2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Funny Story

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/14 | 09:25 AM
Banned

Funny Story

Some of you know I am changing my GT into a Roush Replica. I received a phone call this morning from a friend of mine who lives in the area and also has a black GT mustang. He tells me he heard a messed with a GT500 yesterday, and I said yeah, turned out to be a friend of his. He then tells me the guy with the GT500 called him and said my Mustang scared the hell out of him, that it sounded like a freakin race car and was not about to mess with me. I was going under a bridge and dropped it into 2nd and stepped on it while he was along side of me, super loud (Roush exhaust, Cat delete, Tune, etc). I loved it my friend could to nothing but laugh and never told him anything about my Mustang. Wooow it's nice to know I can intimidate a GT500. This is so funny.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 1/18/14 at 09:27 AM.
Old 1/18/14 | 09:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Hmmmmm...must of been someone born without a set of *****.......

Nothing intimidates me.
Old 1/18/14 | 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

Nothing intimidates me.
Old 1/18/14 | 10:50 PM
FR500 Member

Im in a sixxer now and still nothing scares me >:]
Old 1/19/14 | 07:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

Nothing intimidates me.

Originally Posted by woodzusa

Originally Posted by CCTking
Im in a sixxer now and still nothing scares me >:]
Yeah, I just thought it was funny and probably would never happen again. There is no way, even if I had a Roush that it could beat a GT500. Maybe the Roush Stage 3 could, I think that has around 675hp

Last edited by B's 5.0; 1/19/14 at 07:41 AM.
Old 1/19/14 | 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Reality and assumption have little in common.
In a drag race the more powerful car is Not always the winner, this is where experience has it's merits. On the street anyone can be beat.
Old 1/19/14 | 08:17 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Black Fire
Reality and assumption have little in common. In a drag race the more powerful car is Not always the winner, this is where experience has it's merits. On the street anyone can be beat.
Spinning is winning for some. Street tires and normal roads cant hook like drag radials or slicks on a specially treated and prepped surface.
Old 1/19/14 | 08:43 AM
I Have No Life

Careful with the discussion guys... It's borderline... Mods might have a say in this.
Old 1/19/14 | 09:11 AM
FR500 Member

Youve got a point Z.

Just wondering though, i know we dont condome street racing here and not meaning to hijack but if the races are sanctioned by the local police department (meaning they monitor entrants, the start, and finish, and also check for any illegal equipment or mods) would that still be frowned upon? Because me and several other guys from my city are discussing this option with our local police department. Also have to pay an entry fee and if our cars break, we are liable. If there were to be an accident, EMS is on standby. It would be happening on an empty country backroad about 10 miles out of town. We brought up the proposal because it would be better for them to monitor the action instead of us just bein out there, and also its a very sparsely populated area so the only real danger would be to ourselves and each other. The last update we got was that they were speaking to the police chief seeing what kind of rules and regulations they would have to enforce. Were also proposing an old airstrip thats no longer used.

What are your guys opinions? Please feel free to PM me so we dont pull this thread into another tangent
Old 1/19/14 | 10:58 AM
GT Member

The stock older GT500 are slow and they know not to mess with a modded 5.0,

My friend has an 11 GT500 and wants nothing to do with my 5.0 before it was FI.
Old 1/19/14 | 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Fire
Reality and assumption have little in common.
In a drag race the more powerful car is Not always the winner, this is where experience has it's merits. On the street anyone can be beat.
How true, but I do not condone street racing. All I did was step on it under a bridge and that is as far as it went., but it was funny.

Spinning is winning for some. Street tires and normal roads cant hook like drag radials or slicks on a specially treated and prepped surface.
Yeah, I have a hard time hooking up and will make some changes.

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Careful with the discussion guys... It's borderline... Mods might have a say in this.
Thanks as above I do not condone street racing.

Youve got a point Z.

Just wondering though, i know we dont condome street racing here and not meaning to hijack but if the races are sanctioned by the local police department (meaning they monitor entrants, the start, and finish, and also check for any illegal equipment or mods) would that still be frowned upon? Because me and several other guys from my city are discussing this option with our local police department. Also have to pay an entry fee and if our cars break, we are liable. If there were to be an accident, EMS is on standby. It would be happening on an empty country backroad about 10 miles out of town. We brought up the proposal because it would be better for them to monitor the action instead of us just bein out there, and also its a very sparsely populated area so the only real danger would be to ourselves and each other. The last update we got was that they were speaking to the police chief seeing what kind of rules and regulations they would have to enforce. Were also proposing an old airstrip thats no longer used.

What are your guys opinions? Please feel free to PM me so we dont pull this thread into another tangent
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Originally Posted by racksteris
The stock older GT500 are slow and they know not to mess with a modded 5.0,

My friend has an 11 GT500 and wants nothing to do with my 5.0 before it was FI.
That's great to hear.
Old 1/19/14 | 12:41 PM
I Have No Life

Youve got a point Z. Just wondering though, i know we dont condome street racing here and not meaning to hijack but if the races are sanctioned by the local police department (meaning they monitor entrants, the start, and finish, and also check for any illegal equipment or mods) would that still be frowned upon? Because me and several other guys from my city are discussing this option with our local police department. Also have to pay an entry fee and if our cars break, we are liable. If there were to be an accident, EMS is on standby. It would be happening on an empty country backroad about 10 miles out of town. We brought up the proposal because it would be better for them to monitor the action instead of us just bein out there, and also its a very sparsely populated area so the only real danger would be to ourselves and each other. The last update we got was that they were speaking to the police chief seeing what kind of rules and regulations they would have to enforce. Were also proposing an old airstrip thats no longer used. What are your guys opinions? Please feel free to PM me so we dont pull this thread into another tangent
I would think that's ok? In fact I think that's great that your local cops do this.

The stock older GT500 are slow and they know not to mess with a modded 5.0, My friend has an 11 GT500 and wants nothing to do with my 5.0 before it was FI.
You know what, I find that very true... Before I was FI, it was rare. How much more now................
Old 1/19/14 | 01:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's funny...it's always the opposite for me. Guys with their modded 5.0's, Roush's, etc...they walk a little smaller after seeing and hearing.
Old 1/19/14 | 02:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
It's funny...it's always the opposite for me. Guys with their modded 5.0's, Roush's, etc...they walk a little smaller after seeing and hearing.
Yeah, it was just one of those rare occasions.
Old 1/19/14 | 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

They know better.....

Smile and wave....Smile and wave lol
Old 1/19/14 | 07:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by B's 5.0
Yeah, it was just one of those rare occasions.
Eh, just picking. It's always fun (to me) to see another SE Mustang, whether Roush or Saleen or a fellow Shelby. I usually rev if I'm going the opposite direction.

On the racing supported by law, there are a couple of those events in Texas already and a few in other states. The Terlingua run in October is sanctioned by the city of Terlingua and is actually a pretty successful fundraiser for them (I'll be going this year for the first of what I hope to be many times). The Silver State challenge in Nevada is a 90-mile run that's essentially the same thing: wide open the whole way (provided your car can make it that long without overheating). They do happen, though as you can imagine they're rare because of the risk of injury/death from lunatics driving faster than their skills are capable of handling the car.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 1/19/14 at 08:15 PM.
Old 1/19/14 | 08:30 PM
GT Member

You have a 13 no. I would not mess with a 13 even with my high HP tune. For now that IS...

What am i saying I think i can take a stock 13, GT 500 easy lol

Last edited by racksteris; 1/19/14 at 08:33 PM.
Old 1/19/14 | 08:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You have a 13 no. I would not mess with a 13 even with my high HP tune. For now that IS...

What am i saying I think i can take a stock 13, GT 500 easy lol
You might be surprised. They're fast. **** fast right off the lot. Mine is no longer stock, and will become even less stock before I'm finished with it. But that 662 stock HP is very real.
Old 1/19/14 | 11:56 PM
FR500 Member

You might be surprised. They're fast. **** fast right off the lot. Mine is no longer stock, and will become even less stock before I'm finished with it. But that 662 stock HP is very real.
The wheel spin is also very real lol

While i truly am floored by the power they make, the power delivery i wish was a lil smoother. Easier to keep traction in other words. I can see them going into the very very low 3's to 60 with the right suspension and tire set-up
Old 1/20/14 | 07:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'll admit... only a '13 GT500 scares me... all else are more of a drivers match.

OP, It is cool though that the guy actually talked about it to his friend... lol You actually left an impression. Nice!

Quick Reply: Funny Story