2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Ford's Next-Generation Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/08 | 04:18 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by StangRalle
Cool stuff. I really like what I see. Hope it will fit the 05 generation.
Not much chance, I don't think. This new system utilizes a console-integrated 8" screen, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 9/16/08 | 04:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Not much chance, I don't think. This new system utilizes a console-integrated 8" screen, if I'm not mistaken.
Somehow make it custom fit... It will fit after some customizing work.

When available?
Old 9/16/08 | 07:54 AM
Cobra Member

I know it's off topic, but it says dual zone elec climate control. SCORE!!!!
Old 9/16/08 | 03:20 PM
Cobra Member

Nah this system will probably cost about $3000 and you could just create a skin in Roadrunner to look like this one if you like the look. You can probably get your boot up times down. I know some people are around 10 seconds or so with SS drives.

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
****, and I'll look silly for putting all that effort into a car-puter with those features.. Looks good though, and I would appreciate the instant bootup time, vs my 30 second wait before the music starts playing. :P
Old 9/16/08 | 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Looks really cool, but I don't think it's $3000.00 worth of cool,,,
Old 9/16/08 | 05:42 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by WaltM
my bank account is gonna be in serious ruin after it lol..
Old 9/16/08 | 09:23 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by WaltM
That option is 2500 CAN.
Listed as a 2375 US option on the FLex
Old 9/17/08 | 12:53 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
That option is 2500 CAN.
Thanks for the price info Boomer. It basically offsets the X-plan. To me it's worth it
Old 9/17/08 | 01:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

That option is 2500 CAN.
Wonder what this will be $$$ as aftermarket product?
Old 9/17/08 | 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Deric
Nah this system will probably cost about $3000 and you could just create a skin in Roadrunner to look like this one if you like the look. You can probably get your boot up times down. I know some people are around 10 seconds or so with SS drives.
Ah, that money would cover an extremely thorough/high end carputer setup. One thing I do want to salvage from Flex is the microphone system. I bet Ford/MS sound engineers toiled over the most ideal type and location for the microphone for good voice recognition in a noisey moving car..
Old 9/17/08 | 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Thanks for the price info Boomer. It basically offsets the X-plan. To me it's worth it
Dont forget that the list price is MSRP for the Nav option. X plan basically pays invoice. I'm not sure what the MSRP price is for the glass roof, but invoice cost is only $1736.
Sorry, maybe it is different for x plan versus a,z,d plans.

Last edited by FordBlueHeart; 9/17/08 at 12:35 PM.
Old 9/17/08 | 12:41 PM
I Have No Life

Yeah each option (from what I remember)
has Invoice, Invoice + holdback, A-Plan (2% under invoice), X-Plan pricing (2% over invoice)
They all differ.
Old 9/17/08 | 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah each option (from what I remember)
has Invoice, Invoice + holdback, A-Plan (2% under invoice), X-Plan pricing (2% over invoice)
They all differ.
Yup, agreed, but for simplicity, invoice gets you close enough.
Old 9/17/08 | 01:12 PM
I Have No Life

Usually 'invoice' is invoice+holdback.
Old 9/17/08 | 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Usually 'invoice' is invoice+holdback.
Right again, but there is still holdback beyond employee price too. Also invoice + holdback is a term dealers use when dealertrading for a vehicle. Meaning that the trading dealer will have to pay invoice plus the holdback.

Last edited by FordBlueHeart; 9/17/08 at 02:24 PM.
Old 9/17/08 | 04:40 PM

What is "holdback"?
Old 9/17/08 | 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
It's amazing what is available with this newest version of navigator. It's going to get to the point where navigation systems provide so much information at your fingertips, that it will be illegal to use while your driving! Soon total integration will be voice and you'll have conversations with your car....just like HAL in 2001 Space Odessey!
aren't some functions already blocked when the vehicle is being driven?
Old 9/17/08 | 05:11 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Looking at the new pics Brad put up...........I am just right now. The features are all AMAZING!

I could really use that lane change warning (for freeway changes) when driving in LA. For those of you who don't know, in LA switching freeways is VERY dangerous. The switch can come in any lane of a super crowded freeway, and they usually only come with a 1 mile warning. To top it all off they're always right next to another freeway merging with the one you're on! Then there are the dumb SoCal drivers at the wheel too.

I want this feature just as much as I need it lol.
Old 9/18/08 | 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Looking at the new pics Brad put up...........I am just right now. The features are all AMAZING!

I could really use that lane change warning (for freeway changes) when driving in LA. For those of you who don't know, in LA switching freeways is VERY dangerous. The switch can come in any lane of a super crowded freeway, and they usually only come with a 1 mile warning. To top it all off they're always right next to another freeway merging with the one you're on! Then there are the dumb SoCal drivers at the wheel too.

I want this feature just as much as I need it lol.
Yeah.. to all the people who say they don't need nav's, try driving around in New Jersey/New York interstates. You're driving in one lane and you're told "in 0.5 miles" the lane you're in is about to go a completely different direction, and there's cars all around you. A nav would have definately helped me back then. Mapquest and google maps will not help you there if you're not a native to the area.

Last edited by krnpimpsta; 9/18/08 at 07:04 AM.
Old 9/18/08 | 07:03 AM

And to everyone who thinks navigation makes you less of a man, or makes you look like you don't know how to navigate:

I used to feel the same way before I got nav capability in my car. I always thought, what's the point, just learn the roads, wuss.

But after having GPS for a while, I can honestly say more information in the car is better. What are you going to do when you're far from home (happens alot in large metro areas), and you just get a call that the sushi resteraunt is closed on saturdays, so your friends are meeting up Location X instead? Drive home and mapquest? Demand a turn by turn list of directions to something 10 miles away and scribble it down?

Also very helpful when you're in a hurry.

I find this anti-GPS sentiment just as silly as noob programmers who insist on coding exclusively in notepad, even when there are much more powerful coding tools around. It doesn't make you a bigger programmer or man. What separates us from the apes is our ability use tools to perform actions better than an unaided human.

But yeah, no offense to the luddites . I can understand your desire for a stripped down no-frills, serious race car.. and it really does make sense if the mustang is only a race-car for you. For me, a mustang will be my only car for the forseeable future, so it must be all things. (Fast, pretty, luxurious, high tech). Just spouting off my views.

Last edited by krnpimpsta; 9/18/08 at 07:59 AM. Reason: correction of a typo

Quick Reply: Ford's Next-Generation Navigation System