Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

front suspension "groaning"

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/14, 05:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
front suspension "groaning"

I really had no idea what to call the noise but it almost sounds like some rubber bushings might be bad possibly? Was going to see if anyone else had this issue.

Only happens when breaking and only when the car seems cold. Highly doubt its the breaks because the pads still have meat on them and from what i can tell the rotors still look good. So its wierd when it only happens while breaking.

Any thoughts? Not really a major issue but worried it could be one.
Old 5/3/14, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
I really had no idea what to call the noise but it almost sounds like some rubber bushings might be bad possibly? Was going to see if anyone else had this issue. Only happens when breaking and only when the car seems cold. Highly doubt its the breaks because the pads still have meat on them and from what i can tell the rotors still look good. So its wierd when it only happens while breaking. Any thoughts? Not really a major issue but worried it could be one.
You likely have the annoying and very common lower control arm issue. Lots and lots of guys have that and Ford has tried four different part numbers to fix it and still doesn't appear to have it fixed consistently.