Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

First look at 2013 in person

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/12, 11:39 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First look at 2013 in person

I was finally able to see a 2013 Mustang on Sunday. I saw a race red, black, and deep impact blue....and all look great (all were V6 coupes).
I really like the new bumper cover/grille, and the black panel between the tailights looks good with the new black tailights.
Overall I think Ford did a nice job of updating the bodystyle and I intend to order a GT myself later this spring.
I love black (my '05 GT is black), but it is a pain to keep clean. I've had 6 black cars and I'm not getting any younger....so the hard part is deciding what color to choose.
I like performance white, grabber blue, and deep impact blue....but with the deep impact blue I might as well just go with black because it will be quite difficult to maintain too.

Performance White gives me the option to choose several interior colors....Grabber Blue and I'm limited to black. Then again, nothing is as good as Black and I can choose several interiors with it too.

What are your thoughts???.....thanks!
Old 3/19/12, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
We have the '10 in Grabber Blue (w/stone interior) now. It doesn't show dirt as bad as I thought it would. But as you say the 2013 GB only comes black interior now. The Wifey went with the Red Candy on her now ordered 2013. My guess it won't be very hard to keep clean. Nothing is as hard as black. I have owned one white vehicle, and it was a breeze to keep clean. Didn't show dirt so bad. Good luck on you decision, I know it ain't easy.
Old 3/19/12, 12:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for looking clean all the time i'ld say Grabber Blue..
Old 3/19/12, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

White or silver.
Old 3/19/12, 12:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Go with silver or white...after getting mine in black I am wishing i would have gone with silver....
Old 3/19/12, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

The thing about black on the 13 is you give up the coolness of the blackout panel between the tail lights as it will blend in with the rest of the paint job.
Old 3/19/12, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by xlover
The thing about black on the 13 is you give up the coolness of the blackout panel between the tail lights as it will blend in with the rest of the paint job.
There are some though who prefer the look of the 10-12, and in that case having the blackout panel hidden by the black paint, it's a better look for them.
Old 3/19/12, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JCStang
Go with silver or white...after getting mine in black I am wishing i would have gone with silver....
What are your reasons for this?
Old 3/19/12, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JCStang
+1 i used to have a silver F-150 before i got my black '11. I would go as far to say silver is the easiest to keep looking clean, even easier than white IMO
Old 3/19/12, 03:19 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say white. Looks angry yet sophisticated, especially with black accents. I had a black 02 and i love having a shiny ride so it was a real time consumer. IMO white is the way to go. With a red interior of course (;
Old 3/19/12, 03:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StealthKillShot
+1 i used to have a silver F-150 before i got my black '11. I would go as far to say silver is the easiest to keep looking clean, even easier than white IMO
Absolutely. My 06 was Satin Silver and it almost always looked good. My kona shows everything, lol.
Old 3/19/12, 03:40 PM

I saw a few at the DC Autoshow a month or two back. Definitely an improvement, particularly the back which needed it most, even if the rear still isn't any work of automotive art. This should do well to carry over the S197 Stang until the 2015 redesign.
Old 3/19/12, 03:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with OP I have a navy blue car and it's pain cleaning it clean which is why I went with a silver mustang it won't show dirt as much
Old 3/19/12, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Please elaborate on how the Deep Impact Blue looked!!!!!
Old 3/19/12, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Please elaborate on how the Deep Impact Blue looked!!!!!
Kla$$ic, I believe your photo you use is the one I took at Barrett Jackson this January. DIB is a awesome color, that picture pretty much captures it. I can send more if you like. PM me your email.

Btw, where you at in loooziana?
Old 3/19/12, 06:03 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the input....now I'm just more confused (just kidding)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
UltraKla$$ic.....Deep Impact Blue is an awesome color (as 1992chpb4c stated).....ranks at (or near) the top of all shades of blue I have seen.
I have an '89 LX 5.0L in my garage that is Dark Shadow Blue (a few shades darker than DIB) that is a real pain in the **** to keep clean. It is every bit as bad as black....DIB will probably be a little easier to maintain, but not much.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to offend anyone (everyone has their own preference), but I'm not a huge fan of Silver. In my opinion it always looks good....but never great.
Shades of Gray fall into this same catagory....the darker they get the better they look, but also the harder to keep clean.
I think Red can look fantastic, but it also draws attention (both good and bad).
My brother-in-law has a 2011 GT in Candy Red, but he's a Deputy Sheriff and doesn't have to worry about speeding tickets.....come to think of it, maybe I don't either
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So realistically I'm pretty much down to Grabber Blue, Black, and Performance White.
I like each one considerably.....Black will always be my favorite but a lot of work, Performance White does look bright and timeless, and Grabber Blue is also bright (and a color that seems to change in different lighting). I'm old enough to have been around original Grabber Blue FoMoCo's and I like the tie into early Mustang history.
--------------------------------------------------------------
If I use my head I'll choose either Performance White or Grabber Blue....if I go strictly by sight, I'll choose Black. The only way I will know for sure is to see all three colors in Mustang GT trim with either the base 18" 5 spoke wheels or the 19" 5 spoke nickel wheels.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again for all the input....when you take delivery of your 2013's please post photos so I can get a better idea of which one to choose.

I've had at least 1 Mustang in my garage (usually 2) since 1987 and I'll most likely have at least one in my garage until the day I die.

The 2013-14 is a nice but subtle change to the '05 and up body style.....I'm also anxious to see the direction Ford takes the 2015.
If it's anything like the past it will take a while to grow on me (except the current SN197, I liked these from day one)....but then I'll like it as much (maybe more) than all the others.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 3/19/12 at 06:08 PM.
Old 3/19/12, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Kla$$ic, I believe your photo you use is the one I took at Barrett Jackson this January. DIB is a awesome color, that picture pretty much captures it. I can send more if you like. PM me your email.

Btw, where you at in loooziana?
Thanks a million!!! PM headed your way!!!! I'm in Lake Charles Lowsyana!!! LOL

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
UltraKla$$ic.....Deep Impact Blue is an awesome color (as 1992chpb4c stated).....ranks at (or near) the top of all shades of blue I have seen.
I have an '89 LX 5.0L in my garage that is Dark Shadow Blue (a few shades darker than DIB) that is a real pain in the **** to keep clean. It is every bit as bad as black....DIB will probably be a little easier to maintain, but not much.
Thanks for the reply!! Much appreciated. And to your inquiry, id go with Ingot Silver. Hard to tell its dirty and dresses up smokin hot!!!
Old 3/19/12, 06:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The '13 looks best in white, then black IMHO but I always wanted grabber, so gb it is for me. Check out the pics of the CS in white. Looks great with the new nose. Luckily, itll be awesome no matter what you choose so you cant go wrong.
Old 3/19/12, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I don't want to offend anyone (everyone has their own preference), but I'm not a huge fan of Silver. In my opinion it always looks good....but never great.
Shades of Gray fall into this same catagory....the darker they get the better they look, but also the harder to keep clean.
I think Red can look fantastic, but it also draws attention (both good and bad).
My brother-in-law has a 2011 GT in Candy Red, but he's a Deputy Sheriff and doesn't have to worry about speeding tickets.....come to think of it, maybe I don't either
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So realistically I'm pretty much down to Grabber Blue, Black, and Performance White.
I like each one considerably.....Black will always be my favorite but a lot of work, Performance White does look bright and timeless, and Grabber Blue is also bright (and a color that seems to change in different lighting). I'm old enough to have been around original Grabber Blue FoMoCo's and I like the tie into early Mustang history.
--------------------------------------------------------------
If I use my head I'll choose either Performance White or Grabber Blue....if I go strictly by sight, I'll choose Black. The only way I will know for sure is to see all three colors in Mustang GT trim with either the base 18" 5 spoke wheels or the 19" 5 spoke nickel wheels.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again for all the input....when you take delivery of your 2013's please post photos so I can get a better idea of which one to choose.

I've had at least 1 Mustang in my garage (usually 2) since 1987 and I'll most likely have at least one in my garage until the day I die.

The 2013-14 is a nice but subtle change to the '05 and up body style.....I'm also anxious to see the direction Ford takes the 2015.
If it's anything like the past it will take a while to grow on me (except the current SN197, I liked these from day one)....but then I'll like it as much (maybe more) than all the others.
I am scared of Ford White. Looks great but I am confused on how Ford was not able to stop the white paint from pealing over a decade on the Crown Victoria???????
Old 3/19/12, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Thanks a million!!! PM headed your way!!!! I'm in Lake Charles Lowsyana!!! LOL
Pictures are on the way, let me know if they make it.

Wow, that is where I was born.

Quick Reply: First look at 2013 in person