2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Foglights on?

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/14, 01:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sometimes I can't decide which ones to turn on...the upper or lower:-)
Attached Thumbnails Foglights on?-image-128582149.jpg  
Old 4/12/14, 02:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
i use them instead of my headlights.
Wow really?

My fog lights suck! They look yellow compared to the HIDs. SO.........I ordered HID fogs....the other ones are out and just waiting for the HIDs to arrive. You would think Ford would of did this upgrade....nah..

I'll have a set of fogs for sale if anyone is interested, real soon.
Old 4/12/14, 02:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sakol
Do you have them both hooked up? How did you wire that?
Old 4/12/14, 07:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also installed the factory lower fog lights on my 2014 GT. I wired them on a new rocker switch..what a PITA.

The factory original fog (driving lights) in the GT grill are blinding to oncoming drivers and in rear-view mirrors. When on at night oncoming traffic is constantly flashing their brights at me, also I think oncoming drivers assume your brights are on with 4 headlights blaring at them. I tried the yellow tint but didn't like the look so I since removed it. FYI...the upper fog (driving lights) in the GT grill are adjustable and can easily be lowered by the adjusting screw in the top center of each light.
Attached Thumbnails Foglights on?-lower-fl-lit-6-.jpg   Foglights on?-lower-fl-lit-5-.jpg  
Old 4/12/14, 07:17 AM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by elkk
I also installed the factory lower fog lights on my 2014 GT. I wired them on a new rocker switch..what a PITA.

The factory original fog (driving lights) in the GT grill are blinding to oncoming drivers and in rear-view mirrors. When on at night oncoming traffic is constantly flashing their brights at me, also I think oncoming drivers assume your brights are on with 4 headlights blaring at them. I tried the yellow tint but didn't like the look so I since removed it. FYI...the upper fog (driving lights) in the GT grill are adjustable and can easily be lowered by the adjusting screw in the top center of each light.
GREAT choice on the color of your car!
Old 4/12/14, 12:51 PM
V6 Member

Im glad to hear that i'm not the only one that runs with them always on. I don't want to be THAT guy...
Old 4/12/14, 01:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
Wow really?

My fog lights suck! They look yellow compared to the HIDs. SO.........I ordered HID fogs....the other ones are out and just waiting for the HIDs to arrive. You would think Ford would of did this upgrade....nah..

I'll have a set of fogs for sale if anyone is interested, real soon.
They're not supposed to be super bright white light. All that does is amplify visibility problems while driving in heavy precipitation.

I change out all my stock fog lights for very yellow bulbs (2500k) for this very reason. They can still be very bright, but the yellow doesn't blind you or other drivers, keeps your night vision better intact, and for me makes it much easier to see the road versus a pure white light.

There are few things I hate worse then folks that put super bright lights in their fogs, then drive around with them all the time - blinding everyone else. It's worse when they don't bother to aim them correctly.
Old 4/12/14, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
They're not supposed to be super bright white light. All that does is amplify visibility problems while driving in heavy precipitation.

I change out all my stock fog lights for very yellow bulbs (2500k) for this very reason. They can still be very bright, but the yellow doesn't blind you or other drivers, keeps your night vision better intact, and for me makes it much easier to see the road versus a pure white light.

There are few things I hate worse then folks that put super bright lights in their fogs, then drive around with them all the time - blinding everyone else. It's worse when they don't bother to aim them correctly.
I have a different theory. I get flashed regardless of "fog" lights on, as long as my HIDs are on. I don't think the fogs are that bright, or that intense compared to the factory HIDs. So I think the HIDs get us flashed.
Old 4/12/14, 04:01 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
My car doesn't have fog lights.
Ditto.

Mechanic saw me pull on and was like "cool MCA edition." I just laughed.

Most people identify the GT with those grille fog lights. Just my observation.

Personally I like the look of the smaller fog lights integrated into the lover CS valance. Grilles should be open and clean.
Old 4/12/14, 05:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I have a different theory. I get flashed regardless of "fog" lights on, as long as my HIDs are on. I don't think the fogs are that bright, or that intense compared to the factory HIDs. So I think the HIDs get us flashed.
I don't think the stock fogs are that bright anyways. I'm mostly referring to folks who put HID lights in there that are super bright. I've never seen a stock car with fogs that were too bright.

As far as the HID headlamps, I wonder if some folks have theirs aimed a bit too high from the factory. I feel like mine are slightly low, but then again I've never been flashed.
Old 4/12/14, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I don't think the stock fogs are that bright anyways. I'm mostly referring to folks who put HID lights in there that are super bright. I've never seen a stock car with fogs that were too bright.

As far as the HID headlamps, I wonder if some folks have theirs aimed a bit too high from the factory. I feel like mine are slightly low, but then again I've never been flashed.
Ah, now I catch your drift.

I get flashed on fairly regular basis. I feel my HIDs are aimed fairly high, because I have yet to us my high beam. It's a factory setting, but they may have aimed them a bit higher than norm.
Old 4/13/14, 01:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Ah, now I catch your drift.

I get flashed on fairly regular basis. I feel my HIDs are aimed fairly high, because I have yet to us my high beam. It's a factory setting, but they may have aimed them a bit higher than norm.
I also get flashed and have been told that I may need to re aim my lights. I just think its because the HID's are really bright along with the Fog's. Or they're just intimated
Old 4/13/14, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always. anytime of day or night. Safety...
Old 4/13/14, 09:06 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just a reminder, in many states (like here in Oregon) you must turn off your fog lights (or grill mounted lights) when traffic approaches. Just like dimming your brights. Only your low beams are allowed to be on. If your getting flashed - that could be the reason.

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/COMM/Pages/NR13102301.aspx

Last edited by skramblr; 4/13/14 at 09:08 PM.
Old 4/14/14, 05:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
The driving lights high in the grill are not fog lights and only make it worse in fog. Fog lights need to be low in the bumper to cut under the fog.

Same in blowing snow. High beams or driving lights high in the grill make it blindingly worse. Low beams and fog lights low in the bumper shine closer towards the pavement/under the blowing snow - rather than farther out in the distance where it reflects off the snow.
I agree, which is why my GT grille has the block off covers, and the fogs are in the lower bumber, where they belong.
Attached Thumbnails Foglights on?-p1080243.jpg  

Last edited by Bucko; 4/14/14 at 05:30 AM.
Old 4/14/14, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Thomas S
Do you have them both hooked up? How did you wire that?
Yes, I have both hooked up with the option of turning either the upper grill ones on or the lower Roush ones on. Not all four. Too dangerous.
Old 4/14/14, 08:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
I agree, which is why my GT grille has the block off covers, and the fogs are in the lower bumber, where they belong.
thats a nice clean red one you got there bucko.
Old 4/14/14, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, I have both hooked up with the option of turning either the upper grill ones on or the lower Roush ones on. Not all four. Too dangerous.
Forgot to mention I got the wiring kit from Starkeys.
https://themustangsource.com/showthr...420&styleid=28

I had my friend Rony do the wiring. To switch from one to another, he had to install an additional switch that was added below the driver side. The extra switch didn't come from Starkeys. Rony says you can get it at any electronic store like RadioShack.
Attached Thumbnails Foglights on?-image-2344110259.jpg   Foglights on?-image-2563204621.jpg   Foglights on?-image-188533591.jpg   Foglights on?-image-4247621995.jpg   Foglights on?-image-1679150369.jpg  

Foglights on?-image-3684468776.jpg  
Old 4/14/14, 03:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks sakol! Can you tell me what headlights this are? They look sweet!
Old 4/14/14, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
No Fogs.
Attached Thumbnails Foglights on?-0121121641-02.jpg  

Quick Reply: Foglights on?