Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally......

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/14, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Finally......

Broke 1,000 miles....averaging 15.5 mpg's....about 4 mpg's less than my 12 v6.....hope to get a staggered set of wheels next spring. I do have the infamous gear whine between about 62 and 68 but only notice it when windows are up. Also get a clunk and a crunching sound when starting in first gear once and a while but notice if I get the revs a little higher it doesn't do it. Overall love the car and hope to keep it for many years.
Old 7/19/14, 05:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats! I still have about 500miles till 1000.
Old 7/19/14, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just passed 5000. Bought it last Black Friday.
Old 7/20/14, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JCStang
Broke 1,000 miles....averaging 15.5 mpg's....about 4 mpg's less than my 12 v6.....hope to get a staggered set of wheels next spring. I do have the infamous gear whine between about 62 and 68 but only notice it when windows are up. Also get a clunk and a crunching sound when starting in first gear once and a while but notice if I get the revs a little higher it doesn't do it. Overall love the car and hope to keep it for many years.
If I remember, on first startup when it's cold, I will row through the gear pattern at least 3 times, even after my MGW upgrade. It helps mitigate the 'crunchiness' in the transmission when it's cold. Warming up the engine also helps.

Your MPG will improve, provided you aren't banging high rpm shifts at every stop.

My first mod list for all 6MT GT owners ($200 budget)

Hood struts
Sound tube delete
Upgrade 6x8 speakers in the doors

Enjoy that new car smell while it lasts!
Old 7/20/14, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've now got 2300kms (just under 1500 mi). I've got a couple of minor things.

Now I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the OP, but starting in first gear, under very light throttle and feathering out the clutch, I get a noise kind of like tin heatshields rattling. If I use no throttle and feather it out to just roll forward slightly, or if I use a little more throttle, it doesn't do it.

If I'm stopped, foot on the brake, neutral and foot off the clutch, and I take my foot off the brake, clutch in and shift into first, I get a clunk at the back of the car that jerks the car forward slightly. This clunk happens just a hair BEFORE the shifter goes into first, or as it's sliding through the gate but not quite full in yet. If it happened as the shifter came to rest in 1st, I probably wouldn't even notice it, it's the timing that seems strange to me.

Hit the voice command button and say, "Bluetooth Audio." Sync Lady comes over the speakers, "Blmputh Audio". It's actually hilarious, we get a kick out of it. Just kind of, "How did Ford not notice this?"

Those three items aside, it's a great car that gets a ton of looks. People love it, and I love it.
Old 7/20/14, 10:23 AM

about 1200 miles on it now... bought it beginning of July. However, I drove it pretty hard on occasion - I subscribe mostly to the "drive it like you stole it" break in procedure. Car runs perfectly, no issues and it hasn't eaten any oil in the first 1K miles.
Old 7/20/14, 10:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
just passed 40,000 lol and what and awesome 40,000 miles it has been.
Old 7/20/14, 10:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just hit 23000 and it's been 16000 here in Europe. Once in a lifetime with my favorite car.
Old 7/20/14, 11:33 AM
Cobra Member

That rattle sound is what I was referring to, doesn;t do it that often, just once in a while and yes, under light throttle.

Love the power and the sound. Since I only drive it once in a while, each time I take it out, it's like driving it for the first time.

Figure at this rate, since I picked it up in Feb, took it out of storage end of March, I should have about 2,000 to 2,500 miles on it when I put it away this fall. By the time I retire in 6 or 7 years, it might be broken in!!!!!
Old 7/20/14, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I get the same rattling on light throttle letting the clutch out. Had my car at the Dealer a few weeks ago and asked them to look into it. They said the noise comes from the Bell Housing area. Compared it too another car and said it was the same. It is a bit annoying but sounds like it is normal.
Old 7/20/14, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just passed 10,000 Saturday night on the way to a gig.
Old 7/20/14, 06:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
Just passed 10,000 Saturday night on the way to a gig.
Same here on my 2012.
Old 7/20/14, 10:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
just passed 40,000 lol and what and awesome 40,000 miles it has been.
I just passed 40,000 miles too. I did cheat and buy my 12 used. It had 6000 miles on it. I've had 6000 less miles of fun than you but my 34000 has been pretty awesome too.
Old 7/20/14, 11:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
12,000 miles averaging 18mpg.
Old 7/21/14, 04:13 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77

Now I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the OP, but starting in first gear, under very light throttle and feathering out the clutch, I get a noise kind of like tin heatshields rattling. If I use no throttle and feather it out to just roll forward slightly, or if I use a little more throttle, it doesn't do it.

If I'm stopped, foot on the brake, neutral and foot off the clutch, and I take my foot off the brake, clutch in and shift into first, I get a clunk at the back of the car that jerks the car forward slightly. This clunk happens just a hair BEFORE the shifter goes into first, or as it's sliding through the gate but not quite full in yet. If it happened as the shifter came to rest in 1st, I probably wouldn't even notice it, it's the timing that seems strange to me.

Hit the voice command button and say, "Bluetooth Audio." Sync Lady comes over the speakers, "Blmputh Audio". It's actually hilarious, we get a kick out of it. Just kind of, "How did Ford not notice this?"

Those three items aside, it's a great car that gets a ton of looks. People love it, and I love it.
If you are sure you are hearing a clunk at low speed from the rear of the car engaging 1st, then you are experiencing slop from the rear u joint in the wonderful 2 piece driveshaft design Ford uses. Sad part is your dealer will tell you it's 'normal' or within tolerance, so you can try to get used to it, or upgrade your driveshaft (which I did - and the noise is gone). I guess you could try replacing just the rear u joint, but everyone I have read about correcting this replaced the shaft as they wanted to upgrade.

I have a slight slope in my driveway, and would experience the clunk in both 1st and reverse. One aluminum DSS shaft later, all is well.
Old 7/21/14, 06:46 AM
Cobra Member

just under 4,000KM and have had it for around a month. (One week of that month it was parked in the Garage while on vacation)

If I drive it gently, get 9L/100KM

If I drive it aggressive, get 10L/100KM
Old 7/21/14, 07:36 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
I get the same rattling on light throttle letting the clutch out. Had my car at the Dealer a few weeks ago and asked them to look into it. They said the noise comes from the Bell Housing area. Compared it too another car and said it was the same. It is a bit annoying but sounds like it is normal.
I recommend you guys bring them in to your Ford Dealers and get them checked out. Then PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your areas.

You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha
Old 7/21/14, 08:22 AM
CURRENTLY NOT ACTIVE ON THIS SITE DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by lakeguy77

Glad to hear that you're loving the car, lakeguy77. I'd like to assist with these concerns. I suggest bringing your Mustang in to your local dealer for this if you haven't already. Then, send a PM with your VIN, dealership information, updated odometer reading, full name, and best daytime contact number; I'll loop in your regional customer service manager to assist.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Brittany
Old 7/21/14, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here is me on Saturday night. Notice the 23 mpg! I have not reset the mileage in the last 5,000 miles or so. Not too bad!
Attached Thumbnails Finally......-10000.jpg  
Old 7/21/14, 09:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService

I recommend you guys bring them in to your Ford Dealers and get them checked out. Then PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your areas.

You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha... But I already had mine to the Dealer and they said it is normal... Appreciate it though!