these threads are all about, then let's keep bitcing like Ford is listening.