Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Fuel door

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/08, 12:27 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
I guess I could stilll just go up to your car with my funnel and pee in it....
To much information. Don't need to know what you do with your current car.
Old 11/28/08, 12:40 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
As of right now? No funnel is needed
Old 11/28/08, 02:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anthony k
i just saw a dark blue 10 GT at home depot. i pushed on the gas door and it opened. had a hood scoop on the power bulge hood too. looked pretty good. had the NAV in it too.
u know the car isnt out yet right?
Old 11/28/08, 02:19 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by RiceEatin2000GT
u know the car isnt out yet right?
They still test the car up until production, remember all those spy shots we had before the release.
Old 11/28/08, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

see, someone out of curiousity just went up to another person's car and started pushing on it

and the concept is understandable but like you said the only thing is now someone will need a funnel instead of twisting off a cap to **** in your tank..lol..

serious note though, remember the hood dent on a fox from people pressing the hood down? i foresee someone denting the door over a course of time.
Old 11/28/08, 03:05 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by sgt d
see, someone out of curiousity just went up to another person's car and started pushing on it

and the concept is understandable but like you said the only thing is now someone will need a funnel instead of twisting off a cap to **** in your tank..lol..

serious note though, remember the hood dent on a fox from people pressing the hood down? i foresee someone denting the door over a course of time.
I highly doubt the fuel door would dent, they are usually rolled edge and with the crease in it there is very small area that would be that weak to dent.
Old 11/28/08, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

i do not completely disagree with you however over time and if the mechanism breaks down i could see it.
Old 11/28/08, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Knight
Oh no thats horrible. I don't want to put my fingers or anything else on a car that isn't perfectly clean. going to scratch the paint from the dirt.
Just noticed this post. And you're absolutely right. Hell, I don't want to touch a car that is perfectly clean. WTF?

I can just picture myself, pulling up to the gas station for the first fill-up. Just standing there, looking at the fuel door, looking at the pump, looking at the fuel door, looking at the pump, looking back at the fuel door, looking back at the pump… they'd eventually have to ask me to leave.
Old 11/28/08, 07:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by zzcoop
Just noticed this post. And you're absolutely right. Hell, I don't want to touch a car that is perfectly clean. WTF?

I can just picture myself, pulling up to the gas station for the first fill-up. Just standing there, looking at the fuel door, looking at the pump, looking at the fuel door, looking at the pump, looking back at the fuel door, looking back at the pump… they'd eventually have to ask me to leave.
Yeah Ford should have offered a remote button in the car.
Old 11/28/08, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by holderca1
Never said that you said there was, didn't say you implied it either. I just made a statement that the '05-'09 wasn't secure.
You quoted me and then made the statement. That's an implication at the very least. No need to be that way....
Old 11/28/08, 08:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jimp
Maybe you should have read the line above the one you quoted:

The new capless fuel filler system creates a seal on the cap, so its not like you can pour anything in... unless its a fuel hose, or the accompanied funnel.

I read it. Do you know how the new capless system works? There's a little spring loaded door that pushes in when you insert the nozzle, or anything else that will fit in it. Hell, I could open it with almost anything.. a finger, a pen, etc....
Old 11/28/08, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boomer
Therefore it is more secure than the current system in which you can open the seal (gas cap) with your hand and dump anything down the pipe.
You can't just use your fingers to open the gas entry point, you have to use the supplied funnel or gas filler at the station.

I don't see how this is hard to understand.

I guess I could stilll just go up to your car with my funnel and pee in it....
Have you ever seen one of these up close? Of course you can open it with your finger. Try it out the next time you see one. I'm not sure why you would think that a gas pump nozzle would open it but your finger wouldn't.... Strange.
Old 11/28/08, 08:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I poked around a bit and found this:
http://ford.digitalsnippets.com/2008...can-be-locked/
and this:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...asy%20Fuel.pdf

Last edited by Thomas S; 11/28/08 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11/28/08, 08:46 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you look at how the capless system works....
Spring-loaded tabs pull back a flap in the filler neck when the pump nozzle is inserted. When fueling is complete, and the nozzle is removed, the system automatically seals shut.
That's why only certain sized nozzles will unlatch/unlock the system.

I mean I guess you could technically push the tabs back with your fingers and then push open the door...

Or like I said above..if your worried just get a locking cap....big whoop

Have you ever seen one of these up close?
And no sorry I haven't tried to open all the fuel filler caps I've seen,
that kinda thing just ..ya know...doesn't cross my mind.

Last edited by Boomer; 11/28/08 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11/29/08, 03:10 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Even Steven
You quoted me and then made the statement. That's an implication at the very least. No need to be that way....
Uh, you are reading into things that aren't there. I quoted your statement where you said the new cap isn't secure. I replied to that statement that there is nothing secure about the current version. Obviously, if you had said the current version was or wasn't secure, then I wouldn't have made a comment. I was just making a comment related to your post that wasn't directed towards you, but to a general audience that may not know how secure the current setup is. Please reread my post as you didn't really comprehend what I was saying. Just read what is there. After rereading it, please post the portion where I said that you said the current version is secure or where I implied it.

Last edited by holderca1; 11/29/08 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11/29/08, 05:48 AM
V6 Member

how do you get your door open now without touching it?...even if there was a remote inside you would still have to touch the door to close it...

Last edited by luzstang; 11/29/08 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11/29/08, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by luzstang
how do you get your cap open now without touching it?...even if there was a remote inside you would still have to touch the cap to close it...
The cap or the door? You don't have to remove the cap.
Old 11/29/08, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Knight
Oh no thats horrible. I don't want to put my fingers or anything else on a car that isn't perfectly clean. going to scratch the paint from the dirt.
This is puzzling to me, not sure if you are being serious or not. How do you open or close your car door without touching it? How do you close your trunk without touching it?
Old 11/29/08, 06:54 AM
V6 Member

sorry... i meant door...
Old 11/29/08, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by luzstang
sorry... i meant door...
I think it was mentioned above that you press on it and it pops open. So you have to touch it to open it. I usually always carry a terry cloth and a spray car detailer in my car to do minor touch ups.

Quick Reply: Fuel door