2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford Mustang GT 2013 ABS module help

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/20, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Mustang GT 2013 ABS module help

Hello people. Im looking for some advice regarding a Ford Mustang GT 2013 that I recently received.

The ABS and stability control warnings are showing up. Checked all sensors and stuff and seems like the ABS module is faulty. What I did is that I checked the module number so I can get a replacement and the printed number says:

dr33-2c405-ac

A quick google search and some catalog browsing shows that this is a module for a 2010-2014 mustang v6. Looking further into this, I found that the correct module should have the same reference except for the last letter which ends in D and not in C

dr33-2c405-ad

Can somebody shed some light into this?

Thanks for reading
Old 7/12/20, 09:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Hm. Lots of weird part numbers abound on this issue. So... check it out:
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...omponents-scat

That's the 'exploded' parts diagram for your ABS module/pump. As you can see NONE of them have 2C405 in them. So there's that little extra bit for you to digest, ain't Ford cool like that?

So... the part numbers you're seeing are either old, superseded part numbers for the control module (part 2 on the diagram, or part number DR3Z-2C219-A), OR it's the entire set of 6 parts (in various quantities) to make the assembly, which Ford seemingly doesn't offer, just the parts for it. So that part number is obsolete as a thing, except on Ebay or such. If you want that 'part', you have to assemble it from the parts. Maybe. Can't be sure, but I bet a Ford parts person can, they can look up in their fancy system better than any other place.

Thing is now... which is the broken part? The control module? Or the modulator valve? Both? Neither? This is where a proper ABS scan tool is going to be more helpful and probably cheaper than aiming a parts cannon at it. And while you may can get one for yourself, perhaps it'd be the better part of valor to pay the Ford man, or other competent shop what can scan a Ford ABS system, to diagnose it for you before you go spending money where you might not need to.

And by the way, the other guy in that other forum? (Your question shows up in a google search for that part number, so I found it...) He's correct on the C/D thing. Totally swappable, but it's best to go forward, not backward, in revision. Get the D version over the C, if you're gonna Ebay it, I'd say, they both seem to be correct for the car, as much as an older set of versions can be anyway.

Hope that helps, good luck, and welcome to the forums!

Old 7/13/20, 06:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,046 Posts
before you buy a new module, check the wires under the car -- driver's side rear, follow the sensor wire up above the exhaust, make sure it is not hitting the exhaust / melting the insulation and grounding it out . . . check passenger side also, but on my car it was only on the driver side

search for "service advancetrack" thread for more details
Old 7/13/20, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you both for your responses

I do have an advanced scanner in my shop. Module is completely unresponsive. We tried the wiring but we will try looking again though

Best regards

Originally Posted by houtex
Hm. Lots of weird part numbers abound on this issue. So... check it out:
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...omponents-scat

That's the 'exploded' parts diagram for your ABS module/pump. As you can see NONE of them have 2C405 in them. So there's that little extra bit for you to digest, ain't Ford cool like that?

So... the part numbers you're seeing are either old, superseded part numbers for the control module (part 2 on the diagram, or part number DR3Z-2C219-A), OR it's the entire set of 6 parts (in various quantities) to make the assembly, which Ford seemingly doesn't offer, just the parts for it. So that part number is obsolete as a thing, except on Ebay or such. If you want that 'part', you have to assemble it from the parts. Maybe. Can't be sure, but I bet a Ford parts person can, they can look up in their fancy system better than any other place.

Thing is now... which is the broken part? The control module? Or the modulator valve? Both? Neither? This is where a proper ABS scan tool is going to be more helpful and probably cheaper than aiming a parts cannon at it. And while you may can get one for yourself, perhaps it'd be the better part of valor to pay the Ford man, or other competent shop what can scan a Ford ABS system, to diagnose it for you before you go spending money where you might not need to.

And by the way, the other guy in that other forum? (Your question shows up in a google search for that part number, so I found it...) He's correct on the C/D thing. Totally swappable, but it's best to go forward, not backward, in revision. Get the D version over the C, if you're gonna Ebay it, I'd say, they both seem to be correct for the car, as much as an older set of versions can be anyway.

Hope that helps, good luck, and welcome to the forums!
Originally Posted by Bert
before you buy a new module, check the wires under the car -- driver's side rear, follow the sensor wire up above the exhaust, make sure it is not hitting the exhaust / melting the insulation and grounding it out . . . check passenger side also, but on my car it was only on the driver side

search for "service advancetrack" thread for more details